What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...certainly a better sleep last night needed that...determined to do more today than I did yesterday which wont be difficult because I did sweet FA...off to have coffee with a family member we will be social distancing but just in case I have a full print out of the 'Cummings' defence just in case...okay this lockdown has taken it's toll on my weight my diet & my alcohol consumption...exercise bike out & ready to use will power almost there my jeans which I could not squeeze into yesterday are on display as a 'reminder' well I could literally squeeze in but wouldn't have been able to sit down on the drivers seat...sunny here friends for dinner & Pink Gin later again S/D will be maintained...woke to a 6.8 ...keep safe everyone.

Reactions: dogslife and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rather late start to the currently presented morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of virtual and anecdoche afternoon tea with children and grandchildren clanged in like a maniacal Evelyn Glennie at 5.9 this am - oops!

Still, it’s the reoccurring international bin day today and we are so looking forward to the parade of the social distancing bin lorry which today is running approximately 25 minutes late according the local news caller.

You know that feeling when you get identical gifts - so, two bottles of 15 year old Benromach. Not too bad. Thank you for all your birthday wishes. I do like the silver birch @Muddy Cyclist and the Jenny Josephesque sunrise by @gennepher - would have said Jimi Hendrix but we are not experienced.

Crybully - @ianpspurs - when can I use it? Where can I use it?

Have as wonderful day as you can, I now need koffy.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...certainly a better sleep last night needed that...determined to do more today than I did yesterday which wont be difficult because I did sweet FA...off to have coffee with a family member we will be social distancing but just in case I have a full print out of the 'Cummings' defence just in case...okay this lockdown has taken it's toll on my weight my diet & my alcohol consumption...exercise bike out & ready to use will power almost there my jeans which I could not squeeze into yesterday are on display as a 'reminder' well I could literally squeeze in but wouldn't have been able to sit down on the drivers seat...sunny here friends for dinner & Pink Gin later again S/D will be maintained...woke to a 6.8 ...keep safe everyone.
If you wear the same jeans for a week, they go all loose and floppy - it’s the latest rage in that crazy world of diet tips.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We had a lovely visit to Blickling Hall yesterday. The lake walk was closed so we walked around the woods instead - which was probably better as it was so warm and sunny.

it's such a huge place so we felt we were the only people there for most of the time as they let so few people in. We so.enjoyed our walk.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone. First fbs of my monitoring week presented as 7.3 at 7.55am using my new strips. As an update to yesterday's post--the name of my new non-statin cholesterol medication is Ezetrol (Ezetimibe) . Has anyone tried this? Best wishes. :)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rather late start to the currently presented morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of virtual and anecdoche afternoon tea with children and grandchildren clanged in like a maniacal Evelyn Glennie at 5.9 this am - oops!

Still, it’s the reoccurring international bin day today and we are so looking forward to the parade of the social distancing bin lorry which today is running approximately 25 minutes late according the local news caller.

You know that feeling when you get identical gifts - so, two bottles of 15 year old Benromach. Not too bad. Thank you for all your birthday wishes. I do like the silver birch @Muddy Cyclist and the Jenny Josephesque sunrise by @gennepher - would have said Jimi Hendrix but we are not experienced.

Crybully - @ianpspurs - when can I use it? Where can I use it?

Have as wonderful day as you can, I now need koffy.
Seems as though birthday celebrations went well. Very pleasant presents. I am sure if we ever met in real life we could discuss how to use crybully whilst ensuring the malt didn't become a massive storage issue. People mean well when gifting but don't think ahead:angelic:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

8.45am FBG 5.6 woke about 8.15 but forgot to do FBG.

Breakfast 2x CWH&H, nut granola, 2 eggs scrambled with butter.

BG 6.0 One hour

BG 4 9 Two hours

Had another birdstrike on the bedroom window, this time a young robin. It was sitting panting in the sun and didn't move for several minutes. Eventually I decided to try and move it into the shade. The robin didn't seem to mind being gently handled, just a slight flutter of wings. About ten minutes later when i walked past it took fright at my approach and flew off.

Had not really expected a happy conclusion to the incident. So am delighted.

