Primal Paleo Keto Healing Books

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Going down the rabbit hole of primal lifestyle helped turn my health around. Of all the books I devoured, the following books really stood out:

The New Primal Blueprint
Primal Pancreas:
Pancreas Damage Survival Guide
The Keto Reset Diet: Reboot Your Metabolism in 21 Days and Burn Fat Forever
Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer life

and for some different food recipes:

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans

If anyone else has good Primal/Paleo/Keto books to share that they have had health improvement successes with, please share it here as well.

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
John, may I ask you to complete part of your profile settings that show which type of diabetes you have as this will show under your avatar. As you have kept your profile private, it may also help if you say which diabetes meds you are on, if any, or if you are diet only, in your signature. Of course this is entirely up to you, but it really does help everyone to understand where you are coming from.

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
John, may I ask you to complete part of your profile settings that show which type of diabetes you have as this will show under your avatar. As you have kept your profile private, it may also help if you say which diabetes meds you are on, if any, or if you are diet only, in your signature. Of course this is entirely up to you, but it really does help everyone to understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for letting me know. I just updated it to Pre-Diabetes with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for letting me know. I just updated it to Pre-Diabetes with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)

That would be good, except it doesn't show under your avatar, and your profile is set at private so no-one can see it. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, just tried changing a few settings. Hopefully that helps.

You have managed to make your profile page viewable to registered members, but you haven't completed the options such as Type of diabetes, treatment, medications.

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You have managed to make your profile page viewable to registered members, but you haven't completed the options such as Type of diabetes, treatment, medications.

Hopefully now it is updated correctly. :nailbiting:

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two more books that may be of interest:

Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo: Some good recipes I have been enjoying along with good health info.

The Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung : Covered in more detail on another thread. His videos are also good to watch.

Last edited:

riverbill

Paleo Principles by Sarah Ballantyne is a pretty solid nutrition science.

The Paleo Manifesto by John Durant goes more into some of the ancestral and physical anthropology stuff and how our diet has changed

Reactions: JohnH2019
M

Member496333

In no particular order so far;

1. The Case Against Sugar
  2. The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes
  3. Keto Clarity
  4. Why We Get Fat
  5. The Real Meal Revolution
  6. Lore of Nutrition
  7. An Apple a Day Wont Keep the Doctor Away
  8. Toxic Oil
  9. Challenging Beliefs
  10. 20 Diet Myths Busted
  11. Olive Oil Can Tap Dance
  12. Primal Blueprint
  13. Fitness Confidential
  14. Wired to Eat
  15. Why We Sleep
  16. The Vegetarian Myth
  17. Cholesterol Clarity
  18. The Plant Paradox
  19. Never Be Sick Again
  20. The Big Fat Surprise
  21. Wheat Belly
  22. Lies My Doctor Told Me
  23. Grain Brain
  24. The Pioppi Diet
  25. The Diabetes Code
  26. Sweet Poison
  27. The Carnivore Code

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnH2019
Hi I'm in a strange situation, I have chronic pancreatitis and now diabetes. Diagnosed 7 days ago as type 2, Seems more like type 3. Had my diet worked out to avoid annoying the pancreas eg low fat high carbs.Now diabetic I have to work towards low carbs high fat. So high protein low fat low carbs seems the way to go. Any books or recipes that fit?

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I'm in a strange situation, I have chronic pancreatitis and now diabetes. Diagnosed 7 days ago as type 2, Seems more like type 3. Had my diet worked out to avoid annoying the pancreas eg low fat high carbs.Now diabetic I have to work towards low carbs high fat. So high protein low fat low carbs seems the way to go. Any books or recipes that fit?
All the Primal lifestyle books helped me rethink the low fat and high carb diets, even (or especially) for those with pancreas issues, as that was the reason my pancreas got into trouble in the first place. I take prescription pancreatic enzymes with my meals to help break down the healthy fats which are absolutely essential for health. Of course those enzymes also help break down carbs and protein so that I absorb more nutrients from food. I also read that too much protein and the body just transfers that to carbs as well.

Primal food is mostly meat/fish/eggs, veggies, nuts and seeds, with as little processed and starchy food as possible. This automatically ends up lower carb, but with healthy fats and proteins.

Are you taking pancreatic enzymes?