Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Steady as she goes overnight with the help of a 3am injection to stop that DP. Bit of a devil though that the only way to defeat it is to be up at 3am!
May get to see our 3 year old grandson in the park tomorrow. Beside myself with excitement and trepidation. Will have to resist the urge to pick him up and smother him in kisses. Have said though that if he tries to touch/hug me I shall let him. He’s 3 and I shall be guided by his needs.
im the same becca59 :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, up and out early, back and done a few chores, now off out to do some gardening. We're due some rain here mid-week and boy, do we need it! Cracks in the borders and lawn, which is now a fascinating patchwork of brown and green.

I'm part of a committee which is having its first meeting since January outdoors tomorrow evening. Hope the rain doesn't come early as we'd have to abandon it. Only six people but from five households and I'm oddly a bit nervous about it. I've surprised myself.

Have a good day all, enjoy meeting much-missed family those of you who are, and have a good day all (and congrats @kev-w, knew you'd do good!)

Reactions: Japes

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @kev-w I am in awe!
Not a happy bunny, just had a freak accident and dropped my Libre monitor in a mug of coffee. It is definitely not happy and is at this moment laying in a container of rice. I don’t hold out much hope. Luckily I have plenty of strips for my other monitor. Back to basics for a while. At least I shan’t see all the wild highs I keep getting due to this wretched basal insulin.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a happy bunny, just had a freak accident and dropped my Libre monitor in a mug of coffee. It is definitely not happy and is at this moment laying in a container of rice. I don’t hold out much hope. Luckily I have plenty of strips for my other monitor. Back to basics for a while. At least I shan’t see all the wild highs I keep getting due to this wretched basal insulin.
Can you borrow an old compatible smartphone from someone instead of the reader?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can you not load the libre app onto your phone becca i use both reader and phone x

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Busy week ahead with video calling students and hopefully preparing some additional activities for them as well.

I am also determined to get my walking back up to "normal for Japes" levels and got off to a good 10 miles before 11.00 a.m. this morning! This means making up creative routes walking around some green areas I normally walk straight past, making the most of some creative mowing our local council has done in making some paths to follow round and across those areas as well. So, current routine is to get up as if I were going to work, go out at the usual go to work time, but just keep walking until it's time to give up gracefully at the point the rest of the world seems to emerge before I add too many miles dodging those who haven't taken on the message they still need to keep a reasonable distance, or that groups need to try single file....

I am also keeping myself pretty much in "stay home" mode other than this daily long walk/essential shopping. Unless I'm called back into work for the still in creation rota. I can't see the church I go to re-opening any time soon even if we can, given the general age profile of my lot, and relative sense they mostly all have.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No on the phone, mine is too old. Haven’t got access to one from elsewhere. Back to the old test strips for now. Annoyingly this sensor has only been on a week.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No on the phone, mine is too old. Haven’t got access to one from elsewhere. Back to the old test strips for now. Annoyingly this sensor has only been on a week.
Do you use Facebook? When my phone broke I posted on my Fb wall to ask if anyone had an old Samsung or Huawei laying about and I got offered at least 3 phones within the hour. Even the old models of those phones work fine with the Libre.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@becca59 I was given a reader at the training day when it was agreed I’d have it on prescription. I already had one from when I self funded. If you PM me I’m happy to post one of them to you. I’ll have to guess the stamps required, but fingers crossed I’d over rather than undergo them. They might be Christmas stamps though, from the extras.

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother if you do end up posting it 5 x 2nd class stamps counts as a second class small parcel (as long as it’s less than 1kg and smaller than a shoebox, which a reader definitely should be).

Just had my dummy pods for Omnipod turn up, so going to wear one for a couple of days to see how they feel - then if all ok might be time to switch to a new pump!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
Glad your reader disaster’s sorted Becca.
Another sunny day here, what a surprise, and the water butt’s now empty.
Not much else to say about back garden life. It’s all been reduced to who’s got their power tools going too early, how much longer will it be before it rains, where’s the best bit of shade after lunch, anyone got any invigorating gossip and have the pigeons stripped the kale?
I’d love to be able to pack a bag, get in the car and set off on a whim-driven mystery tour.
Am I being too cautious when I distrust all the figures etc?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
Glad your reader disaster’s sorted Becca.
Another sunny day here, what a surprise, and the water butt’s now empty.
Not much else to say about back garden life. It’s all been reduced to who’s got their power tools going too early, how much longer will it be before it rains, where’s the best bit of shade after lunch, anyone got any invigorating gossip and have the pigeons stripped the kale?
I’d love to be able to pack a bag, get in the car and set off on a whim-driven mystery tour.
Am I being too cautious when I distrust all the figures etc?
morning fairygodmother x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Any news of MeiChanski yet?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, think it's just afternoon now. Same old same old here, which sounds grumpy and ungrateful, and I'm neither :) Perfectly happy (well maybe not perfectly!) but content to stick with whatever I need to so I can carry on being healthy and not a problem to anyone else.

Another fine, very warm day here in Somerset, hope you're all able to appreciate - if not enjoy, if you're working - the weather and hope your bgs are exactly where you'd like them to be.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today we met son, daughter in law and beautiful 3 year old grandson for picnic and Prosecco at a big park nearby. It was absolutely wonderful and emotional. He remembered us, was very excited to see us, wanted to talk and play. Run nana run! He was very relaxed but made no attempt to hug, kiss or sit on knee. So nothing to worry about there, though a little sad. Everyone in the park was behaving as they should. As someone who has only been out for a walk early morning once a day and the chemist twice, it felt strange to be in traffic and amongst more human beings. Tomorrow husband and I will prepare a set of boxes on the village green for planting next week. Re in Bloom. Not back as a group yet and husband not normally involved but doing something normal is great.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's lovely @becca59. FaceTime etc is great, but nothing beats face to face time with family and friends, and yes more normal activities. Hope it won't be long before you see them again. I long to give friends a hug!!
We need the rain, but having not had any for weeks, just as we can meet up a bit more, the forecast is for quite a few days of rain, which could make meeting up outdoors interesting!! Hey ho. Enjoy preparing the boxes tomorrow.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is pouring down. The garden will be happy, but I am going to get very wet gardening on the green! Have a good day.

Reactions: karen8967