Completely inaccurate freestyle libre scans

hollyslot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

each time I scan my freestyle libre, it is completely inaccurate compared to my finger prick tests. I have had it on for 5 days now, and I would think by now it would be accurate. For example it will scan as 5.7, but when I finger prick- my BG is 10.5.

does anyone know what I can do about this?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Call Abbott and tell them you have a faulty sensor. Don't take it off yet, they might want you to do a couple more tests.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Make sure you have a record of tests, and leave fifteen mins between blood and Libre so they can’t say you weren’t allowing for the difference between blood and interstitial

hollyslot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I called Abbott and they are sending a replacement!

C

CelalDari

Hello,

each time I scan my freestyle libre, it is completely inaccurate compared to my finger prick tests. I have had it on for 5 days now, and I would think by now it would be accurate. For example it will scan as 5.7, but when I finger prick- my BG is 10.5.

does anyone know what I can do about this?

I tried a Freestyle Libre for 2 weeks for the first time. For the first 2-3 days my BG was 0.4-0.7 mmol/L off my actual reading which was not bad since the Libre is 15 min behind.

During the mid term of using it the accuracy was amazing, sometimes I would get the same values both on Libre and glucometer. However by day 11/12 the sensor became inaccurate and the inaccuracy increased day by day until a difference of 2.7 mmol/L between real BG and Libre values.

Anyways I used it for the 14 days and at the end I contacted Abbott Diabetes Care to say my complaints. They asked a few questions, my address and boom! they said they will replace my sensor for free. They also send a free post envelope so you can send back the old inaccurate sensor. Make sure you don’t throw away your sensor.

I will try the Libre for another 2 weeks and will see if it’s something I should invest in because I heard it’s hard to get it on the NHS

Reactions: hollyslot

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I found out the hard way that the FSL doesn’t work with those with sickle cell trait. I keep “hyping” on its readings but FPT showed that I wasn’t even under 7. It sucks as I have 5 boxes that I paid for at home.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They also send a free post envelope so you can send back the old inaccurate sensor. Make sure you don’t throw away your sensor.
They don't always, the last month I've had 2 replacements and was told to just dispose of my sensors, 1 inaccurate from day 8 and the other fell off 15 hours after applying xx