Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at 0800 . Confused as had about 20 g of carbs yesterday . Bit of cheese before bed . 6.1 for the last 4 or 5 days
Any suggestions
what is your fbs normally @Peadair O Brionn... i now see f bs of low sixs as normal for me..i test occasionally before meals and normal is mid fives..i wonder what yours are?..any help?

Seán mise

I eat like a bird and a rabbit. Measure it all. Never fbs below 6.3. Mind I had a wonky next one meter.
But I discovered that my 1 hour energetic walk first thing in the morning
without any nourishment whatsoever. On return BS was 8.3. Coffee and wait for 2 hours for breakfast. 50g of. My own muesli, made of nuts, seeds and other low calorie, carb and no sugar stuff. 30g full fat yoghurt, 39 ml ayran, 60g frozen fruit. Never get below 8.5 until a snack(a wee one) about 2.00. Another walk for an hour. We'll managed supper. Daily calorie intake 1500-1600
Calories burnt >1000. Wright loss 3Kg in 3 weeks.
Cannot get below 8 BS
Snack of popcorn and hot non dairy milk. Sleep at BS 9-10.
I figure I need to starve a day, to get lower. My last A1b1c was 60.
Anybody any idea,
I searched to see if exercise put blood sugar up. It appears so on the headline, but read it and it is all about hypos.
GP over the years sent me to 3 dieticians
Might as well have asked the door post. Useless. As for the GPs they seem to know little or nothing about this condition. My sister lives across the sea and is a diabetic nurse or I would know nothing.
Anybody able to solve this problem?
Thank you all, God luck and stay safe.

Reactions: Ryhia and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat like a bird and a rabbit. Measure it all. Never fbs below 6.3. Mind I had a wonky next one meter.
But I discovered that my 1 hour energetic walk first thing in the morning
without any nourishment whatsoever. On return BS was 8.3. Coffee and wait for 2 hours for breakfast. 50g of. My own muesli, made of nuts, seeds and other low calorie, carb and no sugar stuff. 30g full fat yoghurt, 39 ml ayran, 60g frozen fruit. Never get below 8.5 until a snack(a wee one) about 2.00. Another walk for an hour. We'll managed supper. Daily calorie intake 1500-1600
Calories burnt >1000. Wright loss 3Kg in 3 weeks.
Cannot get below 8 BS
Snack of popcorn and hot non dairy milk. Sleep at BS 9-10.
I figure I need to starve a day, to get lower. My last A1b1c was 60.
Anybody any idea,
I searched to see if exercise put blood sugar up. It appears so on the headline, but read it and it is all about hypos.
GP over the years sent me to 3 dieticians
Might as well have asked the door post. Useless. As for the GPs they seem to know little or nothing about this condition. My sister lives across the sea and is a diabetic nurse or I would know nothing.
Anybody able to solve this problem?
Thank you all, God luck and stay safe.

Hi @Seán mise and welcome to the forum. This is a thread for recording fasting blood sugar statistics only with very little chat. Can I refer you to another couple of threads as more chatty areas which may suit you better:
Here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-was-your-fasting-blood-glucose-with-some-chat.22272/
Or here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-was-your-fasting-blood-glucose-full-on-chat.163627/
If you would like specific advice it might be worth writing your own post in an appropriate sub forum such as Ask a Question or the subforum for your type of diabetes.

Edit for typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
5.8 this morning. This is the second time I’ve been this low. I’ve been on a VLCD / keto diet for 12 weeks. I’ve lost 2st 7lbs in that time and so happy my morning fasting bs Has finally went under 6. When I started it was in 8s and 9s. I’m thrilled to bits

I’m a T2Diabetic!

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
what is your fbs normally @Peadair O Brionn... i now see f bs of low sixs as normal for me..i test occasionally before meals and normal is mid fives..i wonder what yours are?..any help?
My normal fbs are between 5.3 and 5.7 . If I have a drink the night before they’re about 4.9. According to my meter my average fbs is 5.6 . I eat really low carb mainly meat and cheese with some peppers mushrooms and green beans thrown in