misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hey everyone
Sorry I haven’t been on for a long time had a rough few months I was having lot of floaters and over last 2 years I have had numerous bleeds and had laser surgery via general anaesthetic as was so painful for me to have it normally x
I had my follow up appointment in January and surgery had worked or so I thought, 5,weeks ago I had a bleed in my left eye and pretty bad one in my right eye and went to the eye casualty and they gave me eye drops x5 daily and had a follow up on Thursday with the news I was dreading that the laser surgery hadn’t worked and there was a lot of scarring on my eyes and my retina has now torn I can no longer have anymore laser treatment as it will not work and could make my eyes worse, they are looking to repair the retina but these bleeds can happen for the next 20 years and am at high risk of going blind.
The moral of the story is please take care of yourself and any problems get seen.
It’s not that I didn’t take care of myself I did was just I suffer with dawn effect have tried many different insulin’s and am now on a pump which is working well but the damage has already been done
If there any advice or support or light at the end of the tunnel excuse the pun or anyone going through this I would like some feedback thank you
P.S. sorry for the long post

Esther May

Hey everyone
Sorry I haven’t been on for a long time had a rough few months I was having lot of floaters and over last 2 years I have had numerous bleeds and had laser surgery via general anaesthetic as was so painful for me to have it normally x
I had my follow up appointment in January and surgery had worked or so I thought, 5,weeks ago I had a bleed in my left eye and pretty bad one in my right eye and went to the eye casualty and they gave me eye drops x5 daily and had a follow up on Thursday with the news I was dreading that the laser surgery hadn’t worked and there was a lot of scarring on my eyes and my retina has now torn I can no longer have anymore laser treatment as it will not work and could make my eyes worse, they are looking to repair the retina but these bleeds can happen for the next 20 years and am at high risk of going blind.
The moral of the story is please take care of yourself and any problems get seen.
It’s not that I didn’t take care of myself I did was just I suffer with dawn effect have tried many different insulin’s and am now on a pump which is working well but the damage has already been done
If there any advice or support or light at the end of the tunnel excuse the pun or anyone going through this I would like some feedback thank you
P.S. sorry for the long post

Dark Horse

I'm very sorry to hear your news, you must be very disappointed. Hopefully, you will maintain your current level of vision. It would be easy to spend the next 20 years worrying about whether you will lose your sight. However, it would be more useful to spend some time researching into the various aids available for people with sight-loss and think about how they might be used IF you lose your sight. It may not seem like it, but you're probably in a better position than people who lose their sight overnight. A good place to start is https://www.rnib.org.uk/