What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's been an odd sort of day, good, bad, indifferent. Done lots of recording and dubbing other parts over so Mrs MC and I sound like a group instead of just two of us. Takes ages mind as we have to take it in turns wearing the headphones to listen to what we have recorded whilst playing the next instrument or singing over the top. Final result, just about acceptable, but fun.

So no big painting today, still on tree and light, did a watercolour sketch again, similar to one I have done many times before over the years but never yet made a proper painting off, maybe I should now. I will make a proper start on my Last Light of the day series on Wednesday. So here is my sketch I must have at least a dozen like this in my sketch books.

View attachment 41098
Perfect @Muddy Cyclist for wandering down on a bright sunny day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher a lovely windy sky you've given us today.

today's art catch up
trying a different type of tree ;) (on the trail of the lonesome pine :hilarious:)
upload_2020-5-5_20-55-31-jpeg.41097
Thank you @geefull for the compliment.

I like the trail of the lonesome pine very much!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was rather good. AND amazinglystill the same amount left, have eaten choolate and drunk wine, left the bread for tomorrow
That was definitely a good meal @SlimLizzy !

I don't have an oven but I have an electric brownie maker I have never used. I am thinking of sort of making scones with ground almonds and sultanas, and seeing how they might cook in there. Next rainy day we have...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.8 this cold and frosty morning.

Good job we covered our small produce area in the garden. Still sun is shinning and the warmth can already be felt in its rays.

Big weekly social highlight for me today Tesco OAP hour 9am, more time spent with some rude pensioners. :banghead: In all fairness most are respectful it's just that rebellious few who spoil it. Then an hour putting it away after its bacterial zap, include me showered and clothes washed that's the Morning taken care of.

Take what you can from your day and give something back.
Take care @Muddy Cyclist
It is an exhausting morning with everything it entails.

And all the best for MIL

Reactions: Ryhia and HarryBeau

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning, the sun is shining and I have to build a play area for the grandkids. I had some forbidden fruit (Turkish Delight) last night so I'm not sure why my bloods are low. Hey ho! :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a beautiful sunny morning doors opened beasts outside after their breakfast...the news headlines the 'disgraced' scientist who has resigned for breaking the lock down after his married lover came to his house little about the highest death toll in Europe & no word about Boris's absence from yet another PMQT... although lucky Laura Kuennsberg spotted him in St James park with a take away coffee you couldn't make this up...bed at 02:30 not up until 08:00 had a reasonable sleep...woke to a 6.2

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the cyanic azure, Somewhere 'cross the desert. Sometime in the early hours. In a restless world. On the open highway (but mindful of social distancing) in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of chicken soup followed by a big slice of home made low carb stracciatella cake zoomed in at a flat 5.0 this am.

As it’s international bin day today, I did venture quietly out to the very perimeter of our holding, pushing General Bin-Waste Bin in front for protection. Today’s list of things that might come to pass are; sit in the garden, eat more cake, make veg planters out of 2.272 litre milk cartons, eat more cake, finish my current book (The Algebraist by Iain M Banks), ponder over the next book. I shall have the jellyvision on mute at 1700 to see what members of the daily Punch and Judy show are presented and then turn the jellyvision off after the graphs. The last thing I need is the pointless squawkings of quite tall children in a badly scripted school play about journalism with repetitive lines banging on about the latest rumours dragged from the internet.

On that note, have as wonderful a day as you can, I hear the cry of the koffy pot.

Reactions: HarryBeau

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a sunny and peaceful North East (unless you can ignore the Motocross bikes and off road vehicles in the farmers fields, don't ask) well my general unwellness is now getting a bit tiresome, numbers are now on an official rollercoaster and Doomy is loving it! 7 yesterday morning 27 before I tried to go to bed! 4.1 this morning and god knows what it will be later on! Ah the vagaries' of Type 1 eh, who'd want it, no really, someone take it just for a bit, then when it settles down I'll have it back. Anyhoo I've stopped watching the news, or as I call it "The internet rumour mill given voice on the TV" had enough of the inane questions like "Do you regret bringing the Nightingale Hospitals online and not using them" and don't get me started on the "relaxing of the Lockdown" questions, sorry I got carried away, I'm waiting on the delivery of a Bench to go with my weights delivery then I can get lost into training again. training is my escape from all this madness. And on to some good news for me, my greatest friend and Coach Alan Turner, is finally winning his fight with Covid 19 he's been in an induced coma, ventilated, for 4 weeks and has been brought around and then taken to a ward. Considering it's been touch and go, and he's had Kidney failure, to receive the news yesterday that he's facetimed his family and actually spoken to them, well I don't mind saying I was a bit emotional.
anyway enough of my ramblings as its International Hump day (Wednesday I think) have a good one and more importantly take care and stay safe. here's a picture of the Twits Sid and Trix to warm your hearts

Stay Safe everyone.

Attachments

• Sid an Trix.jpeg
    Sid an Trix.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 92

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My pastel painting for today.

No clouds in the sky today, just a clear blue sky and sun. It feels frosty out there.
So I did this sunrise with a hint of frost on the ground, and smoke coming out of the farmhouse chimney, because Grandma is cooking eggs and bacon and all the rest of the full English breakfast.

Here is painting...
View attachment 41106

And I just cooked bacon and eggs, and his Lordship has just had some bacon...
View attachment 41108
What a lovely painting. Our dogs love sharing our bacon and eggs breakfast also.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a sunny and peaceful North East (unless you can ignore the Motocross bikes and off road vehicles in the farmers fields, don't ask) well my general unwellness is now getting a bit tiresome, numbers are now on an official rollercoaster and Doomy is loving it! 7 yesterday morning 27 before I tried to go to bed! 4.1 this morning and god knows what it will be later on! Ah the vagaries' of Type 1 eh, who'd want it, no really, someone take it just for a bit, then when it settles down I'll have it back. Anyhoo I've stopped watching the news, or as I call it "The internet rumour mill given voice on the TV" had enough of the inane questions like "Do you regret bringing the Nightingale Hospitals online and not using them" and don't get me started on the "relaxing of the Lockdown" questions, sorry I got carried away, I'm waiting on the delivery of a Bench to go with my weights delivery then I can get lost into training again. training is my escape from all this madness. And on to some good news for me, my greatest friend and Coach Alan Turner, is finally winning his fight with Covid 19 he's been in an induced coma, ventilated, for 4 weeks and has been brought around and then taken to a ward. Considering it's been touch and go, and he's had Kidney failure, to receive the news yesterday that he's facetimed his family and actually spoken to them, well I don't mind saying I was a bit emotional.
anyway enough of my ramblings as its International Hump day (Wednesday I think) have a good one and more importantly take care and stay safe. here's a picture of the Twits Sid and Trix to warm your hearts

Stay Safe everyone.
Rollercoaster day yesterday then @johnpol with quite the best news of your friend and delivery of the bench to bring joy/relief/hope. Take the very best care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And on to some good news for me, my greatest friend and Coach Alan Turner, is finally winning his fight with Covid 19 he's been in an induced coma, ventilated, for 4 weeks and has been brought around and then taken to a ward
Really good news - especially as he has been so desperately ill.

Reactions: johnpol

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 this morning inspired by all the art work on here Judith decided to have a go got herself an art set and trying to teach herself to draw.

This is one of her first efforts. She is a bit iffy about it I think it's quite good.

bird3.jpg

Reactions: johnpol

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Stay Safe everyone.
Hugs for you @johnpol
For you, and for your friend who is winning his fight against Covid19
Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning inspired by all the art work on here Judith decided to have a go got herself an art set and trying to teach herself to draw.

This is one of her first efforts. She is a bit iffy about it I think it's quite good.

View attachment 41110
That is brilliant @JohnEGreen . Tell Judith so!
I look forward to more :)