What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who sail on the good ship Venus.......whoops wrong forum, drifting back to my rugby playing days.

A young 6.4 this morning.

I had a shielded patients blood test this morning. I was impressed by the trouble the gp's went to, but all my clothing and myself went in the wash when I got home.
I am now remodeling an old oak garden table as instructed by Mrs J, lots of noise and sawdust, the neighbours will not complain, Mrs J has a way with her fists, but that's a story for another day.
For those that watched the covid briefing yesterday, for once a pleasure to watch, Boris the Beast score 1, journalists score 0, it was joy to see the look on that journalist Laura K's face. Enough of that.

What are you fellow posters planning for the rest of day, something good I hope.
Stay well, stay safe and stay alert. Now no riding your noisy motorbikes through small villages and towns, remember yesterday's post.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As usual Friday rushes by and need to start sorting for family virtual gathering and meal at 6pm. So Mountain Bike Ride, finished another recording for the Recorder Quartet and also added a guitar, next recording Grandfathers Clock, don't ask, but it is a great arrangement for a Recorder quartet. Put up some hanging basket brackets and so a very quick Sketch and a Sculpture.
Sketch A5 size, graphite pencils and a light watercolour wash was of some Hosta in our garden about 20 minutes.
IMG_3246.JPG

The sculpture is really just paper folding. Tonight's family challenge was 'Moon Shadow' I did my drawing yesterday, see post, today I have made a moon shadow out of black paper, I intend putting it in a black silk bag I have and telling a tall story to my grandaughters about going out last night and catching the moons shadow. Being good respectful grandaughters they will believe every word. They all think the moon is made from White Stilton Cheese and the man on the moon eats it which is why the moon changes shape, until he makes more that is. I'm sure they are not just humouring me.
IMG_3245.JPG

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a naughty and unknown 6.8 this am.
tempo 36.1 so doubt it's illness related.

A day of joy yesterday, now we have abandoned any rules,

We went saw our steph again.
park a lot fuller and way more then the 6 allowed, in many groups.

Maybe families are now driving down from Durham to check their eyes sights ok...:hilarious:

but we went against the DC policy and stayed in our bubble as much as possible.

Life goes on, after all.
We are all just left to our own decisions to do as we wish,
now the UK's army on this war on Covid has been cynically disbanded.:rolleyes:

Anyway, i took the liberty of a few scenic-ey shots..yeah, no David bailey here

the Park ..a blue sky .and some horses
IMG_20200528_175740~01~01.jpg
IMG_20200528_175347~01.jpg

IMG_20200528_181946.jpg

and the dog i mentioned the other day,
Glen of Imaal terrier

https://nationalpurebreddogday.com/the-glen-sit/

IMG_20200524_160552~01.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning.
Yesterday started texting class members about their views on re-starting classes. About 90% so far are agreeing with my view that the most sensible way to proceed will be that the earliest we start back is September - but only if there is no second spike and cases are lower than current levels. I

Am logging everyone's views and suggestions as class members have made some really good ideas on how to proceed safely.

the scariest suggestion is to run zoom classes.

what a good idea.

and that is how much of this will be resolved someone / somewhere will come up with an idea that is cheap effective and reusable in other locations.

see the restaurants table dividers and other such items.

My missus loves her yoga, and for the summer months we mused whether classes in the park might suit her better.
and then wondered if some sort of beach/wind breaker idea might work for the indoors element

for her we considered, post with sand in for weight and clear plastic sheeting, (think shower curtain and shower rail maybe ? ) placed in line as aisles
members kept the 1/2 metres apart in each Line.

a respected exit from classes, by the numbers rear first and so on.
face coverings back on until leaving the building.

sure all these ideas will be fleshed out by some with a keener
eye for enterprise.

thinking outside the Box IS the new mantra for now, at least until we get the all clear.

Good luck on your journey back to normality

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A sign the good weather is here to stay. Neighbour is boiling his wife again, why are hot tubs so noisy, why are they so popular? So for some part of every hot day our garden will sound as though we are next to an airport :banghead:

I'm going to start practising my fiddle outdoors that should do it.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A sign the good weather is here to stay. Neighbour is boiling his wife again, why are hot tubs so noisy, why are they so popular? So for some part of every hot day our garden will sound as though we are next to an airport :banghead:

I'm going to start practising my fiddle outdoors that should do it.

oh dear

the worlds now going to be a nightmare, now we are following govt instruction to DO what's in our OWN best interests
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hope it all stays calm.
had no idea hot tubs were so noisy.:wideyed:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

thank you for the welcome back :joyful:

It's been a weird few day without my access to internet, mr gee points out that I could access the internet, I just couldn't see it :p:hilarious:

I didn't realise how difficult it would be to keep a small dog who likes to alternate running about like a daft thing and walking about on her hind legs like a circus performer from putting stress on her operation site. One requires eyes in the back of the one's cranium ;)

I confess to missing a couple of days artwork this week :sorry: but will try to do a couple of things some days to catch up.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - I'm glad we're to get more pastels :) and I love the most recent one.
@Muddy Cyclist - I like both the 'moon shadow' items and the hostas sketch.

