What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.15am FBG 5.3
beautiful day. Should really get on with stuff. But after trying and failing to download photos from phone to laptop am feeling thoroughly fed up and demotivated. Silly how a little thing can have such a big impact on mood.
Must get over it. Many have far worse to deal with. Get dressed Lizzy and go out in the garden.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.15am FBG 5.3
beautiful day. Should really get on with stuff. But after trying and failing to download photos from phone to laptop am feeling thoroughly fed up and demotivated. Silly how a little thing can have such a big impact on mood.
Must get over it. Many have far worse to deal with. Get dressed Lizzy and go out in the garden.
Don’t be hard on yourself @SlimLizzy
Technology can be very frustrating.
You will figure it out next time you try.
I am going back out in my garden too!
:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of chantingly manic Monday by the bangles in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of braised Heck sausages with roasted onion and mixed wild mushroom gravy together with a peppery Zigeuner medley of what was in the veg rack came in at 4.8 this am

A knock on the door yesterday, a ring on the bell. Stood on the pavement was Daughter, brother in law and 6 month old minus 1 day granddaughter (not stood on the pavement herself but hovering above, in her dads arms). We do get to see them each day via video link but it’s not the same.

A bit of a Pandora’s box problem, not for me though, happy to oblige, will be much fun for this thrill seeker. Mrs Miggins has asked me to tidy up her hair. This happened a couple of days ago so the job is being approached with stealth like trepidation. So far, my hair and beard clipping paraphernalia has worked it’s way downstairs and is sitting on the dining room table in plain view. The imagined tidy up may or may not happen but happy for it to rest there, Schrodinger like, in the locked box of her decision making tree like The Seven Bridges of Königsberg Problem - which in this case is probably easier to solve as you can look up that particular solution on the wibly web.

Have the very best day that you can have. As always, koffy calls

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.15am FBG 5.3
I have never figured it out - not willing to spend more than 6 hours trying to solve the problem.
I invariably email my photos to myself and pick them up on my laptop - saves loads of stress.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy And depending how your phone is set up..( not an iPhone) you could simply transfer to SD card and remove insert into laptop ..transfer data.

But most likely @dunelm email solution is the easiest.

And as for tech making you miserable..yep common.

Have spent many a day/ night learning how to reformat/ partition hard drives when the bloomin pc goes belly up..usually at the most inopportune moments..

..like it waits...

.and watches me

..like my very own HAL :wideyed:

Ps just to clarify..I don't actually KNOW Mary Poppins OR Normally
talk like Richard van dyke but forum rules do make.me look for alternatives wording.

I noticed I never posted yesterday BG.

Temp was a tad worrying 37.3...until I realised I had just had a mouthful of tea..:joyful:

36.5.. normal service was resumed..:)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Not a bad number as I had a hypo in the night. I though I would as I kept drifting into the 3s during yesterday. Didn't correct it overnight as I never drop below 3.0. Was pleased that my liver didn't overcorrect this morning and release a huge amount of glucose like it usually does.

Feel a lot better after breakfast and coffee - now off to walk the dogs.

Ouch...nasty.

Glad you seem to have corrected this morning..bodies some piece of kit, how it all syncs up...some days :rolleyes:

Enjoy the walk..:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning and such a beautiful clear sky. Enjoyed my walk so much yesterday I shall go do it again :)

Enjoy the day ;)

Great to hear.

I have read many struggle for a while after having covid..you seem to have come through it quite well.

Still feeling any after effects ?

Enjoy your walk as well..think today is a push bike day for me

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a breezy and bit chilly North east, bloods still being a bit naughty but still managing to hover around 9 and not going higher so still some work to do, but I'll get there. My weights arrived, so did my bench but alas no bar to train with, so some frustrated emails between me and the company and it transpires that TNT have collected it, and promptly lost it! So I've had to quickly source another bar to use whilst this fiasco is sorted. Being able to train has helped my numbers come back down into single figures again, and lifting is my happy place so all is well with the world again (well MY world) so high fives to those that deserve it and hugs to those that need them, socially distanced ones of course.

So take care everyone and stay safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great to hear.

I have read many struggle for a while after having covid..you seem to have come through it quite well.

Still feeling any after effects ?

Enjoy your walk as well..think today is a push bike day for me

I had the cough up until last week, still get tired easily but I am able to do the gardening etc. As you know I am privileged in that I have access to care that others don't and as a result had most of the guesswork taken out. Going for a walk was a big step as I live on a steep hill that runs to another so walking involves a very taxing stretch both ways. I practised in the garden ;)

My resting heart rate is still high at 96 and walking will push it to 140-45, my BP is perfect though at an avg of 120/80.

As my doc said "god doesn't want you, and the devil doesn't need you. So, I am stuck with you" :angelic:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But after trying and failing to download photos from phone to laptop am feeling thoroughly fed up and demotivated. Silly how a little thing can have such a big impact on mood.

If you have Amazon Prime you can use Prime photos. Dead simple, download the Photos app to your phone and tell it to share all photos to your Prime folder. They auto appear on your PC, download them from there to any PC folder.

Similarly, if you are iPhone use the iCloud, does the same.

Android probably has a similar function.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from Abbott themselves does anyone know where I can source sensors for a Libre without paying over the odds or leaving home? I still have plenty of experimenting to do, not least how I solve the no breakfast problem. Dawn P runs rampant IMHO - I can see 6s = big problem but I really don't want breakfast basically just makes me hungry all day but I don't want 6s either:banghead: Hopefully just a problem until builder finishes work and gym can be moved downstairs so pups can stay with me until Julie arises - vastly different body clocks. Bungalow made life much easier:bigtears:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from Abbott themselves does anyone know where I can source sensors for a Libre without paying over the odds or leaving home? I still have plenty of experimenting to do, not least how I solve the no breakfast problem. Dawn P runs rampant IMHO - I can see 6s = big problem but I really don't want breakfast basically just makes me hungry all day but I don't want 6s either:banghead: Hopefully just a problem until builder finishes work and gym can be moved downstairs so pups can stay with me until Julie arises - vastly different body clocks. Bungalow made life much easier:bigtears:
I have tried various supermarkets but have been told that Abbott products are the same price as on the Abbott website unless they are on prescription :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Reactions: jjraak

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
try asda pharmacy ian they used to do them not sure if they still do x

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I have never figured it out - not willing to spend more than 6 hours trying to solve the problem.
I invariably email my photos to myself and pick them up on my laptop - saves loads of stress.
If only. That is the main issue . Not able to send photo by email on the phone. Some people don't have smartphones. Will try your tip anyway. Do you think 527 photos will go in one email?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
If only. That is the main issue . Not able to send photo by email on the phone. Some people don't have smartphones. Will try your tip anyway. Do you think 527 photos will go in one email?

Nope, but try anyway

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have Amazon Prime you can use Prime photos. Dead simple, download the Photos app to your phone and tell it to share all photos to your Prime folder. They auto appear on your PC, download them from there to any PC folder.

Similarly, if you are iPhone use the iCloud, does the same.

Android probably has a similar function.

Good thinking

I use g-drive. Backs up pics then I can pick up on line anywhere.

Reactions: dunelm