Please advise newly diagnosed t2

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi dude, newbie myself, feels a bit scary doesnt it but we all in the same club.

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
I agree about the comments about the carbs. One thing that worked for me is regularly test my blood sugars after I ate to figure out what is going on. The only thing I recommended is take it day at a time. You are going to make some mistakes we all have. You are under a massive learning curve it takes time to figure out what works

Dave

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi dude, newbie myself, feels a bit scary doesnt it but we all in the same club.
Yes it is just an update down to 30 grams of carbs a day increased fats to fell fuller already have a high protein diet, on now 2g metformin and 60mg of Gliclazide but BSL still in the high 15-17 range tested before and after meals increase in range is 0.07 what ever carb I eat put that down to weighting food to make sure my carbs stay at the same amount.

I’d like to say thanks to the advise I have received on here makes you feel your not alone

Todd1974

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree about the comments about the carbs. One thing that worked for me is regularly test my blood sugars after I ate to figure out what is going on. The only thing I recommended is take it day at a time. You are going to make some mistakes we all have. You are under a massive learning curve it takes time to figure out what works

Dave
Thank you for the advice and morale support

Perminder1

If you are a plain ordinary type two then removing those high carb foods and the skimmed milk will help a lot.
Grains such as wheat and oats are high in starch, skimmed milk is just about sugar water coloured white (it is naturally blue) so they are better avoided and replaced with protein and fat. I use chicken thighs rather than fillets, cream in my coffee.
To keep my levels normal I eat salads, stirfries and roasted veges, keeping to low carb options. The berries are fine, I eat them in moderation too, no problem.
Love your post reply ...Hi I got diagnosed type 2 March 20 very recently on metoformin 3 times a day and may massive du6et changes curt out all sugar and processed sugar foods buscuits cakes etc also onily drink tea drop of milk and water...h number was 96 in March 20..was told not to worry about testing by my GP but managed to get him to give me a monitor been testing at home since about start if April 20 find my morning fasting numbers are around 5 to 6.5 max after evening meal before bed around 5 to max 7 ish...is that good any advise welcomed

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To test how you are reacting to food you test before starting to eat, then two hours later. A jump of under two whole numbers is considered the maximum you'd want to see before adjusting the amount of carbs you are having as your normal intake.