What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
12-05-2020
6.45am FBG 5.3
Think I may have missed replying to some people who asked questions. Apologies if I did. Not intentional.
Plan for today: see what can be saved in the garden, shovel.out some more mud from the barn, before it sets, just enough to get the mower and my bike out. Unblock the gate if I have time and/or energy.
Thank you for all the messages of support and the hugs and likes. On with the day now.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.3 this morning and the sun has decided to return which puts gardening back on the table :)

Walked up to the shops and did a quick turnabout as it seems the people think the lockdown is over. Given B'ham had more deaths than any UK city you'd think they'd be more cautious but it seems they are happy in their selfishness.
Went to the supermarket on saturday, before the easing of lockdown, it was heaving, some people completely ignoring social distancing. Was very glad that this visit i did have a mask. Turnaround without shopping not a practical option after a 10k bike ride to get there. Although seeing how many cars there were, I did think of it. Without a mask, might have gone hone empty handed.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Painting in pastels for today.

It was a clear night sky last night and early morning, and I have been watching the myriads of stars a lot of the night (I should try and sleep more, but the night sky was fascinating and with shooting stars). A beautiful dawn, clear blue skies and sun. But no clouds this morning.

So, I had to use a photograph in my Weather book for clouds. The cloud information, besides the photo, tells me this is Altocumulus and Cirrocumulus. I used blue smooth paper, just a scrap I had lying around, I don't even know what the paper is, probably it was from a cheap pack of coloured paper. And you may be able to see I left some paper showing through.

490F43C8-6BE8-4E42-BD2C-FD6A51142048.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning so not re-introducing the crunchy almond butter until I am absolutely sure I can limit myself to only one teaspoon at a time.

Had a lovely long chat with daughter and am now off with the dogs and then off to the farm shop to get milk and eggs.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me, well almost. It's was that on second attempt from my little finger as first attemp from middle finger gave me 6.7 which I thought too high, makes you think these metres are just designed to throw out random numbers, :banghead:

@Alien Aspie Shop news a little worrying I have to go out foraging on Wednesday. We have the sun just up the road from you so like you a garden day, thank goodness for gardens.

@gennepher thanks for your compliment, nice to know how colours work on screens, I only ever use my iPad maybe I should start looking on my computer screen which hardly gets used these days.

I have a relative who's been keeping a diary of Lockdown and asked all relatives and friends to send in their experiences, how they feel, what do they think we should do to get out of it and what we think life will be like after. What a good idea I thought until I read the last sentence. 'before all this FUSS started' don't think I will respond as I think FUSS tells me we will be thinking on very different lines and knowing the person well a strain on future relationships would be inevitable.

So more of the same, enjoying the garden, art, music and maybe a careful bike ride looking for that one person I can meet outdoors, I wonder who it will be?

Make the most of what you have and do whatever you do with passion. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Painting in pastels for today.

It was a clear night sky last night and early morning, and I have been watching the myriads of stars a lot of the night (I should try and sleep more, but the night sky was fascinating and with shooting stars). A beautiful dawn, clear blue skies and sun. But no clouds this morning.

So, I had to use a photograph in my Weather book for clouds. The cloud information, besides the photo, tells me this is Altocumulus and Cirrocumulus. I used blue smooth paper, just a scrap I had lying around, I don't even know what the paper is, probably it was from a cheap pack of coloured paper. And you may be able to see I left some paper showing through.

View attachment 41260
Been looking at this work in more detail, nice clouds. The blue you left from the paper is that the darker blue which takes most of the sky or the lighter behind the cloud? You did the blending so well it's hard to tell.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher thanks for your compliment, nice to know how colours work on screens, I only ever use my iPad maybe I should start looking on my computer screen which hardly gets used these days.

I realised @Muddy Cyclist some years ago when I was designing something online, that it worked better on the bigger screen, but not on the small phone screen. I was unable, at that time, to solve the problem so one design would work well on both size screens.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies Helen P and millions of others worldwide. I have been up at least 3 hours and forgotten to mention International Nurses Day. Best way to celebrate, seems to me, is a massive delivery of PPE to each and every one of you as well as holding you in our thoughts and prayers. Shine a light https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/l...ine-a-light-for-nurses-on-tuesday-10-05-2020/
Mr Blobby forgot to mention that in his wittering Sunday and yesterday.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been looking at this work in more detail, nice clouds. The blue you left from the paper is that the darker blue which takes most of the sky or the lighter behind the cloud? You did the blending so well it's hard to tell.
It is the lighter blue behind the clouds @Muddy Cyclist
In some of the cloud paintings I have done, it has had quite a bigger area of the underneath paper colour. I always try to leave as much of the original paper colour as possible, but it changes as the pastel progresses.
This pastel changed as I proceeded with it, the lighter blue of the paper had been intended to be most of the sky, but it didn’t work, and so I had to darken it to make it more dramatic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of gargantuan home made DIY burger kits with ven diagram sauce mix instructions came in a 4.3 this am.

