What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Andy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fashion, consumerism, following the crowd, large crowds.
Hi @Andy2 .
Well done for the careful testing, and Low carb way of eating. It is not clear from your profile if you have T2, or are on medication, so it would help if you could clarify, so advice can be provided that is relevant.
However, the morning fasting level is often the last to come under control, mainly due to the liver preparing your body for the energy surge that occurs from the transition from sleeping to waking up, by releasing glucose.
Hi Pip, I was given an Hba1c two years ago and it came out at 50. I was told I was diabetic (T2). I went on a low carb diet was tested again about a year later and was 45. I started to gain weight again and could not control it so went on the Cambridge diet (meal Replacement) This was very effective, I lost two stone. Then moving on to eating food the weight came back and I'm back to where I started at 14.5stone. I have tried HIT exercise but have found that everytime I do that my weight goes up by several pounds overnight. So the blood sugar is better but the weight is awful!!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.1 this morning, which is on the low side. I skipped dinner. It's the best thing for me for weight loss. I need to further decrease my background.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Fbg was 4.1 on the Libre reader @ 4.54 and 4.2 on phone soon after. Happy salmon salad day peeps.
Morning Ian, your readings of late are optimal for you (I think). Are you finding the libre beneficial for gaining tighter control?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Ian, your readings of late are optimal for you (I think). Are you finding the libre beneficial for gaining tighter control?
Thanks but I'm not sure the Libre is that much use really. The weather, lock down, Waitrose deliveries and low level exercise seem to be doing it. Food and timings of meals exactly the same. (Sorry mods)

Last edited: