Hello and I need some help / advice

vox999

I am 71 year old male that has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes 2. I take Linagliptin 5mg once per day. I also take medication for High Blood Pressure.

Today my usually normal symptoms suddenly changed.

My reading today have been between 7am 87, 110 1pm and 117 mmol/l 2:30pm. So this should indicate normal blood sugar.

However my urine is very clear indicating high blood sugar and I am very thirsty and urinating quite a bit more than usual.

I drink about 2 lites of water each day if not more sometimes to keep my urinary tract clear.

Blood pressure 138/88 and a high heart rate of 96 at 2:30PM. Feel a bit shaky. No fever, no diarrhea and no sweating.

I took a took a UTI test strip and it was negative thinking I might have a UTI.

Anyone ever experience this? I'm terrified of going to hospital these days because of the Pandemic.

I apologize in advance if I posted this incorrectly.

Thank you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome @vox999

Why do you think clear urine indicates high blood glucose?
Testing your blood glucose with your home meter is the only way that you, at home, can assess whether you have high blood glucose or not.
So if your meter is reading between 87 and 117 then you do not have high blood glucose - which is excellent news. :)

The colour of urine varies according to several factors, including what you have eaten, and how hydrated/dehydrated you are, and a number of other conditions, but blood glucose does not affect urine colour.

If you are in any way concerned, you could try contacting your doctor by phone, to ask their advice.

urine-colour-chart-v2-f6dbb5.png

https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/urine-colour-chart

Reactions: vox999

vox999

Thank you for your kind reply. I had read that clear to dark urine can also indicate high to low blood sugar. Clear being high. I have texted my doctor earlier today but have not received any reply.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I think you will find urine colour has no implications for sugar level.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And if you have recently eaten asparagus it can go a lovely shade of green! Nothing to worry about just nature taking its course.