BYDUREON ONCE WEEKLY EXENATIDE

baker44

:D i am currently on a trial drug called exenatide once weekly injection as in the past my diabetes was not under control i tride medacation and diet but it did not work very well in the past. but went on this trial drug and it not only got my dibeties under control but helped me lose a bit of weight as well i was so glad i went on this drug. if anyone has the chance to go on this drug i would recomend it. as it helps a large amount of people.. :D :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Re: exenatide once weekly injection

HI
Welcome to the Forum.

As a Byetta 2 x daily user I am interested in your experience with this new drug. How long have you been on it and what sort of effect has it had on your Bg levels and HbA1c etc. We have a large thread about ordinary Byetta in Diabetes Medication and Drugs so I am sure others may be interested in this.

In your profile it says you are on Insulin.......is that correct ?

Cowboyjim

bydureon-recommended-for-approval

Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY), together with Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMLN) and Alkermes, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALKS), announced today that the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has issued a positive opinion recommending approval of exenatide 2 mg powder and solvent for prolonged release suspension for injection (proposed trade name BYDUREON™) in the European Union for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in combination with certain oral therapies.

If approved, BYDUREON would be the first once-weekly type 2 diabetes treatment. :D 8)

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bydureon-recommended-for-approval-in-europe-119905704.html

Cowboyjim

bydureon-experienced-reduction-in-cardiovascular-risk-factor

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...nced-reduction-in-cardiovascular-risk-factors-results-presented-at-easd-2011-129640528.html[/url]
The analyses showed that patients receiving BYDUREON for the treatment of type 2 diabetes experienced improvements in composite endpoints related to body weight, abnormal blood pressure and abnormal lipid levels. These findings will be presented at the 47th European Association for the Study of Diabetes Annual Meeting in Lisbon, Portugal.

Cowboyjim

NICE recommends long-acting exenatide

http://www.nice.org.uk/newsroom/pressreleases/LongActingExenatideForType2Diabetes.jsp
NICE recommends long-acting exenatide
In preliminary recommendations published today (18 October) by NICE, exenatide prolonged release suspension for injection (Bydureon, Eli Lilly) is recommended in triple therapy regimens (in combination with metformin and a sulphonylurea, or metformin and a thiazolidinedionei) as a treatment option for people with type 2 diabetes

Jonjones

Just wanted to share my feelings on Bydureon exenatide once weekly, this is the 1st once weekly injection, I was on Victoza but a friend mentioned Bydureon. I asked my doctor for Bydureon and he was more than happy for me to switch, I can't express how happy I am, I only have to inject once a week!!! And my A1c is now 7%. Bydureon is the future!!!!!! :D :D

stephenT2

Have only just read the news of this new drug. I've been on Byetta now for 3 years, though after a recent tripple heart bypass & new artificial valve replacement, I'm now on Warfarin for the rest of my life. Whatever Warfarin does, it means that my tummy is now permanently 'bruised' with my twice daily injections.

Am attending my Diabetic Clinic soon and will be requesting this new drug. Can you let me know the mechanics of Bydureon? Is it just a pre-filled pen? Does it have to be taken in any special way, after/before food, or just a consistent time every week?

Any info greatly appreciated...

Big_Kev

Jonjones said:
Just wanted to share my feelings on Bydureon exenatide once weekly, this is the 1st once weekly injection, I was on Victoza but a friend mentioned Bydureon. I asked my doctor for Bydureon and he was more than happy for me to switch, I can't express how happy I am, I only have to inject once a week!!! And my A1c is now 7%. Bydureon is the future!!!!!! :D :D

Hi
I am moving too Bydureon next week from victoza, :mrgreen: could you please tell me how long before you can take Bydureon. I am assuming 1 week, even Lilly have taken 2 days and still no answer from them? :cry:

stephenT2 said:
Am attending my Diabetic Clinic soon and will be requesting this new drug. Can you let me know the mechanics of Bydureon? Is it just a pre-filled pen? Does it have to be taken in any special way, after/before food, or just a consistent time every week?.

you get 4 injections (1 month) each week you mix the solution, it is a powder and liquid ampule (I assume water) you mix together, the kit has a needle for the injection.
You inject one a week I have not seen any contradiction on food intake I got this from the instruction sheet.
"The recommended dose is 2mg once weekly, on the same day each week"

http://www.bydureonlaunch.co.uk/templates/lilly/bydureon/downloads/prescribing-information.pdf

Thanks

Kev :D

Big_Kev

GrumpyAardvark said:
How are you finding the larger needle size? Any problems at the injection site?

I don't know what size they are, don't get mine for another 5 days, How long are the needles? :twisted:

thx

Kev :mrgreen:

stephenT2

Anyone know of a link to the instructions to use this preparation?

I can find the Patient Information Leaflet, and also the link in the previous post giving a written description. I'm after a practical version, you know, a picture of what you get in the kit, how you prepare it, how to load it into an injection etc.

Big_Kev

stephenT2 said:
Anyone know of a link to the instructions to use this preparation?

I can find the Patient Information Leaflet, and also the link in the previous post giving a written description. I'm after a practical version, you know, a picture of what you get in the kit, how you prepare it, how to load it into an injection etc.

Hi
Here is a pdf that shows you,

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/pdfviewer.aspx?isAttachment=true&documentid=24669

Also I have found out the needle size and it is ok, I hate needles...lol
they are made by monoject and are 0.6 x 7.9mm

thx

stephenT2

Thanks Big_Kev, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Am attending my diabetic clinic next week, and am hoping to persuade them that this is for me. Taking Byetta 14 times/week is now reaking havoc with my tummy, looks as if I've been a few rounds with that Tyson bloke.. :D

Jonjones said:

Interesting - what PCT are you with? They seem to have got it through approval pretty quickly. Was it a hospital/intermediate team doctor that prescribed it or your GP? Sorry for being a bit nosy but you sound q bit like a company rep sneakily pushing the drug online - which would be deeply naughty :twisted: