Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
IMG_1615.jpg

Dose anyone use this for there FreeStyle Libre sensors and dose it stop it falling off

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Sonnyb2 ,

I've never (to date.) prematurely lost a sensor. (I place mine inside the arm.)

However I have done buisiness with the guy that manufactures these & invested in a Miaomiao holder.

Like the ones below. It does the job, holds it in place without the need for double sided tape & easily removed from the sensor.

image.jpeg

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you had problems with the sensor falling off? I haven't had one fall off yet either, but then not tried swimming or sauna yet! Still, I find more of an issue trying to get the sensor off at the end of the two weeks! I also aim for back/slightly more inside towards my torso of my arm and so haven't knocked it on anything yet either.

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Hi @Sonnyb2 ,

I've never (to date.) prematurely lost a sensor. (I place mine inside the arm.)

However I have done buisiness with the guy that manufactures these & invested in a Miaomiao holder.

Like the ones below. It does the job, holds it in place without the need for double sided tape & easily removed from the sensor.

View attachment 41712

How do u use it??

Scarlett91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought some round plasters that go over the existing adhesive just incase it starts to come loose. Haven't had to use them yet though - bought from Ebay. Bought some funky ones from an online diabetes page too. Not sure I would find one of these bands comfy, but I dont think they are too expensive so no harm in trying x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do u use it??
Hi,

The variation I got cradles the Miaomiao2 & the spoon shape that scans the Libre fits nicely over the sensor?
I hardly know I'm wearing it. Certaily keeps it all in place on a busy working day in the winter with multiple layers.
I went for a grey one.. More sort of nuteral for my taste.