What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@a
Good morning everyone from a day full of the promise of some ramped up rasta celsius in the dark and dangerous north

Thank you posting this. love this song. Beautiful photos too, used to go regularly to the Lake District. Description of weather though. Brrrrr.

as to song content, facebook recently reminded me : this post from a year ago..."one of the happiest days of my life" - have no idea what happend that day...

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those awake at 6:45am.

Well folks, stay well, stay home and for many hugs where required.
Now a controversial statement " long live the lockdown " I am now running for cover hehehehe.
Gave you an agree for this Am not happy with the coming changes. Prefer lockdown .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. A (hay fever affected?) 5.5 on the Tee 2 (5.6 from the Libre) neither of which please me much but no surprise there. @gennepher congratulations on that fbg. @Muddy Cyclist I hope the bacon sandwich is as good as you are hoping. The bread is very soft so needs cutting carefully, we use(d) a machine and I can sometimes detect an apricot taste but a BLT would hide that nicely (Pastrami and tomato works well). So much to remember/commemorate today. Julian of Norwich, VE Day, 7 years since both my parents died. Stay well. stay safe make all the bunting you want but Don't Quit http://www.yourdailypoem.com/listpoem.jsp?poem_id=1820
Thank you @ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope the bacon sandwich is as good as you are hoping. The bread is very soft so needs cutting carefully,
I like the taste and texture of the loaf, crust needed a bit more chewing than that on most 'bread' but that just made it all last longer. A success, most enjoyable, will be making more, thank you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher My father produced a small booklet, which is somewhere in the boxes, containing many of his mothers stories about her childhood. There are even a few photos. Sadly, the more modern version, a taped interview, of my mothers mother, has been lost. It was made for a school project by my children. My Nana was then a hundred years old, and confused about some things, including her age. The final question was "How old are you?"
Nana: "I'm so old I've forgotten"
Child: "You're one hundred years old"
Nana: "Nah, I'm not THAT old !"

Typing this I can hear her voice again. Thirtyodd years later.

That is lovely.
Beautiful memories @SlimLizzy

I think memories on paper have the potential to last longer, because technology changes anyhow and the way to access it.

I have some sepia ink and some old dip pens and nibs, but I don't know if I have the dexterity to be able to hold it and do what I would like to do, as memories from the past. And stories I know of.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now a controversial statement " long live the lockdown " I am now running for cover hehehehe.
Here, here!
Yesterday I spoke to three friends two of them in their 50s and all voiced the same opinion even going as far to say they have found lockdown enjoyable and are rethinking their lives for the future when back at work by making weekends more relaxed, stopping and taking time for family and themselves.
Equally I do have two other friends who still think it's all an unnecessary nonsense, in their opinion scientists, governments and WHO all have got it wrong, and we just need to get back to life as it was, no hope when there are supposedly sensible people out there who still think this way, worrying.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from wisps of Cirrus and a promise of the azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower ‘steaks’ and Spanakopita Melts came in at a reasoned 4.7 this am.

Lots of things already on the TO DONE list but I do need to put two coats of Danish Oil on the side table that I stripped down during the past couple of days.
Lot’s to think about today and lot’s to celebrate also. A video chat catchup cum food fest and bunting banter this afternoon. Poem of the day, Don’t Quit, thank you @ianpspurs. Lockdown - I’m still in that game.

A parcel arrived yesterday, a nice bottle of scotch with a couple of mixers from my pal Donald.

Have as wonderful a day as you can make it. Koffy, as always, beckons.

upload_2020-5-8_8-6-11.png
View attachment 41169

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 5.4
At 5am

Temp 36

Watching the dawn.
A bit of pink.
Clear blue skies again.
Where have all the clouds gone?

The nasty tom cat is obviously not risking my wrath this morning. And the blackbirds are freely going to and from their nest.

The police are out in full force here to check people are only doing essential journeys. All because this, where I live, is the border between England and Wales. And apparently will be issuing fines according the Flintshire gov alerts I had last night.

Right, a cuppa.

Then out to do my pastel painting...
Really low fbs this morning. So pleased the nasty tom cat is leaving the blackbirds in peace. You are obviously very scary.

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from wisps of Cirrus and a promise of the azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower ‘steaks’ and Spanakopita Melts came in at a reasoned 4.7 this am.

Lots of things already on the TO DONE list but I do need to put two coats of Danish Oil on the side table that I stripped down during the past couple of days.
Lot’s to think about today and lot’s to celebrate also. A video chat catchup cum food fest and bunting banter this afternoon. Poem of the day, Don’t Quit, thank you @ianpspurs. Lockdown - I’m still in that game.

A parcel arrived yesterday, a nice bottle of scotch with a couple of mixers from my pal Donald.

Have as wonderful a day as you can make it. Koffy, as always, beckons.

View attachment 41170View attachment 41169
Whisky looks good so do enjoy - at your leisure. Glad you liked the poem. Thanks due to Ben Rothlisberger's College Coach https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...-late-college-coachs-favorite-poem-124986173/ . I do love me some America's Game whilst grinding out the metres/yards on the exercise bike.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 today on this the 75th anniversary of the victory in Europe.

VE day do we commemorate those who didn't make it to see the end of the war or celebrate those who survived the war and where able to celebrate the end of the war in Europe or spare a thought for those like Judith's uncle Fred who on that day 75 years ago was still held prisoner by the Japanese or maybe all of the above.