DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone got a tried and tested amazing recipe for pork ribs to barbecue? Thanks

Flora - I just wing it, using whatever version of rub I fancy on the day.

If I'm in slow time, they'll be BBQ'd for a long time, covered, over indirect heat, then as they're about done, give them a bit more heat to create a bit of a crust.

If there's less time, I'll apply the run, then pressure cook the pretty much cook the meat, then add either more rub, or a LC BBQ sauce. That way is super fast.

I'm sure they would also do very well in the airfryer. I have done ribs in there, but rarely using a sauce.

There are loads of LC ribs recipes out there.

Edited to add, I've had this in my CopyMeThat folder for ages, but not slavishly done it yet.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks but I was looking for a recommendation. I know there are lots of recipes out there but the meat is too expensive to go wrong. No air fryer or pressure cooker so planning a barbecue.
You sound experienced in ribs! I have never made them before.

D

Deleted member 308541

We just use the Nando's marinade, let the pork marinate overnight before cooking on the barbeque.

The marinade is not blisteringly hot, but it has a nice aftertaste (bit carby though).

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/720003/nandos-marinade-peri-peri-medium

Our butcher sells some nice cooked ones every now and then.

97872970_1460682297452838_4842915225009127424_n.jpg

97681890_1460986660755735_4419974964849934336_o.jpg

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Thanks but I was looking for a recommendation. I know there are lots of recipes out there but the meat is too expensive to go wrong. No air fryer or pressure cooker so planning a barbecue.
You sound experienced in ribs! I have never made them before.

Do you have a hooded BBQ?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For ribs, I feel the method is more important than the "recipe". I believe in the 3-2-1 method for side ribs, and I usually do something like 3-1-1 for back ribs. I prefer dry-rub over sauce anyway , and don't put any sugar in my rub. Good luck. Hope they are awesome.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For ribs, I feel the method is more important than the "recipe". I believe in the 3-2-1 method for side ribs, and I usually do something like 3-1-1 for back ribs. I prefer dry-rub over sauce anyway , and don't put any sugar in my rub. Good luck. Hope they are awesome.
I am familiar with these ratios when mixing cement but how do they apply to ribs?

Reactions: Flora123

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you mean! 3-2-1??

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you mean! 3-2-1??
3 hours at low heat with a dry rub on it usually in a smoker, but I've done grill or even the oven. Then 2 hours wrapped well in aluminum foil, usually with a small amount of liquid added. Finally one hour unwrapped on the grill to get a nice char and/or baste with sauce.

Reactions: Flora123