Mentally draining

Zazzy1972

My wife does not understand. My diabetes, I have serious mental health problems as well I am tired all the time she just thinks I’m lazy and attention seeking. This is going to drive me to suicide I think I just have no where to turn I’m desperate

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't comment on mental health as I have no experience. I do have a serious medical condition as well as diabetes, fortunately I have a supportive hubby. This is a great place to come for a chat, have a rant as well as learning about diabetes. Welcome.

MarkHaZ123

My wife does not understand. My diabetes, I have serious mental health problems as well I am tired all the time she just thinks I’m lazy and attention seeking. This is going to drive me to suicide I think I just have no where to turn I’m desperate
Have you anyone else close to you that you can talk to?
You might have to sit down and really talk to her and tell her how you feel.
Other than that I'd say speak to a doctor and get help as it will only get worse

Iv had depression and anxiety problems in the past and it's made me do daft stuff I'm not happy with but there's no point dwelling on them now as they are in the past

Not wanting to do anything is a major issue when not feeling well, it makes you worse when others tell you to get on with it etc. I found going to the gym really helped and when I suffered my second episode which was anxiety more than depression I learnt cbt and worked out what my issues were and when they affect me more, this helped me deal with it and I learnt a trade to get out of the job which I really hated

There is always a solution other than suicide, that option should just not be taken at all so please go and get help, talk to someone as it does help