What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pastel painting for today.
A sunrise.
The paper was a salmon coloured sheet of card.

Took just over an hour.

Then back outside in the still cool air to start a commission for someone...pastels again!

509529E4-99E0-423D-BE2F-1E1F2B69DBDA.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day of mystery and imagination in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Thai vegetable stir fry with ginger and lime came in at 5.2 this am

Little Miss Pamplemouse, my 5 year old granddaughter, decided that a new hairdo was needed yesterday and just by chance, a pair of scissors fell out of a cupboard to assist. The kitchen steps had also mysteriously moved of their own volition. Luckily, mum halted the proceedings before too much damage was done. Children need to learn that silence is a sure sign that something is going on.

Have a wonderful pre-bin day, I am going to make koffy.

Reactions: dogslife

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. My fbg was 4.6 @ normal wakeup, slept on an hour and it was 4.7. Ankle still a problem which was not helped by numbnuts here making up lost exercise yesterday. I think the root of the problem is hay fever despite antihistamines. @Muddy Cyclist your ensemble must have really enjoyed the impromptu concert. @gennepher kudos for the community spirited decision to isolate and great artwork as usual.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. My fbg was 4.6 @ normal wakeup, slept on an hour and it was 4.7. Ankle still a problem which was not helped by numbnuts here making up lost exercise yesterday. I think the root of the problem is hay fever despite antihistamines. @Muddy Cyclist your ensemble must have really enjoyed the impromptu concert. @gennepher kudos for the community spirited decision to isolate and great artwork as usual.
Take it easy with that ankle, they have a habit of attracting lots of fluid if they feel threatened. Bag of frozen peas at the ready. Hope it repairs soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take it easy with that ankle, they have a habit of attracting lots of fluid if they feel threatened. Bag of frozen peas at the ready. Hope it repairs soon.
Thanks @dunelm. I have some special sports injury pads in the freezer mainly for cramp. This is gout which comes with some viruses, issues such as recent pollen levels or pushing too hard. First diagnosed/became a problem when a broken wrist stopped me playing rugby and football. Ran extra miles in bin liners and sweat suits to maintain fitness and ankle said "hold you hard." Doc said gout. As long as I take Naproxen, fluid (except coffee and alkerol) and avoid the knee being impacted all is good. How is your periformis now, or is that a permanent problem?

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.40am FBG 6.2 Too much fizz and late night snacks, so no sympathy required.
breakfast, more carbs than usual, 2 small slices pain kapnor toast with my scrambled eggs, CWH&H.
Two hours BG 6.1
Am being taken shopping today. Will be masked ofc. Hoping to get enough for several weeks.
Strange, surreal situation. Have never met person taking me, although we have spoken briefly on the phone a few times.
Its silly to feel so nervous about this.
When did writing a shopping list become a major effort task? Causing borderline panic. I have to get it right.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher hope you feel much better today, back to normal and that you will get some peace in your garden.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast, more carbs than usual, 2 small slices pain kapnor toast with my scrambled eggs, CWH&H.
Two hours BG 6.1
Am being taken shopping today. Will be masked ofc. Hoping to get enough for several weeks.
Strange, surreal situation. Have never met person taking me, although we have spoken briefly on the phone a few times.
When did writing a shopping list become a major effort task? Causing borderline panic. I have to get it right.
Hugs for feeling nervous over the shopping trip @SlimLizzy
You will do well.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher hope you feel much better today, back to normal and that you will get some peace in your garden.

Thank you @SlimLizzy

Apart from the Airbus coming into land, and now some helicopters, my garden is peaceful from noisy neighbours..so far.

