Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What is mineral water? Does it have a taste? Juiced celery sounds good.

"Mineral water is natural, it contains large amounts of dissolved mineral salts such as calcium carbonate. Mineral water is good for your health. Sparkling water usually has no minerals in it, and it's man-made. It is made by forcibly dissolving large amounts of CO2 into water that usually does not contain any minerals"

Fantastic taste to it, far better than sparkling or soda water. Have a bottle of it every day.

The juiced celery is unreal as well.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mineral water is natural, it contains large amounts of dissolved mineral salts such as calcium carbonate. Mineral water is good for your health. Sparkling water usually has no minerals in it, and it's man-made.
Mineral water is the stuff that comes from springs, with or without sparks. In large parts in my country the water coming from the household tap is the same stuff that's sold in bottles in the subermarket. (Bar le Duc)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Well aware of that @Antje77 .... in Australia, it's as pure and natural as you can get and not sourced from a tap or contaminated with fluoride.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well aware of that @Antje77 .... in Australia, it's as pure and natural as you can get and not sourced from a tap or contaminated with fluoride.
So same as with us. I meant to say that our tap water is the same good stuff that's sold in bottles, same natural spring. I don't think fluoridating tap water is a thing anywhere in Europe.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some brands of sparkling water which have neither sweeteners or sugars, but are infused with fruit flavours. Dash, Ugly and Aqua Libre are three brands. The Dash black currant is particularly tasty. They are worth a try for a bit of added flavour without the sweetness of sugar or sweeteners.

I do like plain water, so long as it is ice cold and drink buckets of it. After exercise or on a hot day adding the juice of half a lime and some pink Himalayan salt to a large glass of iced water is very refreshing.

D

Deleted member 308541

I drink a lot of water, either out of a tap or cheap bottled water at home or in the truck, or from rain water tanks out at the block.

Black coffee / tea with no sugar, low carb beer and single malt whisky make up the rest of my liquid intake.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
So same as with us. I meant to say that our tap water is the same good stuff that's sold in bottles, same natural spring. I don't think fluoridating tap water is a thing anywhere in Europe.

Mandated here that stuff was added to our tap water in the 1970s

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@kdhughes what's wrong with tea and coffee at night? You could drink decaf at night. I find decaf Gold Blend tastes as good as normal coffee. Decaf tea is fine, except I have to dunk the tea bags more than normal tea.