New Creon Supply Problems 2020

ImSpiritus

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
April 2020
Availability of Creon (Pancreatin) 25K
Mylan, the marketing authorisation holder for Creon in the UK, will experience a temporary and
limited supply constraint of Creon 25K in the coming weeks.
We are working closely with our wholesale partners to ensure an even distribution nationally of the
stock we currently have available and anticipate normal stock levels to resume at the end of May.
Creon Micro and Creon 10K continue to be available and Creon capsules are interchangeable. Patients
prescribed Creon 25K can reach their recommended amount by taking more of the lower strength
capsules (Creon 10K) and should not be concerned about the efficacy when transferring to lower
strength capsules to achieve their prescribed dosage.
We are working closely with patient advocacy groups to ensure they are informed of the temporary
supply constraint and will continue to keep our dedicated website, www.creon.co.uk, updated with
the latest stock information.
Information for Patients and Prescribers
Mylan is unable to make any specific treatment recommendations to healthcare professionals or for
individual patients, however, it is recommended that patients speak to their treating physician to discuss
treatment options according to their health needs and their relevant clinical history.
About Creon
Creon is a Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy (PERT) that helps patients with Pancreatic Exocrine
Insufficiency (PEI) to break down food and digest nutrients by replacing the pancreatic enzymes made by
a healthy pancreas. The active substance of Creon is pancreatin, a natural substance from the pancreas
of the pig; as a biologic product Creon is produced using a complex manufacturing process that is
subject to high standards and strict requirements in terms of quality and compliance.
Contact Information
If you require additional information or have any questions, please contact our medical information
team on 01707 853 000 or via email; [email protected]

Reactions: Struma

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting this info. Creon 25g was missing from my med bags last week and though I have a couple of spares if this happens next time I will ask GP to prescribe 3 x 10g instead. This isnt the first time there has been supply issues with Creon.

ImSpiritus

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
This seems to be a yearly problem. It was around this time last year there was a problem with supply also. Its not just Creons, I have pancrease as a backup and even those are hard to get in the 24k. Last year people blamed Brexit, this year some are sayin its down to Covid19. Wonder what next years excuse will be.