Slim fast yes or no

Cazzie7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I have been going off the rails lately and eating too much sugar, cakes etc and drinking a little more wine than normal so I was thinking of giving myself a bit of a boost to get back on track and was wondering if as a Type 2 I could go on Slim fast for a couple of weeks or would I be doing more harm than good.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Cazzie7

High in carbs about 25 grams per portion, low in protein only about 10 grams per portion.

So I would say no.

You could make your own high-protein, low-carb shake using protein powder, a tablespoon of almond butter or peanut butter, unsweetened almond or coconut milk, and a sugar-free sweetener.

Just noticed this is your first post so would like to say Hi and welcome to the forum

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would say no to the shakes. You could google keto protein shakes. Do remember that liquids are going hit your system a lot faster than something like bacon and eggs.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd be another no..
Eat freshly prepared food mainly meat, fish and eggs.
You'll do far better than starving yourself on factory produced rubbish.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Got to agree with the majority here . It’s a. No from me . I had to use slim fast when had my jaw wired up for 6 weeks . Not only the carbs thing but they taste like @@##

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I would also say no to SF or any branded diet. Just have a low-carb diet with fats and proteins as needed to keep you feeling full. Treat it as a life-style for the rest of your life and not a short-term 'diet'.

M

Member496333

Negative. The best antidote to artificial food - is food - not artificial food with water.

Only in my opinion, of course. I'm very sure that many would disagree.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Too much sugar in it for me - I've tried it and my BGs bounced up and down so much that I constantly felt under the weather. The latte flavour shake tasted lovely though.