What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pastel painting for today, for my daily challenge.
I prefer doing sunsets and sunrises.
From a cut out photo (not mine) in my box of source material.
On grey Ingres paper.
About an hour and a quarter.

I had only intended doing these pastels for as long as the fine weather continued, but it has not stopped yet!
I will do about another 7 days of these, and then I will be thinking of ideas for my next painting project.

2058CF80-AB55-490E-947E-262BE85012A2.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pastel painting for today, for my daily challenge.
I prefer doing sunsets and sunrises.
From a cut out photo (not mine) in my box of source material.
On grey Ingres paper.
About an hour and a quarter.

I had only intended doing these pastels for as long as the fine weather continued, but it has not stopped yet!
I will do about another 7 days of these, and then I will be thinking of ideas for my next painting project.

View attachment 41734
And we look forward to a week of more pastel creativity from you. When I was more into photography I read most people take sunsets too soon, wait until the sun is just about to drop below the horizon and there is a moment , just a moment when the light is at its best, this photograph you worked from caught that moment and you have recreated it in the art.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And we look forward to a week of more pastel creativity from you. When I was more into photography I read most people take sunsets too soon, wait until the sun is just about to drop below the horizon and there is a moment , just a moment when the light is at its best, this photograph you worked from caught that moment and you have recreated it in the art.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist
Yes, there is that magic moment in sunsets. It is easier with digital photography to see when you capture that moment, because you can see from your screen when the photograph is working.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a full English with low carb soda bread came in at 4.6 this am

soda bread - not having buttermilk I usually just sour up some normal milk (implication that some milk is eccentric or some such). Anyhow, I tried mixing 50/50 milK with kefir - worked a treat.

Electrical Engineering - an annoying beeping from the garage door really got to me after about a week. There is a sensor on the bottom roller, it has AA batteries inside - change batteries - fixed. Pat on back for job well done. But no. It seems that buying AA batteries a decade ago, from Ikea, results in rubbish batteries on so many levels. Batteries replaced again, this time with those that can power a fluffy pink toy rabbit and those annoying toys bought for children at Christmas for days on end.

Have the very best day that you can have. Try marking out visual representations of 2m in your back garden. I’m going for a Venn Diagram so that I know where the picnic table needs to be placed. Koffy.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning.
Yesterday started texting class members about their views on re-starting classes. About 90% so far are agreeing with my view that the most sensible way to proceed will be that the earliest we start back is September - but only if there is no second spike and cases are lower than current levels. I

Am logging everyone's views and suggestions as class members have made some really good ideas on how to proceed safely.

the scariest suggestion is to run zoom classes.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was a man of somberity.
I take full responsibility MC but having said that I am not a big or regular drinker...part of it is the social aspect being outside with different company in the garden carefully socially distancing...you can order the gin online and I have to say Iceland do a really good Pink Gin for around £14.00 per bottle every good as bit as a more expensive one I've bought elsewhere...you must try it;).

Reactions: dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take full responsibility MC but having said that I am not a big or regular drinker...part of it is the social aspect being outside with different company in the garden carefully socially distancing...you can order the gin online and I have to say Iceland do a really good Pink Gin for around £14.00 per bottle every good as bit as a more expensive one I've bought elsewhere...you must try it;).
I believe you are only social drinking. :angelic: Thanks for the info re gin will give it ago. Thanks also for the 'wow' on my pastel.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no idea why but seem to be busy busy busy the last few days...I've tried to catch up with posts but this thread moves so fats (in complete contrast to me) it's difficult to keep up...Plumpy is here with me at the moment collected him from next door they are away for the night just fed him & moved the cushions on his favourite chair so he can sit in the sun trap...must go & find photo I.D for a delivery where I have to prove I'm over 18 really though it would be enough to look at this face so on the hunt ofr my D.Licence of passport...its a beautiful day sun is out & I've pottered briefly in the garden with the watering can to see what can be rescued...dinner a couple of nights ago in the garden so enjoyed it...off for a shower need to brave the chemist this morning I have a prescription to fill...woke to a 6.5 which is fine for me...keep safe everyone.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
29-05-2020
8.15am FBG 4.9
weight 49.8 which is another loss.
Have to be careful in the sun today. Still a bit pink in places from yesterday.

MrSlim is still in state of shock over last lot of bills. He looked at the numbers. Nearly €4k altogether. Didnt see the information only bit. Now got real bill for car tax. He thinks will need to.work six months . Otherwise will have no savings at all.