Im confused

rebetic

The doctor prescribed Lantus 12u and i took them for a month with no problems then i started going so low that i can eat without novo rapid then I decreased it gradually and now im taking 3u and still im going low i dont know way ?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I wonder if your beta cells have fired up again for a while? It sometimes happens in what’s called the honeymoon period.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @rebetic ,

You've been recently diagnosed in the last couple of months? If memory serves me correct.

Could be the honeymoon period as your pancreas is still randomly trying to help before it finally gives up?

Lantus, did you find yourself with more lows after starting a new cartridge?

rebetic

Hi @rebetic ,

You've been recently diagnosed in the last couple of months? If memory serves me correct.

Could be the honeymoon period as your pancreas is still randomly trying to help before it finally gives up?

Lantus, did you find yourself with more lows after starting a new cartridge?

No its not the cartridge , maybe its the honeymoon period but i still go to med 200 after meals i dont think this is how honeymoon period is supposed to be right?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No its not the cartridge , maybe its the honeymoon period but i still go to med 200 after meals i dont think this is how honeymoon period is supposed to be right?
Is the "200" with no bolus? The honeymoon can be a bit random. It is difficult to say, but you have been recently diagnosed.

Does that mean that its ok to stop taking lantus all together till its over ? That would save me loads of money lol

You would need to speak to your doctor regarding that one..