Type 1 Freestyle Libre - Adhesive issues

auttycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I truly love using my freestyle libre to monitor my sugars and I found that during the cooler weather they would stick on pretty well for 2 weeks. But with the warm and humid weather I am having a hard time with them staying on and find myself using some medical tape to help keep the little pod on my arm.

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how they keep their pods on, as I find the medical tape looks gross and ratty and my pod is on the back of my upper arm and everyone can see it. I was looking at a company called not just a patch but it looks like they only ship to the States and I am in Canada.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I truly love using my freestyle libre to monitor my sugars and I found that during the cooler weather they would stick on pretty well for 2 weeks. But with the warm and humid weather I am having a hard time with them staying on and find myself using some medical tape to help keep the little pod on my arm.

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how they keep their pods on, as I find the medical tape looks gross and ratty and my pod is on the back of my upper arm and everyone can see it. I was looking at a company called not just a patch but it looks like they only ship to the States and I am in Canada.

Hi there, myself and many others use tegaderm which is a thin transparent patch that goes over the libre (there are other types too). I get it off amazon and it is very good. It's extremely sticky so mine lasts for the whole 14 days and you cannot see it unless you are up close, it comes off easy at the end too by peeling it. Hope this helps. Oh and it's waterproof to a very large extent. x

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi everyone,

I was looking at a company called not just a patch but it looks like they only ship to the States and I am in Canada.

Not Just a Patch will ship to Canada - it is selectable from a pull down menu on the billing page. They are also available through Amazon.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Bought 2 boxes of these over the last couple of weeks (Amazon). I always knock the sensor off, so hopefully this will work. There is about three quarters of an inch of tape that will go around the sensor. I notice the Dexcom G6 has a great looking surround that the unit comes with out of the box, so us Librans have to improvise.

upload_2020-6-1_16-36-45.png

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You can also buy armbands that hold the sensor in place and protects it from knocks and such.
These too are available from Amazon.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can also buy armbands that hold the sensor in place and protects it from knocks and such.
These too are available from Amazon.

Hi John, I noticed these, do you have one and are they any good??

sarah1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

Hi I've bought a band from Amazon, it's like a strap that goes around your arm and holds your libre in place, you can wear it in the shower/bath it's really handy

Attachments

• 20200513_103754.jpg
    20200513_103754.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: JohnEGreen

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I’ve only worn one, it’s been on for 12 days.. I didn’t expect it to, I live on a tropical island on the equator, where it’s hot n sweaty 24/7/365. Not much of a sample size...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi John, I noticed these, do you have one and are they any good??
I don't at the moment only got my Libre yesterday but have one on order so will let you know how it goes.