Art catch up -
a couple of items, just colour exercises
no 1 to see how colours work together.
upload_2020-5-29_16-40-16.jpeg

no 2 colours with a neutral grey added just to see how that works
upload_2020-5-29_16-40-44.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-29_16-43-10.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-29_16-43-10.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 257

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.4 today

It's been a weird few day without my access to internet, mr gee points out that I could access the internet, I just couldn't see it :p:hilarious:

I didn't realise how difficult it would be to keep a small dog who likes to alternate running about like a daft thing and walking about on her hind legs like a circus performer from putting stress on her operation site. One requires eyes in the back of the one's cranium ;)

I confess to missing a couple of days artwork this week :sorry: but will try to do a couple of things some days to catch up.

@gennepher - I'm glad we're to get more pastels :) and I love the most recent one.

Art catch up -
View attachment 41751

View attachment 41752
Hi @geefull !
Thank you :)
I love both your exercises. Flat areas of colour but very effective, in the first one. And simple house shapes for the second. They are calming paintings.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

Art catch up -
View attachment 41751

View attachment 41752
Thank you for your appreciation.

Both of your pieces I can see being developed into very pleasing watercolour paintings, good way to see how colour works and layout composition. I do like how you use light shades of colour washes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As usual Friday rushes by and need to start sorting for family virtual gathering and meal at 6pm. So Mountain Bike Ride, finished another recording for the Recorder Quartet and also added a guitar, next recording Grandfathers Clock, don't ask, but it is a great arrangement for a Recorder quartet. Put up some hanging basket brackets and so a very quick Sketch and a Sculpture.
Sketch A5 size, graphite pencils and a light watercolour wash was of some Hosta in our garden about 20 minutes.
View attachment 41749
The sculpture is really just paper folding. Tonight's family challenge was 'Moon Shadow' I did my drawing yesterday, see post, today I have made a moon shadow out of black paper, I intend putting it in a black silk bag I have and telling a tall story to my grandaughters about going out last night and catching the moons shadow. Being good respectful grandaughters they will believe every word. They all think the moon is made from White Stilton Cheese and the man on the moon eats it which is why the moon changes shape, until he makes more that is. I'm sure they are not just humouring me.
View attachment 41748

I love the Hostas. Graphite pencils and watercolours work really well.
I like the paper shadow sculpture...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

The sun is up all is well.

Good family virtual meal yesterday evening.

Daughter back into work at secondary school next week, SIL not yet been contacted by his school.

Friends already emailing wanting to meet in their gardens next week, so suddenly life starts to become more complicated.

We have booked a Morning slot to visit a local garden we are members of Dorothy Clive Gardens who say they are limiting visitors each day 10am to 1 pm and 1pm to 4pm we shall see and leave if Very busy.

So savour today stay focused on what matters to you and keep safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Temp 35.9

Another sunny day in paradise.

Apparently in Wales, as from yesterday, I am now allowed to drive up to the exciting distance of 5 miles on a trip or for essential shopping.

They just said before yesterday, Friday, that it was short local trips to do only essential shopping before but didn't specify. But were very clear it was the shortest of trips, only to the nearest essential food shop. Still only essential food shops open here. No garden centres open yet, and they were places I visited, pre coronavirus times, for a change of scenery.

I am now looking on google maps every destination within 5 miles of here, but I have a problem, and it is that three quarters of the circle which includes the 5 mile distance I can travel is in England (out of bounds) and the rivers (I don't have a boat) ...I am sure this is going to be very exciting...

All my friends that I saw before coronavirus live more than 5 miles away, and the majority live in England. So, I still cannot see any friends.

Some of my children and some grandchildren live in England but live more than a few hundred miles away.

Also all the Welsh car parks are still shut, and manned by police etc to check you don't visit these places. As a disabled person who can only walk a very limited distance, I need those car parks to access places. I would like to drive down to the docks, a few minutes away from here, but the car parking all along the docks is shut too and cordoned off. The park which is two minutes away from me by car, the main gates are still locked so you you cannot park a car there (and you are not allowed to park outside on the main road). With my disabled badge, pre coronavirus times, I could drive a way into the park, park by the cafe and the gardens next to it I could access, and sit on the benches a bit. But with the main gates locked I cannot do that.

I have not been out for exercise at all during lockdown because of all this, the car parks being locked. I have only been out for the once weekly shopping trip.

It is going to be 3 weeks before they reassess this.

I had been hoping I could go for a short drive somewhere as I used to for for fresh air and a change of scenery, but they are assuming here, in Wales, that you can walk.

