LOW CARB PROGRAM ANY GOOD?

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've received an email regarding the Low Carb Program where you can register and pay an annual subscription.
Once registered you will receive recipes etc. to assist you get onto a low carb diet, exercise etc etc.

My Questions:

1. Is this worth the money ?
2. Is it any good ?
3.Has anyone benefited from it ?
4. Is it a practicable/realistic program ?
5. Does it work ?
6. Is it easy to use ?
7. Would you recommend it ?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My response to all your questions in opening post is a resounding “Yes!” @Muzzer.

It is, in my opinion, the way to go, and the perfect follow on way of eating for anyone who has completed the Newcastle diet.

edit to add: Not just for post ND. Low carb is ideal for anyone with T2 to reduce both weight and blood glucose levels.
My reference to follow on from ND is based on personal experience, and I believe th OP has also used this method in the past.

Last edited:

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I doubt I could have stuck with low carb without the programme. I know some didn't find it useful but it was for me. The videos helped me to understand (even though I knew most things there were little bits I didn't know before).
The carb counter was great, I'd tot up everything after carefully weighing/measuring for the first weeks to keep to my new carb limit.
Both staff and other users were very helpful in the chat.
They have some brilliant recipes, especially for special occasions.
And they keep an eye on the research.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've received an email regarding the Low Carb Program where you can register and pay an annual subscription.
Once registered you will receive recipes etc. to assist you get onto a low carb diet, exercise etc etc.

My Questions:

1. Is this worth the money ?
2. Is it any good ?
3.Has anyone benefited from it ?
4. Is it a practicable/realistic program ?
5. Does it work ?
6. Is it easy to use ?
7. Would you recommend it ?

Muzzer, there are thousand who have benefited from the Low Carb Programme. It started after I had gt my diabetes into good shape, else I could well have been one of them.

I'm sure the email you received stated that there is a fantastic offer on at the moment, meaning a whole year membership is £20.99 (I think, but certainly around that mark). It would normally be £70 for the year or just a couple of pounds under £20 if you opted for a monthly subscription.

The programmes is structured, but there are also literally thousands of recipes, exercise workouts, if you want them, mindfulness techniques, if you want or need them, content from experts in the field, such as Drs David and Jen Unwin, a dietician who is fully and absolutely Low Carb (that alone would be worth the money, in my view).

I'd normally say, if you're unsure, do either the 7-day, try before you buy, or buy a monthly subscription in the first instance, but because of this offer, the trial has been suspended, but the One-Year Membership deal is a steal, in my view.

If you have specific questions, you could always email their support team.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Resounding YES to all your questions from personal experience and I do recommend the LCP to friends without hesitation.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll start by saying I didn’t do the program. I found all I needed on this site, the internet and other support groups for free. I wanted it all instantly not paced out bit by bit. From other reviews the lack of pace is about the only criticism I’ve heard from some and that’s at full price.

That said if you want a more structured and guided strategy then definitely go for it, especially with the no brainier amazing deal on at the moment.

Even if you’re uncertain it’s a handful of coffees, a lunch or two, a few drinks at the bar in cost, all of which you’re unlikely to have been doing for some time so will likely have the saved cash to invest in your future health instead.