Apple cider vinegar

Girvo

I've seen videos on YouTube about the benefits of ACV and how it can help control sugar levels and aid weight loss, however 1 of the videos said you can't have it if you use insulin as it lowers potassium levels, does anyone know about this as I was going to start using it with camomile tea,
Thanks all.

Gricep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Running
Caused me major tummy issues

swrigley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes, blood testing
Caused me major tummy issues
I've seen videos on YouTube about the benefits of ACV and how it can help control sugar levels and aid weight loss, however 1 of the videos said you can't have it if you use insulin as it lowers potassium levels, does anyone know about this as I was going to start using it with camomile tea,
Thanks all.
It reduced my blood sugar so had to take one less unit of bolus. Díd not assist wíth weight loss for me. Sorry don't know anything about it's affect on potassium.

Reactions: Girvo
D

Deleted member 308541

My GP advised me not to use it ACV as I take four Digoxin tablets daily, and I could run into problems if I took it over a prolonged period of time.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We make our own salad dressings
ASV. 50/50 Olive oil ,mayonnaise ,mustard, Maggi seasoning and order herbs
Better than any store bought ones!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I have used it for years, works wonders for me and I do take insulin. My potassium levels are fine and have been for many years.. I suffered with terrible debilitating acid reflux, all gone since using ACV. It does lower glucose levels, especially when combined with walking or exercise in general I find. Probably lowers it for me by about 3 times quicker then not using it. It has to be diluted to a level you can use it and wash out your mouth after using it, like you would after brushing your teeth.

That's my on going experience with it.

Jibba Jabba

How do you take Your AVC please Tophat1900?
(Sorry, I’ve not been on here a while and don’t know how to do the “quote” thing)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I’ve been drinking it every other evening before bed. Two tablespoons in a jug of water. Not sure if it helps. I do get a weird flushing sensation, as if I just downed a shot... probably the taste

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
(Sorry, I’ve not been on here a while and don’t know how to do the “quote” thing)

Just added to a glass of water. ACV is extremely potent, so don't ever try it straight... maybe try a teaspoon to say a 375ml glass and see how it goes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Click on the reply button underneath the post you want to respond to.