What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from another day of promise in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of spag boll with spiralized courgette rode home on a meek and mild 4.5 this am

Not complaining about the radiator setting yesterday but my seedling were not impressed. I think that Mr McGregor needs to either move things round a bit or provide a certain amount of PPE and extra supplies of water.

Video link afternoon tea with our grandchildren later today in order to celebrate grandads “15th birthday” - It must be true because my granddaughter told me and she knows a thing or too about being old.

There used to be a thing, a while ago, before the age of lockdown and stuff. It was called journalism. Best have some koffy.
happy birthday dunelm :happy:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cue setting up a platform just for me to attempt to run after the bar as it decided to roll down the garden!! (it's on a slope)
Sorry john that raised a smile this morning when I read it...its the sort of thing I would do.;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning not quite 12:30 yet & already been a day of contrasts...didn't sleep well got up slightly later than I intended have an appointment at the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...threw some clothes on noticed they had got suspiciously tight I blame lock down...grabbed a gilet couldn't work the zipper...dashed out running late jumped in the car set off just around the corner got stuck behind a tractor...reached the hospital just about on time I was only one in the clinic but had to wait the receptionist didn't bother to tell the clinician I was there for another 15 minutes...not a great INR score felt peed off as I set off home...put roof down put my foot down suddenly forgotten all about the trials & tribulations of the morning...wonderful to feel the wind in my hair as I drove down the A1 got home feeling good another coffee & ready to tackle some housework...woke to a 6.8.

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning/ afternoon all. Had blood tests on Friday and just had a phone call from my Diabetes nurse practitioner. My HbA1c was 60 :arghh: and my cholesterol 6.5 , with an average between good/ bad of 4+ whatever that means ( at least I think that's what she said) so, as I react badly to statins, she asked me to try a new drug which lowers cholesterol but doesn't have the unpleasant side affects of statins. I can't remember the name atm but will be collecting it from the chemists today if anyone wishes to know. Also she has asked me to test my blood sugars twice/ day --one day before breakfast and tea and the next day before lunch and bedtime. Oh well it will give me something to focus on during lock down. :DI haven't been testing / posting my fbs for a while as I was rationing test strips but she has prescribed a pot for me so that's useful. A bit of good news. Mum was tested for Covid last week along with all other residents of her nursing home and her results were negative.:happy: Best wishes to all. Please stay safe and well whilst enjoying life the best you can.:)

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone from another day of promise in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of spag boll with spiralized courgette rode home on a meek and mild 4.5 this am

Not complaining about the radiator setting yesterday but my seedling were not impressed. I think that Mr McGregor needs to either move things round a bit or provide a certain amount of PPE and extra supplies of water.

Video link afternoon tea with our grandchildren later today in order to celebrate grandads “15th birthday” - It must be true because my granddaughter told me and she knows a thing or too about being old.

There used to be a thing, a while ago, before the age of lockdown and stuff. It was called journalism. Best have some koffy.
Happy Birthday@dunelm:singing:

Reactions: jjraak

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday @dunelm from me too. Have a great day of course at 15 it will be soft drinks for you!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning not quite 12:30 yet & already been a day of contrasts...didn't sleep well got up slightly later than I intended have an appointment at the anti-coagulation clinic this morning...threw some clothes on noticed they had got suspiciously tight I blame lock down...grabbed a gilet couldn't work the zipper...dashed out running late jumped in the car set off just around the corner got stuck behind a tractor...reached the hospital just about on time I was only one in the clinic but had to wait the receptionist didn't bother to tell the clinician I was there for another 15 minutes...not a great INR score felt peed off as I set off home...put roof down put my foot down suddenly forgotten all about the trials & tribulations of the morning...wonderful to feel the wind in my hair as I drove down the A1 got home feeling good another coffee & ready to tackle some housework...woke to a 6.8.

well what was almost a horrible day seems to have had some good bits...:D
that wind in the hair (wind in the face here,) but we both know that feeling of the fresh air at pace..glorious isn't it.

and i think that may be a side effect of the virus
not many speak of it, but it's at the nano level where some scientists postulate it attacks clothing,
in effect, they shrink.

Which is what you noticed, and in fact they expect that to be at pandemic levels as we all go back to work.

Good things it's easy to spot, as most offices will have someone only TOO willing to mention it..:hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/ afternoon all. Had blood tests on Friday and just had a phone call from my Diabetes nurse practitioner. My HbA1c was 60 :arghh: and my cholesterol 6.5 , with an average between good/ bad of 4+ whatever that means ( at least I think that's what she said) so, as I react badly to statins, she asked me to try a new drug which lowers cholesterol but doesn't have the unpleasant side affects of statins. I can't remember the name atm but will be collecting it from the chemists today if anyone wishes to know. Also she has asked me to test my blood sugars twice/ day --one day before breakfast and tea and the next day before lunch and bedtime. Oh well it will give me something to focus on during lock down. :DI haven't been testing / posting my fbs for a while as I was rationing test strips but she has prescribed a pot for me so that's useful. A bit of good news. Mum was tested for Covid last week along with all other residents of her nursing home and her results were negative.:happy: Best wishes to all. Please stay safe and well whilst enjoying life the best you can.:)

Hi @dogslife

i gave a winner for MUMS results...some comfort on these worrying days.
and a plus on the tests strips, too

the blood tests..aw, we are all out of sorts with our eating and routines
Sure a few weeks out of lockdown for us all and we'll be re-instating that healthier regime and you'll be at a lower level soon.

Best wishes.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @dogslife

i gave a winner for MUMS results...some comfort on these worrying days.
and a plus on the tests strips, too

the blood tests..aw, we are all out of sorts with our eating and routines
Sure a few weeks out of lockdown for us all and we'll be re-instating that healthier regime and you'll be at a lower level soon.

Best wishes.
Thanks@jjraak.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A beautiful sunny Sunday Tuesday here in the Scary capital.
No place for the weak as yesterdays pantomime showed.

Bloods still elevated,, but i do know why.
a 6.2 a common number for me lately
temp an even commoner 36.6
i think my thermostat may be broken.:sorry:

Had plans today to SD and meet my niece, but she called to cancel.
not feeling well.

Spoken to her, a little down.
it's an anniversary of her mums death and i think that and the worry over lockdown
rather then any real illness is the cause..though i do take it that mental side is an important factor of health
it's not covid as such or any other it seems, please god.

Just noticed my cars MOT is up this week.

so been online to see what i must do.

and to share, here is the guidance
if others aren't aware.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...s-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

and a late ad for a "HAPPY Birthday @dunelm "
hope the day is a good un....

oh to be 15 again..:)
in fact oh to be 51 again..:arghh:

Last edited: