Freestyle Libre sensor

Chloe_robbo02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just started using a Libre sensor.
I’ve been diabetic for around 16 years(since I was 2 years old) I was wondering what everyone’s opinion on the Libre is?
I was offered it as I’m out a lot and busy and it’s a lot quicker to check my blood sugar if I’m busy. I use the aviva expert at meal times for my insulin as I’m carb counting.
Wondering if there’s any tip or information about this.
Thankyou in advance.

MarkHaZ123

They can be variable on bg levels. If you feel its wrong double check with a finger prick. People have said when you go below 4 they can be bad with readings

The app is perfect to look and and work out your patterns and when you need to look at things. It's also good for what your levels do through the night.

It was the best thing I'd done getting this. I cycle alot and I work in a busy job so it's good to always be able to check levels quickly

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Been on it for about 18months I think , it’s so easy it’s never going to be what your actual bs is , but it’s more than accurate enough to reduce my Hb1ac to a good level. One th8ng to remember is if you are using the phone app make sure you scan your reader first otherwise you can only use your phone whereas you can use both if you scan reader first.

Reactions: MattH892 and LaoDan

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was lucky enough to get one after being diagnosed for about 5/6 months and have had it now for 6 months, for me getting one at such an early stage helped me understand what my body was doing in so much detail. I guess it really helped with me getting to grips with everything as soon as possible. The readings can be quite varied as most people say but as a general day to day figure, you can't ask for much more. Also great for adding quick notes of carb intake and how much insulin take for each meal so it's easier to see trends and help with understanding highs/lows :)

C

CelalDari

Based off my personal experience, currently on my 2nd sensor, I find that:

- Whilst within range the Libre is pretty accurate albeit the first day and last 2-3 days are a bit less accurate

- Less accurate on the lower (below 4.5 mmol/L) end and higher end (above 10 mmol/L)

Tips I have:
- Use a MiaoMiao 2 transmitter to convert the Libre into a real time CGM which can be connected to a smart watch

- If Libre is showing a hypo or hyper then test manually using glucometer because sometimes I find that it will say I’m having a hypo (3.7 mmol/L) but I will be 4.2 mmol/L when testing manually.