Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Creamed a unit off today's basal due to the hypofest in the heat yesterday putting in the "make do & mend" effort of repairing the lower steps clearing what looked like bushes trying to sprout through the lower gravel path & fixing some fencing & kickboards retaining the gravel on the path.

I have two ladders that are looking rather unsightly now against the revamped garden.
So this morning I thought, "hide one!"

The garage seemed a good option for the slightly shorter of the two. I have a fair bit hanging up in the rafters already' some camping gear, a petrol strimmer which in started up in anger relatively easy the other week after laying it up with a purged tank over the winter. Lol, I even found a tin helmet from WWII.?

2020-05-09 20.10.32.jpg

There's just about room to get my wife's car in.. When the tip opens, there really has to be a clear out.
Yep, it's a mess..

So, I opened up the "up & over" front garage door. Just weighing if I could get this ladder in without gashing the roof of my wife's Nissan. Looked at the gap down the near side of the car..

& saw this pair of eyes looking at me....

It was this tortoiseshell cat.
It must have strolled into the garage yesterday out of the heat & got locked up when I packed away yesterday afternoon?

It seemed pretty calm as it strutted back out again.

Last edited:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone. Grey, damp and very cool. In fact during the early hours also had a howling walk. Will make our walk today a little different.
@Robinredbreast it was indeed a lovely time thank you. But like you today’s will be a more warming meal inside unfortunately.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. It’s not howling here @becca59, just overcast. It’s still quite warm, but opened windows let in a less than pleasant aroma, as if the town’s sewage works have protested about all the extra bog roll to be processed. I’d rather be in the middle of a farmyard.
4.9 on waking this morning, after a night of overcorrecting a low caused, I suspect, by too little in the second part of a split bolus for fish and chips (home cooked, delivered by supermarket, sadly, not the proper stuff with the salt and vinegar already splashed on). There was also a 01.30 WhatsApp from a solo-living friend which was just a comment, about nothing very important. Oh well.
I’ve just downloaded Wright’s ‘The End of October’, reading it may be cheerful(?). I’m getting into the spirit of a grey day.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, sorry to see @therower leave. Wonder what Nikki, ScottC and other notables who've left are doing now...

Nothing to report here, bg okay, lovely walk this morning, weather changed in about half an hour from sunny and pleasant due to a breeze to completely overcast, windy and pretty chilly. Getting ready for the coming week....

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another night time hypo, can’t seem to get my overnight basal working for me at the moment. Got an appointment (telephone) with the nurse later this week, bit concerned as my pump funding is up for review, one of the reasons I was given the pump in the first place was to reduce hypos, so doesn’t look good that I’m still having so many. Problem is my HbA1c just before starting the pump was actually amazing because I was pregnant so in super tight control, but only able to achieve that through 6+ injections a day and a very restrictive diet. I would not be able to do that today. But it means every time they compare current results with prepump, they say why is it worse? Should be better...

Apologies for ranting, I’m now on 4.7 so all worked out in the end

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good luck with pump continuation @ArtemisBow! I hope your nurse recognises how hormones, and the difficulty of control while sharing nutrition with a baby, have an impact on us.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Late good morning all. I’ve been awake for some while now but much time has been spent on WhatsApp and surfing twitter after yesterday’s Covid updates. Oh dear. Oh deary deary me! I’m going to continue as before: the only walks will be on very wide paths with woods to escape into if needed.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
PS bloods behaving quite well, even with pizza for supper last night: new sensor, miaomiao rebound, now 6.3 so some things are currently ok.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

StewartH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@urbanracer it’s a conundrum isn’t it. I don’t go out to work, but live a very active life. I am still very active and eating pretty much the same but the night time, first thing hypos are becoming an issue. Have already reduced basal twice over the past 10 days, but must do it again. But if the pattern continues tonight I must reduce it again. All The DP/foot on the floor issues/morning rises have gone in a puff of smoke. Absolutely bonkers!

I totally agree. Had the same thing last week, nothing new in diet, exercise etc. but on Tuesday found myself chasing normal blood sugars by dropping basal dose from 12 to 8 per day! I got fanciful and dreamed of a miraculous cure...but the low sugar trend returned to high sugar by friday so basal is back to normal. It is a puzzle.

StewartH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recieved my latest blood test results in the post this morning.
Really pleased about the HBA1C of 35mmol/mmol. Lowest ever!
Worried about the total cholsterol level of 8.8mmol/l. highest ever!
I have been running high lipids since starting LCHF but have expected it to come down as described as common by Bernstine. Not happening yet it seems

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, late on parade again, busy morning, but delighted that the postman delivered my half unit Lantus pens from Karen today! Thanks so much and where are you? You're normally first or one of the first, so I hope all's ok.

Nothing to report here really apart from the fact that I had to wear my winter coat to walk this morning, it's incredibly cold in that wind which is ferocious. Have a good day all, stay safe - or should I say stay alert? ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, late on parade again, busy morning, but delighted that the postman delivered my half unit Lantus pens from Karen today! Thanks so much and where are you? You're normally first or one of the first, so I hope all's ok.

Nothing to report here really apart from the fact that I had to wear my winter coat to walk this morning, it's incredibly cold in that wind which is ferocious. Have a good day all, stay safe - or should I say stay alert? ;)
Good afternoon everyone thought id posted this morning glad you recieved the pens hh1 and hope they make a difference haven't done much today as hubby is off work so we have had a day of films enjoy whats left of the day everyone

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon, an exciting morning getting the ladders out only for it to start raining :( so back to work didn't last very long, and then I discovered I wasn't as alert as I thought I was as Wednesdays the back to work day :)

Never mind and back up the step ladders filling and sanding 23m^2 of ceiling, day 4 I think tho I've spent so much time up the steps and have lost count, annoyingly had the xDrip alarm every 5 minutes as I rose to 8.7 very slowly but aren't correcting when I'm working off the floor.

I got all excited about driving 20 miles to a local hilly forest for some mountain biking at the weekend but local radio warns me of car parking issues so I'm watching that space with keen interest :) and in the meantime I'm racing against myself using the Strava app and some cycle fitness back.

It's sad to see the Rower go :(

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, it's a sunny but a very blustery day. I have been out walking this morning and then this afternoon after lunch, so just took 3.5 NovoRapid, also, I have put on weight so determined to get rid of it. Currently sitting at 5.0 which is good, just hope it doesn't drop anymore.
Dinner tonight, I might make a chicken curry from yesterdays roast chicken.
Stay safe x