Update ref Creons.

ImSpiritus

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
For all those worried about lack of Creons, please read below from Mylan UK.

“We had a delay in March with the manufacturing which has resulted in some areas of the UK being out of stock.
Just to reassure you and the patients, we are expecting a delivery this week so nationally all depots will be replenished starting 8th April then we have an additional delivery 15th April.
Looking at the supply plan we then have planned deliveries for May, June and July so I hoping this was just an unexpected blip which has been rectified.
We have another delivery of 40K at the end April then 2x small deliveries in June and July. Once this has ceased there will be more capacity to manufacture 10K and 25K.
There are currently no issues with Creon 10K”

Reactions: JAEC1954

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting. I take 25000 and have been looking online to figure out how I can buy some online. Its just a ridiculous situation for a vital med that we as patients just cant stockpile.

Reactions: ImSpiritus

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Thanks for that post, I was getting, err, concerned.

JohnH2019

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. I was able to get my doctor to prescribe in 3 months batches and for various different sizes since I mix the strenghts per meal and snack. This way 3 months of 3 different strengths gives me a buffer for exactly this kind of scary news. Might be something to look into.

lollyann1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For all those worried about lack of Creons, please read below from Mylan UK.

“We had a delay in March with the manufacturing which has resulted in some areas of the UK being out of stock.
Just to reassure you and the patients, we are expecting a delivery this week so nationally all depots will be replenished starting 8th April then we have an additional delivery 15th April.
Looking at the supply plan we then have planned deliveries for May, June and July so I hoping this was just an unexpected blip which has been rectified.
We have another delivery of 40K at the end April then 2x small deliveries in June and July. Once this has ceased there will be more capacity to manufacture 10K and 25K.
There are currently no issues with Creon 10K”

thanks for your mail and I was pleased to read it. Supply issues with many meds are becoming increasingly poor so it was good of you to post

akccoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Creon supply issues may be occurring gain. Just been to collect hubby’s prescription for 25,000 unit doses but the pharmacy had none. They can only get the 10,000 unit capsules. Is anybody else having problems?

ImSpiritus

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Creon supply issues may be occurring gain. Just been to collect hubby’s prescription for 25,000 unit doses but the pharmacy had none. They can only get the 10,000 unit capsules. Is anybody else having problems?

Looks like problems again. My pharmacist has just said problems getting the 24k Creons and also Pancrease.