Fizzy drinks.

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, im 3 weeks in, diagnosed type 2, im doing good, diet is under control, learning to drink plenty of water. But would just like to know, diet cola's, pepsi max, coke zero, are they defo off the menu? In strict moderation i was thinking, just to look forward to a rare treat. If not guys thats cool, im liking flavoured water, makes a nice change.

Reactions: Perminder1

Perminder1

Hi everyone, im 3 weeks in, diagnosed type 2, im doing good, diet is under control, learning to drink plenty of water. But would just like to know, diet cola's, pepsi max, coke zero, are they defo off the menu? In strict moderation i was thinking, just to look forward to a rare treat. If not guys thats cool, im liking flavoured water, makes a nice change.
Was thinking sane thing loved pepsi max bot too much before t2 diagnosis March 20

Reactions: Andykopgod

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was thinking sane thing loved pepsi max bot too much before t2 diagnosis March 20
I loved my full fat coke and pepsi, think thats what did me in the end, terrible drinks, but im hoping the odd glass of diet coke will be ok, fingers crossed

Reactions: Perminder1

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max do not have carbs in them but do have sweeteners, some find these diet drinks do not affect their sugar levels at all, some find the sweeteners do have an effect.
Personally they do not affect my sugar levels, but you would need to test to find out whether the sweeteners affect your sugar levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: EllieM

Andykopgod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max do not have carbs in them but do have sweeteners, some find these diet drinks do not affect their sugar levels at all, some find the sweeteners do have an effect.
Personally they do not affect my sugar levels, you would need to test to find out whether the sweeteners affect you.
Cheers. I had half glass of pepsi max with my salad and my sugars went to 6.9, so yeah its about finding out whats good and bad for my sugar levels, something im getting more aware of. To be honest since not having full fat coke iv felt loads better, more energy, better sleep, certainly wont be touching that stuff again. Thanks.

Perminder1

Cheers. I had half glass of pepsi max with my salad and my sugars went to 6.9, so yeah its about finding out whats good and bad for my sugar levels, something im getting more aware of. To be honest since not having full fat coke iv felt loads better, more energy, better sleep, certainly wont be touching that stuff again. Thanks.
Agree any sugar makes me feel sick since I dropped it in March 30... now might try a can of Pepsi max as a treat for old times sake ....then again

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Obviously don't touch the sugar cola again, but generally pepsi max and coke zero don't raise my levels at all, and I'm talking about drinking litres of the stuff at a time. I'm not saying you should do that, but as far as sugar levels go, they contain no sugar, and should certainly be safe in moderation. Good luck with it: the actual 'rules' are easy enough- if it contains carbs, avoid it. The more carbs, the worse it is.

Caprock94

I loved my full fat coke and pepsi, think thats what did me in the end, terrible drinks, but im hoping the odd glass of diet coke will be ok, fingers crossed

I can certainly relate. I used to drink several Cokes a day. I now drink Coke Zero and Diet DP. They don't raise my blood sugar, but I still plan to cut back on them.

Reactions: Lizzyr59

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
I only drink Pepsi Max or Coke Zero and have done for decades! Enjoy!!

Reactions: Lizzyr59