2019/20 Football season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly he passed away the other day :( RIP Norman. Gone but not forgotten. A true legend.
I haven't seen that anywhere? All I can find is the report 5 days ago that he has been admitted to hospital with COVID19 and that his father has died of it.

Reactions: Johnboy412

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So Norman Hunter is still alive but seriously ill. So hope he makes it.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So Norman Hunter is still alive but seriously ill. So hope he makes it.

That's very strange how the news said he was dead. Maybe it was his father then that died from Corona? Oh well I hope Normal Junior gets well soon

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Norman Hunter, the Leeds United legend, has died after a brave fight with coronavirus.

The 76-year-old, who played 726 games in 15 years at Elland Road, was admitted to hospital with Covid-19 earlier this month.

RIP Norman :( Gone but no forgotten. A true Legend in his own right.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Norman Hunter, the Leeds United legend, has died after a brave fight with coronavirus.

The 76-year-old, who played 726 games in 15 years at Elland Road, was admitted to hospital with Covid-19 earlier this month.

RIP Norman :( Gone but no forgotten. A true Legend in his own right.
Upsetting news

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Former Huddersfield Town captain Trevor Cherry has passed away aged 72, the club have confirmed.

The versatile Huddersfield-born defender made 188 league appearances for his hometown club between 1965 and 1972 after coming through the youth ranks with the Terriers.

RIP Trevor. A true legend and one of ours. Gone but not forgotten :(

Reactions: Lamont D and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Former Huddersfield Town captain Trevor Cherry has passed away aged 72, the club have confirmed.

The versatile Huddersfield-born defender made 188 league appearances for his hometown club between 1965 and 1972 after coming through the youth ranks with the Terriers.

RIP Trevor. A true legend and one of ours. Gone but not forgotten :(
And of course also one of ours.
My aunt died yesterday too. It was COVID19.

Last edited:

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 2019-20 Premier League season could be cancelled if clubs do not agree to play in neutral venues, says League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.

A vote is set to take place on Monday on proposals for a return to football.

The Premier League has been suspended since 13 March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Bevan says "time isn't on our side and training needs to be in place very soon" for a return by 12 June.

All 20 clubs are committed to playing the 92 remaining fixtures of the 2019-20 season if and when it is safe to do so.

However, Brighton have said they are "not in favour" of using neutral venues because it may affect the "integrity" of the league.

The neutral stadium proposal needs 14 out of the 20 clubs to vote in favour for it to be adopted.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to update the UK's position on lockdown and the plan for easing measures on Sunday.

In all fairness and in the interests of the general public's health and safety the season should be aborted.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm fine mate!
I think at this moment in time, the only games you will see are premiership.
The logistics of holding games safely for all involved never mind supporters is a minefield
There are so many issues in how the games can be played. Especially with social distancing in place. The players can't even train without playing together!

The big question is where they are to play these games?
Promotion, relegation, neutral venue, hotels, travel, getting players back from other countries with travel restrictions?

What if a player, member of staff or anyone else at the training ground, home ground is found to be positive? Do we were PPE?

Too many questions, too much at stake!

Season is over!

Let's start again when it's safe to do so!

Still too many dying!

It's a marathon not a sprint, as they say in football!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watford have followed Brighton and Aston Villa in publicly opposing the use of neutral venues in the Premier League's proposed Project Restart plan.

Hornets chairman and chief executive Scott Duxbury says it would compromise fairness and sporting integrity.

It is understood Premier League clubs are not planning to vote on whether to use neutral venues at a Monday meeting.

The vote looks likely to be held later in May and 14 of the 20 clubs must vote in favour for it to be adopted.

And while three have now made their opposition to the proposal known, it is understood others have similar feelings.

To be honest I think the season should be aborted no if's no but's get it aborted.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Watford have followed Brighton and Aston Villa in publicly opposing the use of neutral venues in the Premier League's proposed Project Restart plan.

Hornets chairman and chief executive Scott Duxbury says it would compromise fairness and sporting integrity.

It is understood Premier League clubs are not planning to vote on whether to use neutral venues at a Monday meeting.

The vote looks likely to be held later in May and 14 of the 20 clubs must vote in favour for it to be adopted.

And while three have now made their opposition to the proposal known, it is understood others have similar feelings.

To be honest I think the season should be aborted no if's no but's get it aborted.

Totally agree.
As usual mate, it's about money and the greed garnered by the television companies and the premiership obligations due to money already paid out.
If you look at the news about ITV and how they are worried about the future of their income due to advertising revenues dropping dramatically since lockdown, if other tv companies aren't worried, it would be surprising.
Football is a massive provider of wealth to both football and television.

Keep safe

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
I think The Premier League will definitely get finished. I suspect that there will be enough clubs voting for the neutral venue thing for that to be passed and then the games will be played behind closed doors, live on TV (via red button too) with 'fake crowd noises'.

It sounds awful doesn't it? But there's too much money at stake for it to be cancelled.

I don't think they really give a **** about the rest of the football leagues so they are at risk of all being cancelled.

MarkHaZ123

I agree it should be over.
I'm a Sunderland fan. I go home and away every game so if they end it now we'd not even be in the top 6 so another season in league 1.

I just feel the season is over and with what had happened it just seems like it's not going to be anytime soon to start at all

I personally don't think any games should be behind closed doors so that unfortunately means waiting till they can have fans in to start the new season

Feels like forever ago when we went to Bristol Rovers Midweek and got beat, it was the day Cheltenham started March 10th

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Our last game was at Bloomfield road, Blackpool, we were in great form, three away wins on the trot and for the first time, no injuries!
Relegation is more than likely, but, depending on how the EFL figure it all out, will we still be in League One?
Loved going to the Stadium of Light, very impressive, it should host premiership games, the super white army still outsung you on a bleak Tuesday night! Especially since we got hammered!

It's all very strange!

No footie!

No work!

No travelling to footie!

I'm really missing it!