How strict when getting group 2 licence back?

Morning. I’m in the process of trying to get my group 2 licence back which was revoked when I was diagnosed earlier this year. I’m on month two of my two finger prick readings a day, with just one month of readings to go. Yesterday while at work I missed one of my readings, so only have one recorded for yesterday how strict are they? Will they make me start the 3 months from scratch again? Or are they abit more sensible than that? Sooo annoyed! :-(

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning. I’m in the process of trying to get my group 2 licence back which was revoked when I was diagnosed earlier this year. I’m on month two of my two finger prick readings a day, with just one month of readings to go. Yesterday while at work I missed one of my readings, so only have one recorded for yesterday how strict are they? Will they make me start the 3 months from scratch again? Or are they abit more sensible than that? Sooo annoyed! :-(
Afraid to say they are strict on that :arghh:

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can't you make an intelligent guess? who's to know? @Glass_half_full
Unfortunately DVLA will, because you have to sit in a room with a diabetes consultant employed by DVLA and he will go through every reading on your meter for the last three months each time you renew to check.....twice a day is a minimum....should you get any low readings on the meter make sure you recheck with your meter to show glucose is back up......on a positive side they are human and do recognise Type ones will have hypos but you will be screwed if there are any readings below 3....

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’ve done this for 6 years with the same consultant first 2 years he was strict as hell had a chart with 3 months on it and made sure there was at least 2 tests a day... don’t forget that is only the minimum you should also test for driving in this period to show you are capable when you get issued your license

You’ll have to be strict and do a test at minimum when you get up and when you goto bed that way you will always have 2

Make this mistake when your license is up for renewal and it will be revoked

The following 4 years the same consultant just flicks through on the meter for 3 months.. he might miss 1 missed reading he might not not worth taking the risk

I’ve done this for 6 years with the same consultant first 2 years he was strict as hell had a chart with 3 months on it and made sure there was at least 2 tests a day... don’t forget that is only the minimum you should also test for driving in this period to show you are capable when you get issued your license

You’ll have to be strict and do a test at minimum when you get up and when you goto bed that way you will always have 2

Make this mistake when your license is up for renewal and it will be revoked

The following 4 years the same consultant just flicks through on the meter for 3 months.. he might miss 1 missed reading he might not not worth taking the risk

Doing one when I wake up and go to bed is how Iv been remembering to record my two (i use my libre for the rest of the day). But as I was working till 2330, it completely slipped my mind. So frustrating! Hopefully the consultant will be sensible about it. Well atleast I can only hope they are! I haven’t had any low readings that DVLA would take notice off. But now I have a missing reading. :-(

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
You are allowed hypos and I fact expected to have them that’s ok.. what they care about is hypos that require assistance

As for the test start testing before driving instead of the libre you have to get used to it sometime that way you are less likely to miss tests