FB_IMG_1588935684891.jpg

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Good morning all, the sun is shining and it's going to be another sunny, hot day.
No real VE day 75th anniversary celebrations, but remembering all the brave people and what they went through in WW11.
On a happier note, my mum and dad and their families would of been celebrating, but also getting everything ready for their marriage, 4 days later on the 12th May 1945 <3
View attachment 41171 XX

Lovely picture and HAPPY MEMORIES
KEEP WELL RRB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, they’re gorgeous Antje, you must be over the moon! I counted 11 in one of the pics, what’s the real number? Have you got a cockerel or did she borrow one from one of your neighbours? They’re a lovely dark velvety colour. I hope the majority of them are hens and you get lots of eggs in the future to eat, sell or barter or give away.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, they’re gorgeous Antje, you must be over the moon! I counted 11 in one of the pics, what’s the real number? Have you got a cockerel or did she borrow one from one of your neighbours? They’re a lovely dark velvety colour. I hope the majority of them are hens and you get lots of eggs in the future to eat, sell or barter or give away.
Yes, I have a cockerel, a black one :) . I love hearing his sound! You counted right, there are 11. Almost went down to 10 or 9, one of the cats had a near miss and another one got badly tangled in some netting that was laying about and I had a hard time freeing it without it's tiny wings getting hurt.

I have been searching for the nest because I have enough chickens as it is (I have 6, and I'm not a big egg eater so it's hard work giving all the eggs away before they get old) and I'm not looking forward to the males getting old enough to act like ********. They'll likely be getting a nice hot herbal bath when the time comes, as no-one wants cockerels. Fine from a moral point of view, I'm not a vegetarian and they will be happy free-range meat by then, but I still don't like it.

But all that aside, I couldn't help it as I couldn't find the nest, and yes, I'm very much over the moon with them! Smittenly in love!
It was high time for a bit of animal luck too, I've been having a hard time with my guinea pigs and one of the kittens in the last months, and my old dog dying at the end of last year has hit me bad as well. So very much celebrating this new life now!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy Springtime Antje!
Maybe there’s someone who’d welcome a hen or two if you end up with more than you want, cats and other dangers willing. If the doomsayers are right and we’re heading for a recession, then you’d be able to give, or sell, someone a bit of help and chicken love.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Springtime Antje!
Maybe there’s someone who’d welcome a hen or two if you end up with more than you want, cats and other dangers willing. If the doomsayers are right and we’re heading for a recession, then you’d be able to give, or sell, someone a bit of help and chicken love.
My hens are not for sale, but I'll happily give them away :)
They'll find nice new homes when they've grown big and independent, and will provide fresh eggs in their new dwellings. But for now, they're the most wonderful tiny chickens in the world, and they're mine (and their mother's) until the time has come to move to their new homes :)

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, good morning adorable little black chirping chicks.
How will we cope when the weather changes; I’ve become so happy expecting to see the sun as soon as I draw the curtains.
I need to exercise a tough bit of geometrical puzzling today as husband managed to get a delivery slot that arrives his evening. Available slots are such a matter of chance that he went slightly overboard, and now there’s food coming that’ll need to be fitted into an already overcrowded freezer.
I don’t really want to spend this lovely day cooking stuff that’ll sit in the also overcrowded fridge for us to eat during next week, but maybe I’ll be doing just that. Decisions ahead.
Lovely neighbour did some shopping for us on Thursday, the milk to last until Tuesday was delivered this morning and the veg basket’s full. And to think that when lockdown started I envisaged us eating out of the few tins on the shelves and eking out the contents of the freezer for the next few months.
I’m not moaning! There’s nothing wrong with having enough food to give our lovely neighbour a break, quite the opposite: we’re very very lucky!
I’m just wondering if my jigsaw skills are up to it, it’s a very small freezer, and it’s not a big fridge. Yes, we’re very very lucky to have more than enough.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been for a walk on this glorious morning, already getting pretty warm here. Bgs good, nothing to report really. Hope you all have a good day whatever you're doing, and stay safe.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol @Fairygodmother Sounds so much like us. We had filled our freezer full thinking we would not be leaving our house for weeks And then we got sent 2 large boxes of muffins and bread from a friend and we had to rearrange everything just so to get it all in. My husband absolutely adored his corn muffin a day though! I'm not complaining either, it's a blessing that I had that issue, but it was like a jigsaw!!!!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The peas are poking up in the veg bed, happy day. I’ve just rigged up a decidedly backwoods support for them with old canes and ancient netting - they’re climbing mangetout - and feeling a bit too proud of myself. It’s hot out there; the toms, squash and courgette taken out of the greenhouse to harden off are asking why I bothered.
There’s a daft WhatsApp exchange going on with lovely neighbour about what to do with all the bread the milkperson’s delivered. Husband’s won - retile the shower with it and breakfast while you cleanse. I think he was only half joking. If we were only slightly batty before UK Lockdown Lite, we’ll have rung the bell at the top of the scale by the time it’s lifted for we oldies.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, Fridge Tetris... Saturday morning game of champions. I've done my ten minutes of the game as a destressing, calming activity. I will not return to Most Convenient supermarket first thing on a Saturday until we revert to its usual opening time of 6.00 a.m.. rather than the current 8.00 a.m. That was hideous. Trouble is, if I go later, most of what I want isn't on the shelves despite all the claims to the contrary being broadcasted across the system today.

My single pint of milk has returned to the shelves after a two months absence though! Hooray!

Viewing life from a different angle today - changed the sitting room around. It's enough to help soften the generously shared music on very sunny days and also better for avoiding glare on the computer screen earlier in the day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, another enjoyable day in the sunshine, but before I went out for a walk I realised my bank card was missing. So I walked over to Morrisons as I used the card in the store yesterday and they found it, so a big sigh of relief from me :)
Weather will change tomorrow, it's supposed to be colder. Roast chicken for dinner tomorrow and making daughter an apple crumble.
Take care and stay safe.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening, I've spent a couple of days on the step ladders, well no, I've not slept up there or anything but a good 9 hours over 2 days scraping the remaining Artex snots off the ceiling and it's been quite a task but it's ready for filler :p, and today when I'd done cycled 16.7 miles in 1 hour 28 minutes mostly off road and track and a back street cut through the town centre, which was fun, faster and a lot easier than 6 weeks ago :)

Tea's chicken madras, keema naanbread and saag bhaji from the local Indian, 5u before, 3.5u after 90 mins and another couple of u for supper :)

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1