What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really pleased with 5.3 this morning. Kept to 20g while having lovely food yesterday.

Dog walk done. Leisurely reading then work on the computer. I won't write about the two hours I wasted yesterday because of the extra layer of security my credit card company had recently added to their website decided to lock me out of my account.

Apparently, the company only discovered the blip once they rolled out the new measures.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just out of interest our dog Moet needs his yearly inoculations so phoned vet who informed us they can't fit us in until June. We were concerned as we have missed the date before and had to have a complete new start involving three vet visits which is much more expensive than the one annual boost. We were informed the Vet College have said there is no problem up to 15 months after the date inoculation was due and Kennels will accept certificates up to 15 months after the date on last certificate. Complicated but stay with me.

So 12months (length of time between inoculation) + 15 months acceptable time after the due boost inoculation = 27 months. So as vets are saying your dog is safe and vet college is not concerned about dogs getting flu, kennel cough and such Over 27 months why do we normally have to have our dog boosted every year and not every two years, also in the past why have we paid a heavier price when we have gone over the 12 months by more than a month?

I fear money has been driving the 12 month booster and will continue to do so once we are in the new normal.

Sorry rant over.
Very interesting question. Very puzzling as to why that is suddenly OK

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I just went to the front to get my wheelie back in, and saw this flag from a lamp post.

IMG_07052020_094439_(1125_x_1500_pixel).jpg

And then a neighbour called me over. Apparently their cat had gone missing for a few days and could I check my garage.

So, I opened garage side door, and out shot their cat.

I went back out to the front and called over the road to their house to tell them. They came out of their kitchen, faces beaming. And their cat was now stuffing it's face.

All's well this beautiful sunny morning!

Reactions: alf_Josiah

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just left our Jim a message in my best cockney French...he'll never guess it's me;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy love your wild area, lovely space to be in.

@ianpspurs I think most people from your neck of the woods like flat, I worked with a guy from Scratby and another from Cambridge and both hated Wales, The Lakes and Scotland, one of them who sadly passed away at 60 had never even visited these places. Me the wilder the better even though I do enjoy visiting manicured gardens. Visited Vicarage Garden when in Norfolk last year, enjoyed the mix of formal and manicured Wild achieved there, but normally give me natural chaos every time.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update from MILs care home, one resident died with C19 but that may have not been the cause of death. Still waiting results of MILs third test.

Alarmingly no MP so far responded to any of the 65 families who sent emails to the MP in the area of the home and their own MPs, probably because they don't want to commit or have no answers but does not do anything for politicians credence.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy love your wild area, lovely space to be in.

@ianpspurs I think most people from your neck of the woods like flat, I worked with a guy from Scratby and another from Cambridge and both hated Wales, The Lakes and Scotland, one of them who sadly passed away at 60 had never even visited these places. Me the wilder the better even though I do enjoy visiting manicured gardens. Visited Vicarage Garden when in Norfolk last year, enjoyed the mix of formal and manicured Wild achieved there, but normally give me natural chaos every time.
Glad to know I'm not that much of an outlier. Julie loves North Wales as her dad came from there. I liked the Highlands more than Wales. My happy places are the Cambridge Colleges' sports grounds, beautifully manicured cricket grounds in general and the Bastide towns of the Perigord Noir. Dulwich used to have a stretch of immaculate grounds. Hug for the worry caused by MPs being so busy shielding their leader they can't shield MIL or Key workers.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 this morning. Three more boxes of supplies left out side my front door this morning we shifted one of them to the front door of a lady a few doors down from us who is having a bit of a tough time.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today is running away with me...
I think with seeing that flag in my road, I photographed earlier, I decided to get out my collection of old postcards.
I have loads.
Some with continuity between the same her, Flo in this case, and same him, Harold in this case.
The dates on the stamps are both July 1918.

You wonder what happened to them...

