Cracked 640g pump

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just noticed that the back of my pump is cracked and I can't get through to anyone at Medtronic (after going through the menu options it tells me that they are open business days until 6pm, then tells me to hang up)
From a quick google I see that it affects the waterproofing but I'm worried with it being a bank holiday and not being able to speak to anyone today that I shouldn't be using it.
Has this happened to anyone else's pump? And when did medtronic stop redirecting you outside their business hours?!

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok stress over, spoke to Medtronic in the US and will be getting a replacement pump sent. Now to try and work out what to do with injection amounts and timings :arghh:

Reactions: Bobr17

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @sleepster

Try not to panic - copy all your ratios down ready for your new set up.

The cracked pump can affect your insulin dosing so just keep a close eye on your levels until you get your new pump, I have had 2 cracked ones now and although it’s a pain it’s easily resolved :)

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Juicyj, it was a bit of a panic when I couldn't get through to Medtronic but feel much better now that it's at least in their system!
I'll get all my settings written down ready, thanks for the reminder :)

Reactions: Juicyj

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Wahey, this just happened to me. 3am, rolled over, heard a sharp crack and thought 'Oh no'.
No problems at all with contacting Medtronic though, talking to nice American lady by 03:45am, she reassured me that sticking tape on to hold the battery in was a fine temporary fix. Talked to UK person at 12:30 today, had new pump in my hand by 2pm. Possibly a new record for pump resupply of 1hr 30mins?

Reactions: sleepster

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine was 4 hours between the request being put in and it turning up at the door, I was very impressed with that! They said I had to discontinue using mine, so I'm surprised they said to put tape on yours. I'm glad you got your new one super quick anyway! Just out of interest @Seacrow, was your replacement black? I always seem to get black replacements but don't know if that's just a coincidence or if it's intentional!

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
Mine was 4 hours between the request being put in and it turning up at the door, I was very impressed with that! They said I had to discontinue using mine, so I'm surprised they said to put tape on yours. I'm glad you got your new one super quick anyway! Just out of interest @Seacrow, was your replacement black? I always seem to get black replacements but don't know if that's just a coincidence or if it's intentional!
Yep, black. The colour choices on the packaging were black, white, navy and burgundy, but I've never seen one that's not black.

Reactions: sleepster

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep, black. The colour choices on the packaging were black, white, navy and burgundy, but I've never seen one that's not black.
My original was purple, when I first got it the hospital asked what colour I wanted and what my second choice was in case my first choice was unavailable. I'm hoping I get to choose a colour when my warranty runs out later this year!