It is not much of a Get Out of Jail Card is it?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another Mediterranean morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of chicken little without the sky falling in came in at 4.7 this am

Yesterday was mainly taken up sitting in the garden reading and shuffling round like a gnomon in a Heath Robinson mechanised sun dial as the day heated up.

Fans - with all this heat around, will electric fans become the new loo rolls? We have a couple that sit on poles but they are over at our holiday lodge so Mrs Miggins went out and bartered for a couple from a Herr Blaupunkt.

Sorry to read that the small easing of the lockdown is not doing much for you @gennepher, must be frustrating. Personally, I have not left home or garden for 12 weeks and have no intention changing that in the near future. I expect that there will be a good number of people out this weekend doing little distancing but quite a lot of littering.

Have the most fabulous day that you can and remember, political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, or so George Orwell thought. Koffy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Another gorgeous day in prospect here and from the snippets of news/weather I bothered with it looks like all of UK. My fbg was 4.4 @ 5.28 today. I have been blessed by good fbg and bg in general this week so am thankful for that. I am not doing much different to the last 5 years really but seemingly small changes and perfect conditions for me personally make a big difference. 1 hard boiled egg and 2 slices of Emmental first thing have kept the lid on DP (Jarlsberg doesn't seem to be available from those who will deliver atm) 14 hrs of 250+ steps more consistently helps but I have usually done that before. For anyone struggling with control I haven't had a week like this in almost 5 years so help will always be given at Hogwarts.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A quickie pastel today. On a throwaway scrap of blue card (I have a box of paper and card scraps) about 3 inches by 7 inches. You can see the blue card showing through. Took less than half hour.

Why a quickie? Because I am going to drive along the coast road for 5 miles Westwards and see where that gets me. I know where it gets me on google maps, but I want to visually see where it gets me.

There is no point in going Eastwards because I will cross the border virtually immediately into England. If there was something I particularly wanted to visit in England within that 5 miles, I would argue that point with the police if stopped. BUT it is a straight road into Chester with nothing either side to do or stop for. So, there is no point in that.

So, I shall be travelling Westwards this morning. Five miles, it's not going to take me long is it? But it will get me out for an hour. I will take a flask of coffee, stop by the roadside, and turn back. I might get some ideas..

I have checked on the Flintshire government site, and it says Disabled people may use their car to reach their point of exercise, but able bodied people cannot. But where I used to go, the car parks are all shut, so I need to find some new, not exactly obvious places.

Here is pastel pic....and bye.....

4D857A3A-E24B-4A18-97E7-BCF64AFBFD07.jpeg

A sunrise....a new beginning...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another Mediterranean morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of chicken little without the sky falling in came in at 4.7 this am

Yesterday was mainly taken up sitting in the garden reading and shuffling round like a gnomon in a Heath Robinson mechanised sun dial as the day heated up.

Fans - with all this heat around, will electric fans become the new loo rolls? We have a couple that sit on poles but they are over at our holiday lodge so Mrs Miggins went out and bartered for a couple from a Herr Blaupunkt.

Sorry to read that the small easing of the lockdown is not doing much for you @gennepher, must be frustrating. Personally, I have not left home or garden for 12 weeks and have no intention changing that in the near future. I expect that there will be a good number of people out this weekend doing little distancing but quite a lot of littering.

Have the most fabulous day that you can and remember, political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, or so George Orwell thought. Koffy.

Hi
I am going out early now for a short drive, and to give the car battery a charge as well. But I will be back before most people have got out of bed.
I have no intention of bumping into another person....
You have a good day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Youngest granddaughter's birthday today. Much excitement when she opened her presents this morning. I had forgotten just how loud little girls can shriek.

Instead of a party she is going to have her first riding lesson today. She is so excited.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I am going out early now for a short drive, and to give the car battery a charge as well. But I will be back before most people have got out of bed.
I have no intention of bumping into another person....
You have a good day.

Enjoy! I hope that your little trip helps.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Another gorgeous day in prospect here and from the snippets of news/weather I bothered with it looks like all of UK. My fbg was 4.4 @ 5.28 today. I have been blessed by good fbg and bg in general this week so am thankful for that. I am not doing much different to the last 5 years really but seemingly small changes and perfect conditions for me personally make a big difference. 1 hard boiled egg and 2 slices of Emmental first thing have kept the lid on DP (Jarlsberg doesn't seem to be available from those who will deliver atm) 14 hrs of 250+ steps more consistently helps but I have usually done that before. For anyone struggling with control I haven't had a week like this in almost 5 years so help will always be given at Hogwarts.

I am also in the clutches of the dreaded 250+ maniac strapped to my wrist. I try for on the hour but get easily distracted by my overwhelmingly busy schedule and have been known to leap up at about 10 minutes to the hour and go charging round the house.