Trustworthy prescription delivery?

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I just wondered if anyone could recommend a trustworthy NHS prescription delivery? I had a look on Boots online but the two things I'd need (needles and Libre sensor, supply of everything else is fine) they don't seem to have on their online delivery system. When I looked on other sites it seemed to be for private prescriptions and I have a medical exemption certificate but often couldn't find a way of adding this.

I'm aware going to collect prescriptions is permitted travel, and some might say it is over cautious to effectively be shielding when I haven't had the letter, but I'd prefer to stay at home (lucky to have a garden!) if I can and so have started looking for prescription delivery services. There is a local volunteer group who would collect for me but I also want to save their time for the extremely vulnerable. It isn't vital, but an option I'd prefer. I also still have at least a months worth of everything so I'm trying to plan ahead as I realise it might take time to set up.

Any trustworthy UK suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks and hope you're all managing to stay well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Check with you usual pharmacy.
Mine has an announcement on their website that all prescriptions will be delived during Covid - by a wonderful team of v kind volunteers.

Speaking to a friend (different pharmacy), her's system is that some prescriptions will be delivered, but you need to request it. Delivery free and by volunteers.

I think the volunteers are doing a fab, kind, generous job.

Reactions: UK T1

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I
Hi all, I just wondered if anyone could recommend a trustworthy NHS prescription delivery? I had a look on Boots online but the two things I'd need (needles and Libre sensor, supply of everything else is fine) they don't seem to have on their online delivery system. When I looked on other sites it seemed to be for private prescriptions and I have a medical exemption certificate but often couldn't find a way of adding this.

I'm aware going to collect prescriptions is permitted travel, and some might say it is over cautious to effectively be shielding when I haven't had the letter, but I'd prefer to stay at home (lucky to have a garden!) if I can and so have started looking for prescription delivery services. There is a local volunteer group who would collect for me but I also want to save their time for the extremely vulnerable. It isn't vital, but an option I'd prefer. I also still have at least a months worth of everything so I'm trying to plan ahead as I realise it might take time to set up.

Any trustworthy UK suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks and hope you're all managing to stay well.

I use Pharmacy2U. Just register and associate it with your surgery. There is an App and a desktop portal. Had a few deliveries no issues.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Pharmacy2U and they have been fantastic. They will let you know if items are out of stock in advance and delivery is very quick. They reply back to emails within 24 hours if you have any issues

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I use my local independent pharmacy, after the Lloyds branch here told me they couldn't deliver to me when I moved (I'd used the previous branch with some hiccups and just expected to get delivery in the new area, but they had a waiting list). Supplies are delivered within a couple of days, and they have chased the surgery for me when the staff omitted prescription items.

Worth calling them to check? It usually takes a week for my surgery to update their system so online prescriptions go to the new pharmacy.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the suggestions, my usual pharmacy would be Boots, they suggested their online service but only for non fridge items. They also suggested the local volunteer group but it's quite a large rural area and I'd prefer to let them spend their time helping 'more' vulnerable people if you know what I mean? Definitely a back up option though, yes!
My GP has a dispensary but they wouldnt deliver (only to specific villages) and so I wondered about the online alternatives.
Thanks, I'll get looking and calling tomorrow - hope you're all well, thanks for your speedy replies!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My last two repeat prescription have been delivered by my pharmacy have you contacted your pharmacist to check if they are delivering during the pandemonium.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all for your help. My local pharmacy wouldn't deliver and just directed me to the local volunteer group who are working tirelessly doing shopping etc for vulnerable adults so I've tried to give them a rest! Just ordered through Pharmacy2U so thanks for that suggestion, don't need it for a while so happy to wait.
Thanks again!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all for your help. My local pharmacy wouldn't deliver and just directed me to the local volunteer group who are working tirelessly doing shopping etc for vulnerable adults so I've tried to give them a rest! Just ordered through Pharmacy2U so thanks for that suggestion, don't need it for a while so happy to wait.
Thanks again!

I think it is good to order a few weeks in advance because of covid19 :) but if you need anything urgently, they’d be happy to help.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it is good to order a few weeks in advance because of covid19 :) but if you need anything urgently, they’d be happy to help.

Oh definitely agree, the pharmacy was encouraging me to do this in Feb/beginning of March already. It's silly that the libre are a bit more restricted but my GP has let me order a month in advance rather than just the usual 2 weeks which is good. I've also been caught out a bit as they changed my needles from a 100 needle box to 90 needle box which got me out of sync (surprisingly because they're cheaper, I know, can't believe it!) But still easily a month ahead on those too. It's a relief to know about other options now not have to rely on the good will of others (though there is a lot of good will around!)

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, just thought I'd say thanks for the help again, pharmacy2u delivery came this week on the exact day I'd requested! Hope you're all still well thanks for the tips :)

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I see you've already gone to Pharmacy2U, @UK T1 - a good choice, in my view, too.

For any others who may come across this thread, though: I tried Echo previously and they were terrible. Two orders, both times the items were out of stock, and they failed to notify me on both occasions...