The sun is releasing the scents from all my roses, and it smells heavenly.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @dunelm. I have some special sports injury pads in the freezer mainly for cramp. This is gout which comes with some viruses, issues such as recent pollen levels or pushing too hard. First diagnosed/became a problem when a broken wrist stopped me playing rugby and football. Ran extra miles in bin liners and sweat suits to maintain fitness and ankle said hold you hard. Doc said gout. As long as I take Naproxen, fluid (except coffee) and avoid the knee being impacted all is good. How is your ieriformis now, or is that a permanent problem?
These bodies are really not very well designed. I fear that the periformis may be permanent but I live in hope. Mainly just niggling now unless I do something that it really doesn’t like - static bike is not good.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Two hours BG 6.1

I don't think it is silly to feel nervous@SimLizzy. Staying in isolation drains confidence IMO and we soon get out of routine tasks. After staying away from others for all these weeks I went to the front area of our local supermarket to choose flowers to deliver to mum's nursing home for her birthday. Although I paid at the self check out to avoid queuing at the tills people still got too close and I felt quite panicky and couldn't wait to get outside. I'm sure you will be fine.:)

My fbs this morning was 7.9. No surprise there. Enjoy the sunny day folks before the weather changes. :happy:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a relaxing dog walk in the sunshine we went to the farm to get our milk.
I said hello to.some lambs - they were so friendly and came right up to the fence.

I am going to have a much more relaxing day today - definitely not spending hours and hours working.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These bodies are really not very well designed. I fear that the periformis may be permanent but I live in hope. Mainly just niggling now unless I do something that it really doesn’t like - static bike is not good.
Static bike impact is interesting. I have read that due to the difference in the frame compared to a road bike something called "shearing" can impact the back. I thought you had a road bike mounted on rollers or have I imagined that? I think my ankle rebelled against 142k steps last week. It must needs learn its place in the scheme of things.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Static bike impact is interesting. I have read that due to the difference i the frame compared to a road bike something called shearing can impact the back. I thought you had a road bike mounted on rollers or have I imagined that? I think my ankle rebelled against 142k steps last week. It must needs learn its place in the scheme of things.
Yes, it’s a road bike mounted on rollers. It’s called a cruiser where the peddle set is slightly pushed forward to relieve some pressure to my damaged lower back - very uncomfortable to use at the moment

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two hours BG 6.1

afternoon @SlimLizzy

Definitely not needless worry.
sensible even.

i had given this some thought.
and from what i could capture online, i decided.

To make anything safer.
to wear a mask when SD not possible.
the "I protect You , you protect me." principle.

but until anyone can prove this can no longer be transmitted
the fake bravado of many endangers us all.

so in a car, with someone i did not know ,
that person outside your social bubble, and for me, probably inside it.
(collecting our steph to return to her flat share next week, will be doing this)

sit diagonal to driver (rear seat) provides most space.
keep windows open if possible
both to wear face coverings, because "i protect you, etc "

this virus will end, or be better controlled at some point.

be shame not be there for that,
just because the Govt WANTS us to be as
stupid as possible.

"Don't be Like DOM"

Care & think about others.
it's what a Decent person does.

Protect & Respect,
IS our Road Map out for all of us.
so as many as possible are here for
Freedom From Covid day.

enjoy your trip.

hope you get all the supplies you need.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a late start to the day.

madam let me sleep on as she walked to work..:wideyed:..respect..
a good hours walk easy.

Yesterday dropped her off.
roads not quite as busy as normal..50% ?

buses not busy, so she says she would have got on one happily.
makes a good point if you were going to travel, now is better then later to get acclimatised.

she is in front of me, socially
the freaking out as people get too close not phrasing here, now.
me it still gets my back up.

she found coughing loudly creates a little more space around her when that happens
(she masks but it still works)

We have two fold up bikes, so both getting slung in back of car and off to stephs for a little R&R in the Burbs

Today BG are 6.3 still too high.
temp a steady 36.5
sats 98%

Nice to hear your feeling better @gennepher

stay well all.

London Out.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have just received an automated telephone message to say that I am about to be arrested for tax fraud unless I follow the instructions in the message.
Then I received an email to say that I will lose my email address unless I click onto the links to verify it. They addressed me as Dear Esteemed Customer. I would be surprised if they would catch anyone with these scams.
I have noticed that since the coronavirus I have been targeted by more of these scammers.