What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...I've got so lazy the last or so week forcing myself to get more active & involved here so far tackled the kitchen that's all...determined to work way upstairs later to the mayhem of the bedrooms Bathroom & study...well at least that's my intention we'll see how far I get after another coffee...so enjoyed the first one the sun is brilliant this morning beasties fed & out annoying poor 'Plumpy' about to fish him out another massive dental chew treat...woke to a 5.9

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, been a strange week last week. Felt ill for 2 days, then ok for a few days then back being ill, can't really explain what's going on but its put my numbers through the roof. Doomy is loving it at the minute as I'm regularly in the high teens and even in the 20's. Doing adjustments every 2hrs but still running high, but have no ketones (or at least that's what my special meter says). anyway onto better news, I have managed to secure myself some weights and a bar and bench so I can resume training in some form this week! Hopefully the World and European Championships go ahead and we get back to "normal"

Take care and stay safe everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, been a strange week last week. Felt ill for 2 days, then ok for a few days then back being ill, can't really explain what's going on but its put my numbers through the roof. Doomy is loving it at the minute as I'm regularly in the high teens and even in the 20's. Doing adjustments every 2hrs but still running high, but have no ketones (or at least that's what my special meter says). anyway onto better news, I have managed to secure myself some weights and a bar and bench so I can resume training in some form this week! Hopefully the World and European Championships go ahead and we get back to "normal"

May seem odd to give a winner for the first part of that post but the ending deserves a winner. Take care.

Reactions: jjraak and johnpol

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
His Lordship is enjoying himself.
The sun is out but it is a little windy, hence the blanket on top of the cage to stop the wind blowing through.

He is listening to and watching the birds...

58C25FD8-7A4C-4D33-8661-982482B85D25.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Winner for the procurement of weights and stuff. I use resistance bands with a door bung, a couple of kettlebells and, importantly, a reclining sofa.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doomy is loving it at the minute as I'm regularly in the high teens and even in the 20's. Doing adjustments every 2hrs but still running high, but have no ketones (or at least that's what my special meter says)
John we're more than just numbers so whatever FBG you got is what it is...often with outside influences stress worry pain or even for no apparent we know those numbers can rise inexplicably...you still test & try your hardest to manage your T2 so I'm giving this post a winner without any reservation...give my best to Trixie & Sid any chance of a quick photo...poor old 'Plumpy' is on lock down next door just had a chat with him through the gate & gave him his treats over the fence...Charlie & Lola have a habit of staring him down underneath the gate little so an so's...keep well as long as you're doing the best you can that's all you can do

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He is listening to and watching the birds...
He has that 'bad boy' look on his visage gennepher...I have to confess I reread your post from yesterday & the picture it made me laugh...one of my Spike Milligan favourites ...Once there was a crocodile croc croc crocodile:D:D:D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He has that 'bad boy' look on his visage gennepher...I have to confess I reread your post from yesterday & the picture it made me laugh...one of my Spike Milligan favourites ...Once there was a crocodile croc croc crocodile:D:D:D

He does have that slight bad boy look. I agree... and he is doing the mesmerising hypnotic stare to fool me into unlocking the cage..

I unlocked it yesterday, and he promised he would walk alongside me into the potting shed, without the need for harness and lead. So I accepted his promise. To be on the safe side I had nothing in either hand. And he is looking at me adoringly as we walk together. We had just got to the potting shed when his body tensed, ready for him to jump over the wall. He jumped, I grabbed him.

I am not falling for that promise today. It is harness on if he wants more time in the garden today...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning, Survivors Club.
Welcome to the first week of the rest of our lives.

Life, school, work, death. relationships, ageing, flu's, colds, did i mention relationships :banghead:, Diabetes, Covid.....

SO....is THAT your Best shot, OH Mighty Universe.....
m1211.gif

With the Gloria Estaphans 'the rhythm is gonna get ya" rolling round my head,
"the covids gonna get ya..no way" is the new chorus..2nd chorus switches for " T2, gonna get ya.." (you get the drift ;))

After a rocky few days things seem to have settled here for us..

24/7 in close proximity, never works perfectly on holiday,
so who were we kidding it would EVER work here...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

but we did much better then either of us really expected deep down, i suspect,
so hugs & pats on the back, a little make up cuddle, a good team talk over, and we're good to go for another while.
Onwards we roll..:)

A New day..A New week

So a quick check on the data.
(Finding the honor tracker to be a real worthy buy , most useful)

FBG 6.5
Temp 36.2
weight, down slightly on the weeks, but up overall since chrimbo
201lbs.

little interest in training, exercise or anything really :rolleyes:, so not too surprised.

sleep unsurprisingly as well is bang on point, broken sometimes but 8 hours solid most days

and aka @HarryBeau , i took slipped in to a more easy, less frenetic lifestyle
so i gave myself a good talking to,
and said self is contemplating:

a return to the exercising at home,
maybe a short cycle ride
and a little run out on the scooter,
essential journey only of course, IF it starts up after being unloved for so long..:arghh:

so to recap.

Is that your best Oh Mighty Universe...:hilarious:

To infinity and beyond, is the ambition,:D
but in reality, the end of road and then maybe a little more, might be a more reasonable target,:bag:

baby steps, JJ ..baby steps..

Live long, all.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

ah @johnpol , another here with a hug for the readings, but posting a win for the attitude and the weights.
for one like yourself that must a big part of the picture.

best wishes for the coming days and a fervent hope that for you, as for many, the more 'normal' parts of life return, asap

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered a Libre starter pack. I know some folk on here use one so I am seeking some dummies/insiders tips cum wish I had known from the get go type advice. As simple as you like please (either arm better? do I cover it? whatever you learned and wish you had been told please) and a PM will do rather than clog up this thread. TIA.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sidekick Sid from his modelling days!! @HarryBeau this ones for you!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572366923846 (002).jpg
    FB_IMG_1572366923846 (002).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 193

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Not normally so high but didn't sleep very well last night.
Hug is for the sleep problem. Readings is readings but sleep is important. Fortunately, rumour has it - other Adele songs are available - you could only have honed such beauty with years of quality sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning. Not normally so high but didn't sleep very well last night.
I wouldn't worry about your FBG Rhyia obviously influenced by your restless night a 6.1 is not a disaster give yourself a break.

Reactions: geefull

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

hugs for the numbers johnpol i really hate the higher numbers (teens and above)probably the illness you are experiencing adding to the high numbers have you checked your insulin sometimes mine doesnt seem to work so i change both basal/bolus vials that seems to help hope you feel better soon and numbers come down quick type1 is a nightmare sometimes its neverending take care xx

Reactions: ianpspurs