Just started on Victoza and diet change

stephenharold

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have explored a different approach with Victoza which may help others. I am T2 for over a decade and have followed the route most others have, starting with Metformin. My journey arrived at Ozempic and then followed 5 months of
diarrhea and incontinence and finally stopped. I was put on to Victoza, starting at 0.6 mg rising to 1.2. Not long after (couple of days) I was back to all I had wrestled with using Ozempic. My diabetes team wanted to move me on to insulin, but I did not, because Victoza has many other benefits, especially risk of cardio vascular issues. So I went back to 0.6 starting dose. NOW THE GOOD NEWS: I started at 0.6 and then increased the dose by one (1) click of the pen per week. One click = 0.06 mg The following day I had bit of abdominable gurgling which settled after about 24 hrs. I continued the journey towards 1.2. One week the gurgling was more pronounced and lasted a bit longer, so I stayed on that dose for 2 weeks, then returned to one click per week and after 12 weeks I reached 1.2 WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. I know everyone is different and I was told that what I had done was very unconventional, but hey - it worked and is still working. So I hope I may have stumbled onto an approach that might well work for other people. I should also mention that I have an extreme form of IBS which makes this class of drugs difficult to tolerate, but this gently, gently approach managed to creep past the IBS with no reaction. I hope this might work for you, it`s definitely worth trying. Good luck.

Reactions: ringi