Low carb bread

Petal55

Hi I read on here last night about low carb bread you can buy in Asda but didn’t catch the brand and now I can’t find original post can anyone help,please

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hovis lower carb. Just under 10 g per slice. I have a slice in the morning so I can take my tablets. It is half my daily carb allowance.

Reactions: Petal55

Petal55

Hovis lower carb. Just under 10 g per slice. I have a slice in the morning so I can take my tablets. It is half my daily carb allowance.

Thank you , yes I like slice of toast for same reason plus I miss having a sandwhich too

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try HiLo wholemeal seeded at only 5g per slice.

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Asda sometimes sell a bread called "Protein Bread" - more like a rye bread in texture and flavour than a traditional bread. Only 7.8g carbohydrate per 100g. However it is often out of stock (or was when I last looked)
HiLo is available from Sainsburys

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tesco make a high protein Bread and Hovis make a Pumpkin and Sunflower Bread - both 10 carbs per slice.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waitrose sell Livlife which is 3.8g per slice. Delicious - small it filling. My whole family eat it now.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you , yes I like slice of toast for same reason plus I miss having a sandwhich too

I'd suggest just having more of what you'd normally put in the sandwich on a plate would be better.
The best low carb bread is no bread at all.

Reactions: mymuk

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.