3 month results

Beansprout

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, I just got my results after the first 3 months (ok closer to 4 as I avoided the test for as long as possible). My hba1c went from 112 to 48.

This is good. Why do I feel super stressed?(Probable answer: inherent crazy.)

1. I don't think I changed my lifestyle enough to warrant such a large drop.
2. I'm struggling to eat healthily recently (case in point, I've two eaten two cookies today).
3. I feel like everyone (friends/family/myself maybe) expects that I will continue to do well. Like now I can't slip/fail.

Anxiety and perfectionism are such killers.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Sharing good news... and then ruining it. :)

How is everyone else doing?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Congratulations Beansprout
112 to 48 is a stunning achievement, I think you have earned the right to indulge in a few cookies

Jen6

So, I just got my results after the first 3 months (ok closer to 4 as I avoided the test for as long as possible). My hba1c went from 112 to 48.

This is good. Why do I feel super stressed?(Probable answer: inherent crazy.)

1. I don't think I changed my lifestyle enough to warrant such a large drop.
2. I'm struggling to eat healthily recently (case in point, I've two eaten two cookies today).
3. I feel like everyone (friends/family/myself maybe) expects that I will continue to do well. Like now I can't slip/fail.

Anxiety and perfectionism are such killers.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Sharing good news... and then ruining it. :)

How is everyone else doing?

I know exactly how you are feeling. I went from 101 to 44 in three months. I felt like there was huge pressure on myself thinking I would prob go up rather than down as there was very little leeway. On the next three month testing I got really worked up znd was dreading the results but was delighted down to 39.
Only on half a tablet now due to come of completely.
Dont stress over results your 44 is good anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Beansprout

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

Look on it this way - you now know what works, so yes, you have to maintain it, but IT WORKS!!!!!
And you have had a fab result.

I hope your doc or nurse, or whoever gave you the results was suitably impressed, and wanted to know by what sorcery and self discipline and plain hard work you achieved your marvelous result?

Reactions: JenniferM55

Beansprout

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support!

@Jen6 glad I'm not alone with the undue self-pressure. Congrats on your low results, those numbers are fabulous.

@Brunneria Thank you, this was a very helpful reminder. :)

Reactions: catinahat

Beansprout

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope your doc or nurse, or whoever gave you the results was suitably impressed, and wanted to know by what sorcery and self discipline and plain hard work you achieved your marvelous result?

I may need to find a new doctor!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I did something similar and my GP hasn't spoken to me since diagnosis - the next test was even lower, and I still did not feel that I was trying hard. I did not know if I should laugh or cry when given the results, so I did both at the same time to stop my head exploding.
Do try not to get in a tizz about it - accept your new super power and watch out for needing an entire new wardrobe. I have lost weight but also completely changed shape in the last few years.

Reactions: Beansprout