Here is pic of robin sitting in the shade, under the bedroom window.
20200527_103816.jpeg

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you wear the same jeans for a week, they go all loose and floppy - it’s the latest rage in that crazy world of diet tips.
JEANS!! To bloomin hot in the middle of the country. Put on the shorts, dose up on Vit D, it's not in short supply and free.:)

@HarryBeau be assured all the exercise in the world won't help with weight in our lockdown life stile of living. I'm back doing 12 hours plus Mountain Biking a week, yes each ride I can loose upto 3 Kilo but within 24 little hours it's back :banghead: Snacks, booze and too much cheese. So give up on those jeans for the unforseeable future, unless you intend standing for a good while. :joyful:. Just looked at my Tesco shop, the bill was ridiculous the fridges full, 90% Lindt chocolate shelf restocked, wine bottles replenished, nuts and seeds galore, veg and fruit looking impressive and by next Wednesday it will be all gone, so no hope on the weight front. :(

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Painting for my painting challenge for today.
Pastel. Sunrise.
And it's on the children's cheap yellow sugar paper, the colour of the yellow in the sky...
Took about an hour.
Looks like a scorcher of a day. Me and him are going to be out there on the thatched swing...
Bye....
View attachment 41701
Letting the paper shine through worked well and blending in the orange skilfully achieved. The sunrise reminded me of medieval religious fresco pictures. Our Friday night family creative challenge is 'Moon Shadows' I though about singing the Cat Steven song but realised I had never truly listened to the Lyrics, most odd so decided against it, your pictures sun rays have inspired some other ideas.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Ahh,the Cummings Defence .
Makes you wonder how the police can enforce anything now.

Enjoy your day
Missus went to meet friend
Pics from marble arch. & Oxford Street :10:30am today

IMG-20200527-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200527-WA0004.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked at my Tesco shop, the bill was ridiculous the fridges full, 90% Lindt chocolate shelf restocked, wine bottles replenished, nuts and seeds galore, veg and fruit looking impressive and by next Wednesday it will be all gone, so no hope on the weight front. :(
Mind you have just been out to harvest some Spinach to have with lunch. The crop keeps growing we have been eating it for weeks. So I could do a Popeye and live on it, think of the muscles I would have.:joyful:
IMG_3223.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh,the Cummings Defence .
Makes you wonder how the police can enforce anything now.

Enjoy your day
Missus went to meet friend
Pics from marble arch. & Oxford Street :10:30am today

View attachment 41704 View attachment 41705
Quieter than Cannock Chase, so no I know where all these visitors have come from.:joyful:

Edit, Whoops! In the words of @alf_Josiah other nos available in good dictionaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had a reasonably low carb lunch yesterday just tuna with mayo on a slice of toasted low carb bread get a reading of 11 for dinner blew caution to the wind and had a couple of sweet and sour chicken balls off judith's plate with a spoonful or so of rice and a mini spring roll get a 6.2 bed time it's 3.9 and a rotten night being forced to eat chocolate as kept going low ended up this morning with fbg of 5.0 .:angelic:

I should add that the mayo in the tuna was actually sour cream as did not have any mayo

Rock on Tommy as they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a reasonably low carb lunch yesterday just tuna with mayo on a slice of toasted low carb bread get a reading of 11 for dinner blew caution to the wind and had a couple of sweet and sour chicken balls off judith's plate with a spoonful or so of rice and a mini spring roll get a 6.2 bed time it's 3.9 and a rotten night being forced to eat chocolate as kept going low ended up this morning with fbg of 5.0 .:angelic:

I should add that the mayo in the tuna was actually sour cream as did not have any mayo

Rock on Tommy as they say.
Hug for that but I have been waiting forever to get this one in.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Letting the paper shine through worked well and blending in the orange skilfully achieved. The sunrise reminded me of medieval religious fresco pictures. Our Friday night family creative challenge is 'Moon Shadows' I though about singing the Cat Steven song but realised I had never truly listened to the Lyrics, most odd so decided against it, your pictures sun rays have inspired some other ideas.
Thank you so much @Muddy Cyclist for the compliment. I was very happy with it.
Hope you have fun being creative today!