From her to him...
97624829-C50B-4CB1-9103-E22BA26A7EBC.jpeg

From him to her...
DE6982BD-6D1E-4061-AB30-C18D6DCCD69D.jpeg

Now off to do my daily painting.
Written 6 snail mail letters this morning.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Afternoon all, numbers are still up and down, I now have a "funny" feeling when I go over 18, it's definitely more entertaining at the moment this diabetes lark! It's so enjoyable that everyone will want it!! Bank Holiday weekend and I have a weekend full of drinking, painting and wandering the streets!! Well actually I'm just painting, so nothing new!! Hopefully I'll get a handle on what's going on, I'm testing nearly every 2hrs and adjusting as I go. Made a decision that if its around 10 will monitor but if I start to feel "funny" I will do insulin injection, I'm running temp basals on my pump at the moment to see what happens.
Take care everyone and stay safe. And enjoy the weekend
IMG_20200502_142836.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is running away with me...
I think with seeing that flag in my road, I photographed earlier, I decided to get out my collection of old postcards.
I have loads.
Some with continuity between the same her, Flo in this case, and same him, Harold in this case.
The dates on the stamps are both July 1918.

You wonder what happened to them...

From her to him...
View attachment 41144

From him to her...
View attachment 41145

Now off to do my daily painting.
Written 6 snail mail letters this morning.
I have old Christmas cards from early 1900s and old Christmas Card Post Cards, lovely art work, we put them out each Christmas. Many mention work I. Service at big houses, quite historical. Like these postcards of yours.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all, numbers are still up and down, I now have a "funny" feeling when I go over 18, it's definitely more entertaining at the moment this diabetes lark! It's so enjoyable that everyone will want it!! Bank Holiday weekend and I have a weekend full of drinking, painting and wandering the streets!! Well actually I'm just painting, so nothing new!! Hopefully I'll get a handle on what's going on, I'm testing nearly every 2hrs and adjusting as I go. Made a decision that if its around 10 will monitor but if I start to feel "funny" I will do insulin injection, I'm running temp basals on my pump at the moment to see what happens.
Take care everyone and stay safe. And enjoy the weekend View attachment 41146
Winner for attitude, hug for your mystifying BG.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are beautiful aren't they? So many forgotten stories...
Not many of us get to leave a lasting mark on this world. For many of us all that remains is stories and in three generations much of those are lost. I'm certain E cards and emails will not have much input into history,

We have had family story telling around the content of some of these cards with their beautiful handwriting, granddaughters get very involved, eldest 9 said "Grandad we are keeping this very ancient persons memory alive, I wonder what she was really like."

Equally she can't conceive that I have spoken with people who lived in Queen Victoria's time or who fought in the First World War.

Reactions: geefull and Ryhia

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not many of us get to leave a lasting mark on this world. For many of us all that remains is stories and in three generations much of those are lost. I'm certain E cards and emails will not have much input into history,

We have had family story telling around the content of some of these cards with their beautiful handwriting, granddaughters get very involved, eldest 9 said "Grandad we are keeping this very ancient persons memory alive, I wonder what she was really like."

Equally she can't conceive that I have spoken with people who lived in Queen Victoria's time or who fought in the First World War.

This is one of the reasons I have put family stories on Ancestry for any of the family to access. These stories go back to just before 1850. My children were never that interested. I sent my grandchildren some stuff on this, a précis with a link where to find the full stories. But we all live a distance, and their attention span is not long enough for Skype and I cannot hear what they say.

I didn't want the stories to die in the way that J always said he had to time to write his wealth of stories, they were unbelievable (he was 20 years older than I), but he never wrote them down.

I have an idea developing on this...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update from MILs care home, one resident died with C19 but that may have not been the cause of death. Still waiting results of MILs third test.

Alarmingly no MP so far responded to any of the 65 families who sent emails to the MP in the area of the home and their own MPs, probably because they don't want to commit or have no answers but does not do anything for politicians credence.

Utter Disgrace.

So Sorry you have all this worry.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take care everyone and stay safe. And enjoy the weekend View attachment 41146

haha is that your Tik-Tok remake of sleeping beauty....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

aw love em.

sorry to see the roller coaster is still on going.

NOT the same thing, but i wonder if something similar might be ongoing.

My mum, god rest her, would get a water infection, no other signs or discomfort
but she did get a lot more irrational,

once the infection got treated she returned to ( as near ) normal as before.
i doubt without a blood test, you could really check,
but have you for instances taken your temperature at different times of the day,
maybe measured your breathing , pulse etc...

might just Point you to being out of sorts otherwise, besides the T1,

and if you kept it up, you'd have a normal days base line, and might get early signs the 'bug' was working it's way out...before the BG's level back down ?

i may be so far off, it's not even worth doing,

either way best wishes it all settles down soonest.
just an idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnpol