Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Not quite so warm and sunny here up north today. Probably for the best as need to cut grass after our daily hike. Anybody else feel sad when their sensor is on countdown to oblivion? This one has been bang on accurate and I always feel a sense of trepidation activating the new one. Anyway only 2 hours to go. Will start talking nicely to the one awaiting activation on my right arm so that it feels welcome—starting to go a little nuts 2 months in!

Reactions: kev-w

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Trying to remind myself this is actually half-term and I really don't need to do any household or garden chores this week if I don't want to.

Alas, I am getting so fed of up of my walking routes within an hour or so of home that forcing myself out for a walk is getting harder unless I have a reason to go out other than a walk.

Mmmm.... I will let you all know if inspiration strikes eventually. In the meantime I shall stick to listening to the radio and muting news bulletins.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Alas, I am getting so fed of up of my walking routes within an hour or so of home that forcing myself out for a walk is getting harder unless I have a reason to go out other than a walk.

I have felt the same at times, it's not so enjoyable on your own, but really trying to get motivated.
I hope your day with be a nice one :)

Reactions: Clivethedrive
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, another sunny day, washing is on the line, need to put clean sheets on my bed, washing up then out somewhere for a walk.
Awoke on a 6.0 and pleased with that.
Yesterday packages came for my daughter, she asked me to open for her, I said she's cheeky as I am the one always bringing them in lol. I opened the box and inside was a Ted Baker perfume ( daughter wears this) I said
' you've bought another Ted Baker' daughter said, 'mum, take the hint, its for you :wideyed: well I nearly cried and gave her a big hug, wow, she is a star, love her to bits <3 :happy: and I will be wearing it today :happy:
On a sad note, I dropped a mug in the back garden yesterday that she bought me, it said on it 'Lucky to have you' I felt so bad, but I have been forgiven.................just lol ;)

Have a good day everyone and a safe one too X

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, out early with Mattie but still warm. @Japes I like having a dog in my life, I enjoy the company, though it's also true that possibly unlike you and @Robinredbreast whether or not I'm bored with some walks I still keep doing them. That's only because I have a dog. I see giving a dog enough exercise as a responsibility you take on if you choose to have one, and I also wouldn't want to live with her if she was as bored as she would be without walking. When my last dog died (the beauty in my avatar) I had eight weeks before I got Mattie. I told myself I'd still walk twice every day to keep up my fitness (and it defo helps my T1). Did I? What do you think.... You may both have more self-discipline than me; I lasted less than a week. I did still walk once most days with a friend and her dogs, which I do in normal times, but that was it.

Have a good day all and I hope those of you who walk find somewhere pleasant and interesting to go and you all stay well.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning from a flea bitten Kev :banghead:BOTH knees and a few bites courtesy of yesterdays 16 miler so I'm itching.

Pah, and then I snoozed my alarm at 06.30 and woke up just before 9 which isn't a very good start at all, bloods at 6.1 so at least that's ok, sensor change day too but using the Miaomiao you can get an extra 12 hours so I'll put it on this morning and start it an hour before the current one dies.

Todays moan is paint tester pot colours, Dulux 'Kiwi green' isn't in any way shape or form the same colour shown on their webpage (not that I'm ready to paint) so has thwarted the paint scheme I had in mind....

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, a very sunny one.
Hugs to all who’ve got small invaders, changing sensors, colour-raging, walk-finding, mug-dropping. This time of restrictions can magnify reactions.
More ground prepared a and plants put in yesterday, but it’s created an old-biddy back moan so I’ll be limiting myself to watering the greenhouse and powering up the sprinkler.
Cat’s marked out the bits of long grass he’ll stay cool in, so there’s more of an excuse not to trim it, which is good by me, I enjoy the added lush green.
When we saw older daughter on Sunday, first time in nearly two months, I realised even more acutely how inadequate all the zoom and FaceTime supplements are, and was longing to hug her, so I’m really hoping that we don’t get more spikes and peaks after all the trips to beaches etc.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Are you thinking Kiwi Green nicely low carb, or even a Jacinda yes vote @kev-w? Hope you find the colour of your dreams.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Older daughter brought her dog with her when we saw her @hh1, and it was wonderful: so much interested, sniffing excitement as she looked at everything around her while looping the long lead round the socially distanced garden furniture.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I kind of look on my blood sugars as the companion in my life for which I am responsible, which sulks mightily if I don't take it for regular walks, for it is abundantly clear that works better for me, and 99 days out of 100 that motivates me enough to do the walks whether I want to or not. Today is the 100th day and normally on a half-term Tuesday I would meeting up with a friend and be getting in a very different walk. It is fair to say we are both sulking about this.

Normal service will be resumed at some point....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning/afternoon?

Had an email Saturday night from the guitarist he'd colaborated online with the drummer, written a track & sent it over..
(This lot don't normally write stuff, we tend to just do covers.)

Soooo, I penned the lyrics, to what sounds like a blistering blues track with some old skool Hip hop break beats hammering through it, recorded then sent the vocal stems back last night.. Just need to wait for the bass player.

Lol, woke up earlier & my wife is pottering about, humming the tune.. :)

Reactions: karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you thinking Kiwi Green nicely low carb, or even a Jacinda yes vote @kev-w? Hope you find the colour of your dreams.

:p I'd prefer a 'moderate' carb wall colour tbh :p

Although after 4 or 5 months graft renovating I'm struggling for colours, I 'think' I'm going to use the other colour as the main, but for the feature wall it'll be a lighter green than the Kiwi one, their colour chart gives another one so I'll try a tester pot of that next....

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
:p I'd prefer a 'moderate' carb wall colour tbh :p

Although after 4 or 5 months graft renovating I'm struggling for colours, I 'think' I'm going to use the other colour as the main, but for the feature wall it'll be a lighter green than the Kiwi one, their colour chart gives another one so I'll try a tester pot of that next....
You’ll be ready for lots of ‘green thought in a green shade’. I like Andrew Marvell’s love of his garden.
Our sitting room’s a very very pale greeny-blue, light and cheering.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, out early with Mattie but still warm. @Japes I like having a dog in my life, I enjoy the company, though it's also true that possibly unlike you and @Robinredbreast whether or not I'm bored with some walks I still keep doing them

I am still out walking and will continue to do it, it's being on my own and not having company which I find the most difficult, I had a lovely time out today in the sunshine watching mother nature :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I rang Abbotts helpline this morning regarding the non compliance of my sensor, the customer adviser asked me to uninstall the app on my phone, then reinstall, I put a new sensor on too and and it's working fine now, so, I am very pleased with the outcome and I will be sent a replacement sensor.
Hope you are having a good day, the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous :joyful: x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spent a day pottering, doing a few bits and pieces such as trimming back the rambling rose that threatened, and succeeded, in punishing scalps, and planting out a couple things. Mostly, though, I sat outdoors and read. I wish now that I’d gone for a walk; my old-biddy back’s happier walking than sitting. I’m now wondering if it’s a good idea to walk across town to pick up a prescription, not sure if people will be sensible. We live en route to some popular beaches, one of which was reputedly packed on Sunday. Am I being too cautious?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Very good news about your sensor Robs, and great that there’s Nature doing its stuff on your walks.

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent a day pottering, doing a few bits and pieces such as trimming back the rambling rose that threatened, and succeeded, in punishing scalps, and planting out a couple things. Mostly, though, I sat outdoors and read. I wish now that I’d gone for a walk; my old-biddy back’s happier walking than sitting. I’m now wondering if it’s a good idea to walk across town to pick up a prescription, not sure if people will be sensible. We live en route to some popular beaches, one of which was reputedly packed on Sunday. Am I being too cautious?

Nothing wrong with being cautious. However, we also need to not give ourselves a fear of living our lives. Perhaps take a little walk around a more congested area first to gauge how you feel.
Morning the sun is out! Unfortunately, yesterday we were in the small section of the country under a thick cloud blanket. Hoping today will be better.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone bit of a rollercoaster night had a reading of lo paniced a bit then over treated but leveled out eventualy i never felt the low was just testing normally, when im in the low 3s i feel it so was a bit scary,anyway panic over enjoy your day everyone