What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A strange day that vanished, daughter visited and sat at social distance in our garden, long chats but she really doesn't have any idea of time or when to go, takes after her mom. Lovely to spend the time chatting but Day disappeared. So very quick watercolour sketch of stepping stones from other angle, still not the stile I can see in my head, so frustrating. A5 20 minute sketch..
View attachment 41794

I like this. It’s exploring ways of doing the painting, especially the leaves on the trees @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.3 ths morning

another very hot day here, we avoided the visitors by taking lunch to Mum's as usual on Sunday and we ate in the garden.
Mum is finding the level of behaviour she's seeing on the telly worrying. She's 95 and has been mostly at home for over 10 weeks now, in that time I think she's only been out 4 times to get her medication and to pick up her pension and in each case mr gee has taken her there and back, we've done virtually all her other shopping and she is finding it difficult to understand the cavalier behaviour she's seeing.
Of course she wants to go out and to have family visitors from other areas but having gone through all the hardship of the lockdown just to blow it all for no good reason by overeacting ? Plus the swathe this virus has already cut through care homes isn't reassuring for her :(

However, lunch was good and mr gee and I got a bit of garden stuff done too. We had to take Katy's medical pet shirt off her and put it on the line to dry because she tried to catch the water jet from the hosepipe with entertaining but soggy results :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - happy birthday to Popeye ;) and what a stunning pastel today :joyful:
@Muddy Cyclist - I'm particularly liking the colour in the foreground foliage of today's sketch :)

today's arty bit -
I thought I would try a bit of a sunset sky again inspired by the weather and @gennepher

upload_2020-5-31_18-42-56.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.3 ths morning

another very hot day here, we avoided the visitors by taking lunch to Mum's as usual on Sunday and we ate in the garden.
Mum is finding the level of behaviour she's seeing on the telly worrying. She's 95 and has been mostly at home for over 10 weeks now, in that time I think she's only been out 4 times to get her medication and to pick up her pension and in each case mr gee has taken her there and back, we've done virtually all her other shopping and she is finding it difficult to understand the cavalier behaviour she's seeing.
Of course she wants to go out and to have family visitors from other areas but having gone through all the hardship of the lockdown just to blow it all for no good reason by overeacting ? Plus the swathe this virus has already cut through care homes isn't reassuring for her :(

However, lunch was good and mr gee and I got a bit of garden stuff done too. We had to take Katy's medical pet shirt off her and put it on the line to dry because she tried to catch the water jet from the hosepipe with entertaining but soggy results :hilarious:

@gennepher - happy birthday to Popeye ;) and what a stunning pastel today :joyful:
@Muddy Cyclist - I'm particularly liking the colour in the foreground foliage of today's sketch :)

today's arty bit -
I thought I would try a bit of a sunset sky again inspired by the weather and @gennepher

View attachment 41796

Thank you @geefull

A beautiful sunset with reflections in the sea.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this. It’s exploring ways of doing the painting, especially the leaves on the trees @Muddy Cyclist
My Rigger Brush dear @gennepher I think my next move is to try copying the stile of a couple of artists who's work I like. For some time I have wanted to paint more abstract, still landscapes. I can see the images in my head but can't get them on paper, probably muscle memory from almost 70 years of painting in a particular way, copying a few may help. One such artist is Paul Fowler there are others but you will get the gist of what I can imagine but can't paint.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...WOecAKHbk_AVsQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.3 ths morning

today's arty bit -

View attachment 41796
Thank you, I like the sunset noticed the amount of small detail you had put into the distant Mountains and mid ground sea cliff and hills, gave extra depth to what could have been just a flat colour, excellent.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My Rigger Brush dear @gennepher I think my next move is to try copying the stile of a couple of artists who's work I like. For some time I have wanted to paint more abstract, still landscapes. I can see the images in my head but can't get them on paper, probably muscle memory from almost 70 years of painting in a particular way, copying a few may help. One such artist is Paul Fowler there are others but you will get the gist of what I can imagine but can't paint.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...WOecAKHbk_AVsQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

I was wondering what you had used...I didn't think of the rigger brush @Muddy Cyclist

I had a look at your link. And I like those landscapes and trees very much. I would love to be able to do something like that also.
I think I can see what you mean that kind of realistic but yet abstract way of painting trees and landscape.
I used to like the way John Blockley painted many years ago, but since seen Ann Blockley's (his daughter?) way of painting trees and I like that very much.
It is like when you are driving very early morning in the half light mists, and you see these tree shapes looming from the sides of windey twisty roads, but you cannot stop to take a photo or observe. I am the driver so my eyes are always on the road.
And to create this effect later, falls short for me.

I think copying a few might help help.
I hadn't thought about muscle memory perhaps resisting a different way of painting.
I look forward to seeing what you do with this.

I have always painted and drawn trees. I think I might have one such picture with caran dache watercolour crayons from when I was 18.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.4

Late yesterday afternoon I was sweating a lot, by that I mean it was pouring off me. And I had been drinking bottles of water all day, as well as usual hot drinks. I hadn't been outside in the garden (apart from doing my pastel painting around 7:00 a.m.), because next door as usual had all their extended family and friends there, and the grandchildren and the boy that kicks the football against the garage door all day long, which they have done ever since lockdown began, so lockdown rules obviously have never applied to them. (I only get any peace in my garden this time of day up to about 10:00 a.m.). So, I had spent most of the day indoors and with my fans on to keep my place cool as possible.

