Sensor

Junejennyrose

Hi I’ve newly been fitted with a freestyle libre I just wondered if anyone knew the best covers to get or what to put over it when I go out exercising or even day to day thanks so much

Reactions: sleepster

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like using the tranparent Hypafix/Tegaderm patches.

Joy1988

Hi, I’ve recently started using a Libre too. Funkypumpers.com do some pretty good arm bands etc. To be honest though so far mines been pretty hard to budge even with two little ones
hanging off me (literally) lol.Hope this helps!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m sure you’ll get lots of different answers and it is a bit of a personal choice. I cover with a piece of lint and Opsite Flexifix. Get supplies from Amazon. I wanted something watertight for swimming which I did regularly before Covid. It usually needs changing after a week, hence the lint so it doesn’t stick to the sensor. I haven’t lost a sensor since covering 24/7 I just feel less worried about knocking off.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just received my libre starter pack and found the choices available for patches/covers etc very overwhelming, I'm not sure whether to just go for it and see how well it stays on by itself or put something over it right from the start. I'll be taking notes of recommendations anyway :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just received my libre starter pack and found the choices available for patches/covers etc very overwhelming, I'm not sure whether to just go for it and see how well it stays on by itself or put something over it right from the start. I'll be taking notes of recommendations anyway :D
As you have the starter pack already and no patches yet, how can you resist trying it!
Enjoy, you can always get patches later :)

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 thanks, I'm just a bit apprehensive about trying it! I didn't even know my funding had been approved until last week when I got a phone call telling me the libre training (that I knew nothing about!) was cancelled :eek:
I'm going to go for it, but maybe order some tegaderm patches to come next week in case it doesn't want to stay on :nailbiting:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you haven’t already, get it on. Your new awareness into what actually happens in real time can begin. For me it has been the best thing ever and I am lucky to have it work pretty accurately. Hope yours is the same.

Reactions: sleepster

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Tegaderm patches over the Libre and get the full 2 weeks and they'll take 4 swims a week, also if you get a transmitter to go over the libre the patches don't interfere with it.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6x7cm Tegaderm patches for me, I tried my last one without anything and stayed stuck the full 2 weeks, put a new one on yesterday morning and 15 hours later woke up to find it lying in my bed beside me :arghh:
xx

Lubenz1

Well done all of you that manage to keep the sensor on!! Ive tried arm bands, Tegaderm , Elastoplast etc but nothing works! The worst was 90 minutes but usually they fall off in 4-5 days - much more work required from Abbott to keep these sensors on for the 2 week period - Its a thumbs down for me!!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done all of you that manage to keep the sensor on!! Ive tried arm bands, Tegaderm , Elastoplast etc but nothing works! The worst was 90 minutes but usually they fall off in 4-5 days - much more work required from Abbott to keep these sensors on for the 2 week period - Its a thumbs down for me!!
I use 10x10 cm patches of Hypafix (same as Tegaderm, I believe, other brand), so pretty big patches. As soon as they start to peel at the edges I trim and put a new patch over it.