Not a lot happened yesterday morning. After the initial frenzy to complete the TO DONE list; watering, rinsing, stirring, prodding, all the exciting action was coming from the clock. Oh, and koffy of course.

The afternoon though was full to the brim of political experts from all depths, nooks and crannies of social media. Who knew that Tracy, who until recently was a furloughed apprentice sun bed operative, knew so much about errors in recent political history, how to quickly get Britain back on it’s feet and demonstrate more insightful and predictive knowledge than that crazy guy Nostradamus.

We did though have a lodger move in later in the afternoon. Silent Bob, the hedghog has decided that our back garden is the place to be in during “lockdown going into phase orange 3”. A small shed has been constructed. Water and dog food from a neighbour provided. It will have to go. We don’t have a large and suitable environment for Silent Bob. So, thinking caps on and maybe a call to a hodge pig sanctuary.

Have the very best day that you can rustle up, koffy calls.

upload_2020-5-12_9-19-5.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of gargantuan home made DIY burger kits with ven diagram sauce mix instructions came in a 4.3 this am.

Not a lot happened yesterday morning. After the initial frenzy to complete the TO DONE list; watering, rinsing, stirring, prodding, all the exciting action was coming from the clock. Oh, and koffy of course.

The afternoon though was full to the brim of political experts from all depths, nooks and crannies of social media. Who knew that Tracy, who until recently was a furloughed apprentice sun bed operative, knew so much about errors in recent political history, how to quickly get Britain back on it’s feet and demonstrate more insightful and predictive knowledge than that crazy guy Nostradamus.

We did though have a lodger move in later in the afternoon. Silent Bob, the hedghog has decided that our back garden is the place to be in “lockdown going into phase orange 3”. A small shed has been constructed. Water and dog food from a neighbour provided. It will have to go. We don’t have a large and suitable environment for Silent Bob. So, thinking caps on and maybe a call to a hodge pig sanctuary.

Have the very best day that you can rustle up, koffy calls.

View attachment 41263
Oh no! You've fallen prey to Wuhan Bob. Dropped by stealth glider and trained to eat his parachute. Surprised Big Blobby and Baby Blonde Blobby haven't yet included that in their stand up acts. Eamonn Holmes says we should at least not reject the idea out of hand.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
art catch up for today -
today's effort is inspired by Barry Hilton's paintings - I like the very bold use of his colours in landscapes and his strong skies.
View attachment 41249

Really like this. The different colours you have used make a much more interesting painting.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10.2 for me today i think it is a problem with the new vial of basal so changed again for this morning hopefully this will solve the rising numbers yesterdays were like a rollercoaster from about 10am not going below 10 all day/night regardless of copious amounts of insulin and rising to about 18,so shall see how today goes higher numbers tend to make me feel terrible and i find them harder to manage than i do with the lows which i find easier to deal with anyway have a good day everyone and hugs to all who need them :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.2 for me today i think it is a problem with the new vial of basal so changed again for this morning hopefully this will solve the rising numbers yesterdays were like a rollercoaster from about 10am not going below 10 all day/night regardless of copious amounts of insulin and rising to about 18,so shall see how today goes higher numbers tend to make me feel terrible and i find them harder to manage than i do with the lows which i find easier to deal with anyway have a good day everyone and hugs to all who need them :)
Sorry to read of your problems. As if there weren't enough problems just now that post reminds us all just how difficult T1 makes life. Take care.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...despite doing very little work things have got so busy phone calls emails galore & catch ups...straight up of a morning the lap top goes on...no FBG or temperature the last few days need to return to having a routine...watching the blusterer yesterday in The Commons it's clear he is confident while there is a depleted house sitting...reading through the proposals the onus has definitely shifted onto the public to ensure if there is a second spike which most experts seem to feel there will be we would be identified as responsible & 'punished' by a further lockdown...the fines for non-compliance have risen although with the mounting confusion over what we can & cannot do whilst I have no intention of breaching the guidelines if I did inadvertently I would refuse the fine & go to court to argue it...Govt. says it's about common sense so I have bought some masks for when I have to go out FFP2 ones from Home Health UK I have got three for just over £11.00 plus 99p for first post it's a great site & it hasn't inflated it's prices during the crisis...woke to a 6.8

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wonders never cease 2 days of 5.6!! Doomy is fuming! My fingertips are sighing as I've gone from every 2hrs to 4 a day. The twits are currently trying to play hide and seek with the covers and all is right with the world.
Take care everyone and stay safe.
IMG_20200511_215758.jpg
IMG_20200511_215632.jpg

Reactions: alf_Josiah