Hypos

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering how many of us had a hypo yesterday with the hot weather?
I certainly did.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was down to 3.1 at 23:00hrs - love stuffing my face just before I go to bed!

Not sure if it was weather related or I just injected too much rapid as I was winging it for the evening meal. Couldn't be bothered to go back an check either.

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The hot weather could have just been the excuse. Couldn’t possibly be our misjudgment could it.
Ha ha
Ray B

Reactions: urbanracer

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
No hypos here. I reduced my background insulin when I heard the weather forecast. I'm on a split dose Levemir which helps. :)

Reactions: UK T1

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Danielle
It does in my case and I believe that the body can be working hard producing sweat glands etc. Again for me if I am in the garden for example the symptoms can be missed in the heat.
We’re all different still so it is obviously a phenomenon you don’t have to worry about. My original text was meant to have been offered with an element of humour.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha great thread, luckily libre helped me predict them so I didn't actually hypo but reduced my bolus - usually 1:15 but went for 1:20 yesterday so barely any bolus all day, def helped that I have the half unit option on my pen! Haven't really noticed much effect of hot weather before so I was quite surprised, but also spent every second I could out in it! :happy:
I should add this was in the 25 degrees our thermometer thought it was in our garden yesterday!

Last edited:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Yeah had about 4 of them dunno if it was weather , but started in middle of the night , it was a belter too didn’t register on my Libre so got rid of it but was one of those I could eat contents of fridge , so got back to sleep woke up feeling like ****, ( always happens when I’ve had bad hypo in night) , didnt eat a great deal all day had another 3 hypos , but got sugars sorted , today so much better been around 6 all day and appetite is back to normal ! Hmm jacket tatie here I come lol

Reactions: Ray B

Offstars

Last two days at the pool I’ve come in with shaky hands and blood at 3.8 which is low for me. At least I got a popsicle out of it.