Type 1 NHS

Yworry

Posted yesterday a banner on a tv news said "The NHS will give help to diabetics"
does anyone know or have insight into what this statement meant?

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
EYidumgWAAE61IF

Maybe something to do with this?......A dedicated helpline has been introduced to advise people with diabetes who need help with insulin throughout the corono virus pandemic

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Maybe something to do with this?......A dedicated helpline has been introduced to advise people with diabetes who need help with insulin throughout the corono virus pandemic

Maybe, though it's a bit tough if you get issues at 6.01pm on a Friday….:(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe, though it's a bit tough if you get issues at 6.01pm on a Friday….:(

EllieM - In my view, these things can only ever be a safety net. Should any person whether living with diabetes, or not, have health concerns they need urgent (meaning need it today and not in a few days time), then we have NHS 111, A&E and our 999 services - all of which are 24/7. Nothing has been withdrawn in UK, to the best of my knowledge.

Reactions: EllieM

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Posted yesterday a banner on a tv news said "The NHS will give help to diabetics"
does anyone know or have insight into what this statement meant?

It sounds more of a gimmick to me, set up to 'address' the latest information that diabetics are at a higher risk of complications from Covid19. Saves them being accused of doing nothing much. x