So, I was drinking more water, even though I was pretty sure I wasn't dehydrated. I checked my temperature and that had gone up to 36.9 which is high for me. I checked on my oximeter which said my oxygen levels were 97 and my pulse was 72, so that was fine. Checked my blood sugar readings and they were fine for that time of day.

But I couldn't stop excessively sweating. It was pouring off my face. My temperature goes up to 37.1 and I am beginning to get a bit worried now. Then 37.2. I'm finally about an hour later the sweating stops pouring off me. My temperature begins to go down 37.1. it's now early evening.

Then gradually my temperature goes down bit by bit during the evening. I feel like I've been run over by a bus, that is all my joints are hurting, aching like I've got the flu.

I couldn't get to sleep, and then in the end I took some amitriptyline to try and stop the aching joints. They were aching and hurting that much I just wanted it to end.

My oxygen levels went down to 94 in the night, (but I wasn't having any problems breathing, however I did need the small personal fan on my face otherwise the air was too warm to breathe) I think that's still okay, although it is the lower end of okay. I checked my blood glucose readings and they were absolutely normal for that time of night.

At 5 am all my readings seem normal. The oximeter says 98 (my usual reading) and pulse 72 (my pulse is usually in the 60's this time of day usually about 62), so that is a tiny bit higher.

My joints are still achy. But nowhere near as bad as last night.

I have no idea what the heck happened last night to me.

Was/is it Covid-19, or was I dehydrated? I had drunk plenty of fluids during the day.

I feel a bit frail this morning, however I am going out now in this beautiful morning to do my pastel painting and enjoy the cooler fresh air.

Take care.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me this sunny day.

No idea what sort of adventures lie ahead another day of mystery and wonder.

Take everything in your stride, keep safe along the way.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another strong hint of the azure in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of egg salad and another virtual tea party with the grandchildren came in at 4.7 this am

Mrs Miggins is having a bit of a clear out of now unwanted grandchildren paraphernalia; twin pushchair, car seat, grown out of toys. There is now a pile in the hallway with one of those charity bags playing fairy to the Christmas tree of stuff. I hope that I remember to put them out before 0800.

@gennepher, not a good day all round for you yesterday and I hope that today is more kind to you.

Have the very best day that you can. The easing of the lockdown rules seem to me to be more about economics that biology so I am still not going to be out and about quite soon. Koffy time.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to June everyone. Business first; Fbg for me 4.6 on the reader or 4.9 on the app. Who knew turning on the phone would be quite so carby? Ankle largely sorted with truckload of Naproxen, plenty of tea and water, no coffee or pastrami and down to 17k steps. I ate much later last evening and enjoyed a rib eye steak very much - more than iron supplements. Life certainly moves on a pace. Pentecost yesterday now looking forward to Christmas at morning worship. I seem to have missed a few months. @gennepher hug for the mystery of yesterday and I hope today is much better for you. @dunelm, easing is nothing to do with science and all to do with politics - Cummings. How very condescending/cynical of the elite to announce the opening of a few shops, green light barbeques (for which read booze) and sport to distract us from death, poverty and abject failure of governance. Random harvesting (unplanned? ethnic and social cleansing) seems to be the new policy/ unexpected outcome. Toodle pip.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daily painting for today.
Sunrise with soft pastels.

Took about an hour and a half. Size was half an A4 sheet of thin grey mottled card.

Going back to bed for a nap.

0766C9A3-CC95-4B65-86E5-0BC440D1F703.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the elite to announce the opening of a few shops, green light barbeques (for which read booze) and sport to distract us from death, poverty and abject failure of governance. Random harvesting (unplanned? ethnic and social cleansing) seems to be the new policy/ unexpected outcome. Toodle pip.
I gave you a winner rating for your post but also wanted to give you a funny so here it is. Why a funny? You made me chuckle with the rightful bemoaning of the 'Elite' and the final 'Toodle pip' much associated with Wooster of Jeeves and Wooster fame, intentional or not, brilliant!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daily painting for today.
Sunrise with soft pastels.

Took about an hour and a half. Size was half an A4 sheet of thin grey mottled card.

Going back to bed for a nap.

View attachment 41804
A ray of hope on the horizon, nice sunrise, liked the sea detail and path of golden light and use of the card colour.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.45am FBG 4.9
Good morning everyone, it's another beautiful, sunny morning and I plan to spend at least some of it relaxing with a book and a glass of wine.
Have a good day, be safe and well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave you a winner rating for your post but also wanted to give you a funny so here it is. Why a funny? You made me chuckle with the rightful bemoaning of the 'Elite' and the final 'Toodle pip' much associated with Wooster of Jeeves and Wooster fame, intentional or not, brilliant!
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. I am a fan of Jeeves and Wooster , especially Fry and Laurie portrayal, and all the P G Woodehouse I have read. . By the way, I forgot to say, if you have children/grandchildren who are returning to school or are one of my ex-profession all my prayers are with you. Gove's reforms/curriculum are not worth the risk and are a very long way from education. Btw, Oxon Elite aren't at all the same as Cantab.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm