glucose levels 2hrs after eating

mabbo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i have been diabetic 2 for 3yrs now and by taking a low dose of metformin 1 on a morning and 1 at tea time and losing weight i have managed to keep my glucose levels ok , my problem is i work in a carehome as a housekeeper and because of all the PPE i have to wear it is very exhausting,and mid afternoon i start to feel ill ,my nurse has given me a glucose test kit to monitor my glucose ,my morning fasting one is ranging from 5.8 to 6.2 but two hours after my dinner which is about 4pm it is 5 to 6 ,i dont finish work and have my evening meal till about 6.30 is this going to low to quick or is it ok ,i think what is happening is it is going to low which is making me feel ill

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i have been diabetic 2 for 3yrs now and by taking a low dose of metformin 1 on a morning and 1 at tea time and losing weight i have managed to keep my glucose levels ok , my problem is i work in a carehome as a housekeeper and because of all the PPE i have to wear it is very exhausting,and mid afternoon i start to feel ill ,my nurse has given me a glucose test kit to monitor my glucose ,my morning fasting one is ranging from 5.8 to 6.2 but two hours after my dinner which is about 4pm it is 5 to 6 ,i dont finish work and have my evening meal till about 6.30 is this going to low to quick or is it ok ,i think what is happening is it is going to low which is making me feel ill
Firstly, hug and admiration for being on the frontline in a Carehome. Secondly, without the readings from the period between the test and next eating you don't know what level you are at. The 5 to 6 is fine IMHO. If possible test in between those meals and before and after all meals. More importantly, huge respect for you and your colleagues and my prayers are with you all.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firstly, big hugs and keep up the good work.

The readings look good, I cirtainly wouldn't worry about being too low. You can't really go "low" as your not taking any medication that reduces your blood sugars much.

You will be feeling ill becuse of the heat, stress and working conditions. I can imagine it's a tough environment, just try to keep hydrated and take a break in fresh air when ever you can.

Unless you take medication that adds insulin or increases its production you are highly unlikely to go "low" . The lows you feel are very likely to be fatigue rather then blood sugars

Reactions: MAGGYNHERKY

mabbo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
thanks for the advice makes me feel a lot less stressed i have people telling me i should be shielding, to be careful i could make myself ill all from people who dont have a clue about diabetes they are listening to the news and telling me i am in danger i think if i stayed home i would probably be worse i would probably put on weight and then my levels would go up ,but i guess what i'm doing now is like going to the gym everyday lol ,I eat sensible and try to keep myself hydrated but have to admit probably dont drink as much as i should because to have a drink u have to find an empty room take of all your gear just to have a drink ,i love my job the residents are like my second family and yes its hard at the moment but we are all trouping along together and looking to the future for when its all over and thanks for the support x