Waffles and blood results

Rottielover

Hi all

Before lockdown and before covid-19 i had a pre diabetic blood test and a week later i was due to see the nurse but got a phone call the night before saying that i would be seeing my Dr as she wanted to talk to me. I went to see her the next day and she told me that my results were normal and am no longer pre diabetic but that i should keep loosing weight and do what is working so i stay away from becoming diabetic again.

I have always struggled with breakfast mainly because i dont eat pork ( im allergic) i dont like eggs ( in the natural state so like scrambled, boiled,fried ect) i only like them in things like pancakes ect and iv never been one for veg in the morning. I also cant have dairy as im lactose intolerant and am not struck on the non dairy alternatives. Since lockdown iv been trying all different keto breakfast recipes like chia seed pudding, keto granola ect. But there was only one that was a winner that i loved and thats keto waffles.

I follow a low carb and keto recipe that uses coconut flour. I add low sugar fruit and i normally put on a dollop of whipping cream or plain yogurt and add some nuts like walnuts.

I like that waffles are a blank canvas and i can create different flavours. I even make keto chocolate waffles on sundays as a treat but i make sure there keto.

My question is is it ok to eat keto waffles everyday? And can i still loose weight even if i eat keto waffles everyday?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I don't have a waffle maker. Would the batter make pancakes in a frying pan?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe it works as pancake batter - but the waffle makers are cheap enough - they have them in the middle of Lidl from time to time and the shapes make extra surface area and they should be crispier because of that.