Help!

mouseee

It's been a rocky few months.
I'm coping emotionally with the loss of my mum in April but in the mean time I seem to have mentally decided to take a holiday from being a t2. As in, acting as if I can consume carbs, not testing bs etc. I dont need anyone to explain to me why this is a bad idea... my mum's own t2 was definitely a contributing factor to her covid 19 death.
I think I need to come back here more often again. It was a great source of motivation and support from last July when I was diagnosed.
So, here is my pledge.... the time has come to return from my holiday and get back to real life and being t2 even with the almost certainly higher hba1c that I now have and get back into the habits I had got into and which got my numbers into prediabetic ones. That's all!!

See you here again tomorrow!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm coping emotionally with the loss of my mum in April but in the mean time I seem to have mentally decided to take a holiday from being a t2. As in, acting as if I can consume carbs, not testing bs etc. I dont need anyone to explain to me why this is a bad idea... my mum's own t2 was definitely a contributing factor to her covid 19 death.
I think I need to come back here more often again. It was a great source of motivation and support from last July when I was diagnosed.
So, here is my pledge.... the time has come to return from my holiday and get back to real life and being t2 even with the almost certainly higher hba1c that I now have and get back into the habits I had got into and which got my numbers into prediabetic ones. That's all!!

Welcome back Mouseee. Nice to see you.

When something as traumatic as your experience happens in life, it takes a while to get the head around it. A bit of a meander from your preferred way of doing things is probably very natural. That you feel ready to reset your compass is fantastic.

Take it steady and be kind to yourself.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You didn't fall off the wagon; grief violently shoved you off. Time to climb back on. And be gentle with yourself in the meantime eh.
*hugs*
Jo

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@mouseee so sorry to hear about your loss must have knocked you sideways not surprised it’s knocked you off course. However well done you being able to pick yourself up and get back to it.
We’re here for you and a big virtual hug on its way take care of yourself and be kind to you x

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
So, here is my pledge.... the time has come to return from my holiday and get back to real life and being t2 even with the almost certainly higher hba1c that I now have and get back into the habits I had got into and which got my numbers into prediabetic ones.

Sorry to hear of your loss; don't beat yourself up, you recognise what's going on and have resolved to do something about it. The only way is up; things can only get better as Professor Brian Cox sang.